DB-Viadone

Look for maps, show your maps...

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Twigstir

DB-Viadone

Post by Twigstir »

DB-Viadone screenshots and download: http://www.pcgamemods.com/4546/

This map was almost done when I finished Mountain Keep. I haven't had the hart to map for deathball anymore but, I don't like unfinnished stuff. I could have done more, just didn't feel like it. It is the same size as Mountain keep with goals in the opposite corners. Different graphics and more angles. Most of the skybox is high or highest detail. If the deathball physics volume bug ever gets fixed - the fans are deadly.

As always, some who just look at screenshots, will hate it. Most who play it online, with enjoy it.
Last edited by Twigstir on 05-03-2004 06:39, edited 1 time in total.
Rens2Sea

Post by Rens2Sea »

/me has a dejavu
Young_One
Banned

Post by Young_One »

twig, i normally love your maps. They are a blast to play on and make great vo games. but this map just isnt there. It seems way too much like your left and right corners map. Maybe if you put fans on the side walls that either killed people by sucking them in if you got too close, or pushed them or the ball away or something like that. or just have em on the side and let us hit people into them :D
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

Young_One, the map is suppose to be similar to the other corners but has varations to give you guys something different to play. Volley only works best and people only play, simple small empty cubes with slight changes. Once you play this map 5 vs 5 you'll see why I made it and how different it is from Left and Right Corners.

It's much bigger and thus plays differently. The added angles also add different gameplay opportunities. Viadone is similar to others maps but different. It stays within the confines of what most players will play.

If it was posible, you already would have seen fans and vents like you suggested. Sunset's fan is set to suck in the ball and Sunset's and Viadone's fans are set to kill people. For sucking or blowing the ball and players, it's possible but not workable. Players and the ball react way too differently to make it work right - plus they plan to change the ball physics again. They also know about a Deathball physics volume - pain causing bug that makes instant death areas not work correctly. It's been there for a long time and they don't seem to care. Thus, some cool stuff that could be put into maps isn't possible. Possibly on purpose to keep gameplay more like cube - soccer.
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

awesome, can't wait to try it! don't get discouraged twig. your keeping deathball from getting boring for me anyway.
Mayer.hun

Post by Mayer.hun »

One of my eyes are laughtin, and the other is cryin...

I laught, because this map is good... good gameplay, good stuffs... but... I cry, coz I have seen this map already... I know u tweaked stuffs, the angels, and stuffs like that, but this map aint givin anything new O_o I mean, brand new... OffCenterLeft-->MountainKeep-->This... Not much chagne, althought I have to admit, there are changes, but this is beginning to be like an OffCenterClone... I sorry, but If u keep up doing maps with this type of shape... we will have more OffCenter Clones than CubeClones O_o

Anyways... map more, dont stop... just try to think about tomething newer idea... like the boostpads on the walls... that was a brand new and good idea...but I dont see any great changes here...
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

Hi Twig, it's going up on the BuD and the redirect as well if you haven't already put it up.
We'll be testing it tonight, even if that means displacing the blooppit squatters..
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

It's on redirect already. Hope you guys enjoy it.
Bazzi

Post by Bazzi »

Does it sound offending when I say the textures suck? :/
Mayer.hun

Post by Mayer.hun »

lol Bazzi :D

U got point
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

Bazzi wrote: Does it sound offending when I say the textures suck? :/

No, was it suppose to be? How the textures blend will depend greatly on video settings. More so than most maps. Even then, people opinions will differ.
BlackFlame

Post by BlackFlame »

well i think it looks good
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

Looks good to me. Played ok with 4x4 too. I was exploiting the hell out of that corner angle.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Rens2Sea wrote: /me has a dejavu

LOL
same here
twig twig, finally start evolving or so :)
Messy

Re: DB-Viadone

Post by Messy »

Twigstir wrote: Most who play it online, with enjoy it.

Unless you're not a member of the current vo-jugend, as always :mad: