Post your DB ideas here! \o/

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

makush

Post by makush »

Catalyst88 wrote: now THERE's an idea :D

Well, argumentation is pretty obvious. Implementation is pretty hard, though.
Messy

Post by Messy »

makush wrote: I'd give freekick for everything that breaks game flow. E.g. opponent is playing time, reseting the ball, moaning, crying, spamming messages, exploiting some feature...

Timeplay is a tactical option you're only able to take if the opponents don't pressure you enough =\
makush

Post by makush »

Delete word "only". You are able to take it anyway or atleast make it virtually impossible to take the ball away with a reasonable effort.
f1end

Post by f1end »

Nobody understands me.....

*goes off in a huff
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

release future releases with UMOD and .EXE - it helps the noobs when they don't need to know what to do other then click on an icon.

SPAM your next release please. bluesnew - planetunreal etc etc. get the word out with 2.0 i wanna see some full servers! :D
Lightning83

Post by Lightning83 »

I think some hockey stuff would be cool. Like in the custom skins selections have like helmets with or without visors. Prolly sound dumb to alot of people, cuz hockey is not that popular anymore. Well around here anyway..lol. Also, i think there should more an option for rules like offsides and i kind of like the idea that you explode if you do go offsides. Like ya know the guy who is offsides explodes and also the ball carrier. Or maybe make it so the opposing sides goalie gets the ball if you do go offsides. I think offsides would add a little more discipline to the game and little more tactical play. Plus it can help the defense out a bit too. Just as Onge stated.:p
Scotteh

Post by Scotteh »

hi lb
BurntLeaf
Banned

Post by BurntLeaf »

Offside would suck dick
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

One of infidel's tip's in another thread gave me an idea for a free kick condition.

If team A fires the ball out of bounds when in their own half (or perhaps from penalty zone) and then that team is the first to pick up the ball when it spawns in the centre then Team B is given a free kick.

/me shrugs
f1end

Post by f1end »

/me doesn't see the point in trying to include free kicks when no1 can think of when to award 1...
Bounty

Post by Bounty »

sounds like an idea

sounds like a crappy idea :noob: sigh
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

i may be a heathen for thinking so, but the idea of set plays appeals to me, even if it is tricky to implement
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

once again i ask - gimme a maybe even :)

the ability to turn off the ball spawn bottom peice. and make the ball spawn with karma so it can fall from a hole in the ceiling rather then spawn and stay floating.

some weird map ideas i got need this :)

plus you could put the ball to spawn in a pipe with pushes so it launches it into the rink on resets and stuff. that'd be keen!
Streaker

few things

Post by Streaker »

1). the ability to record a match
-Once recorded, a means to FF, REW, pause, etc.
-Ability to send these files to others so they can watch them too.
2). Allow us to choose our skins/sounds

thx

Streaker
Streaker

hmm free kick reasons...

Post by Streaker »

reasons for a free kick?

-holding onto the ball for too long. (goalie or whoever else)
-"ball hogging" too much. set some timer and if someone meets or beats it, free kick for the other team.
-Too many players in your own penalty box for too long. Kinda like the 3 second rule for basketball but have this take into consideration the number of defenders within their own penalty box.

who gets to do the free kick?
players vote either before the game even began or a super fast vote system which randomly assigns someone if no one votes in time.

Streaker
Last edited by Streaker on 04-06-2004 00:55, edited 1 time in total.