Im a noob :(...

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

bluesatin

Im a noob :(...

Post by bluesatin »

Well i spent all tonight and last night trying to get DB working... after i finally fixed the cd-key error... (that took me 6 .ini file deletes and an uninstall to fix)

But after all that i download the newest version and I host a game and cannot move :eek: the only thing i can do is jump

Also i tried to join an online server and it says i have a different version... i use the same 1 as on the official website and it just dusnt work god damnit!!! (i tried about 4 different servers, non worked)

::Pfffff:: HELP ME GOD DAMNIT :( ive been wanting to play this for ages but i still cannot :(

Any help is really appreciated !!! :):):)
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

Did you install the version that came out today? It's on the news page: http://www.deathball.net/ Also servers that have updated to todays version are listed.

When you start deatball via "community">user mod> activate, it creates a deathball specific ini file. You might have to configure the controls since it is seperate from your UT2004 setup.
Last edited by Twigstir on 25-05-2004 01:27, edited 1 time in total.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

turn off the "ballcarrier cannot move" option
CurvE

Post by CurvE »

I doubt it will be that David, for he starts the game without the ball...
bluesatin

Post by bluesatin »

Okay thanks for all the help people, i wud give u a hug but there is no emotion icon for it :( paaa oh well :) thanks for the help
RaGe|DB

Post by RaGe|DB »

maybe mr M will give more help if it didnt work out o/
fb.shev
Banned

Post by fb.shev »

i had that problem too, cuz u mixed the db files up and opened it in ut2004, not the cmd, u need to reinstall, well i did
bluesatin

Post by bluesatin »

I have installed it about 50 times ffs I KNOW I HAVENT GOT IT WRONG... its the same everytime, all i can do is jump and do taunts, cant even look around FFS THIS MOD IS FUCKING ANNOYING AS HELL!!!

Well all i have to say is stop trying to make the mod better, GET IT WORKING FIRST!!!!
speedy

Post by speedy »

i know this is a stupid question but... did you bind the keys? :p
NightBoY

Post by NightBoY »

play the fucking 1.9b till a normal 2.0 comes out =)
bluesatin

Post by bluesatin »

Well i downloaded that NightBoY and its a dif version from servers yet again and I STILL CANT EVEN LOOK AROUND with it fucking installed!!! Please ffs JUST FIX THE FUCKING MOD!!! atleast make it so u can look around and not stand there ...

And yes speedy im not that fucking nooby (sorry for getting annoyed ive spent hours of my time trying to get this working to no avail)
The_One

Post by The_One »

Sorry but it's obviously not the mods fault. Don't you think that if it was, someone else would have the problem?

I realise this doesn't help you but nm.
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

bluesatin wrote: I KNOW I HAVENT GOT IT WRONG...

Dude, you do have something wrong. If you can load it, jump and taunt, but can't move or look, then you have some setting issues.

I assume ut2004 works fine and you have the patch. Compare your UT2004>system> user.ini file to the deathballuser.ini file int the deathball>system folder. Look for movement and look commands.

A=StrafeLeft
B=SwitchToLastWeapon
C=Duck
D=StrafeRight
E=Use
F=VoiceTalk
G=SwitchToBestWeapon
H=
I=ToggleTeamChat
j=Taunt pthrust
K=Taunt asssmack
L=Taunt throatcut
M=BasePath 0
N=BasePath 1
O=ToggleLocalChat
P=TogglePublicChat
Q=SwitchWeapon 10
R=TeamTalk
S=MoveBackward
T=Talk
U=Use
V=SpeechMenuToggle
W=MoveForward

From your posts, we can't help you unless you narrow things down and be more informative.
bluesatin

Post by bluesatin »

Look i have bound all my keys, havent deleted an .ini file in unreal for about a month, have deathball loading up okay, and i repeat BOUND MY BUTTONS...

And then as i have repeated what u have all said and nothing :(

All my server settings i have set have nothing to do with movement, and i have tried every default map to no avail
bluesatin

Post by bluesatin »

And fantastic i now get the RUNTIME error, all i have to say is officially this mod sucks at this moment in time... This mod just dusnt work, fucking hell what a waste of time :(