Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Still

Post by Still »

The question is : why the hud color in PINK ? :hmmmz:
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

good question...

this was raised when priior showcased the huds....
Messy

Post by Messy »

Doesn't bother me O_o

Anyway, some things:

- Remove 'First Blood' message?

- Why 'Ball Reset! Shot out of the field' on Volley Only bad goal? Whistle was better tbh

- Bots are a bit slow with boosting /o\ they need a few seconds to align in front of you and walk with you..then you can boost, or they will (quite annoyingly) go on walking towards you and get back in position untill you wait

- Bots are a bit slow with messages: '/o\' 'Use Boost' etc. I know otherwise they would just spam on a lot of occasions when it's hardly even appropriate, but sometimes it seems like you've missed a shot 5 seconds ago: /o\, you got boosted 2 seconds ago: '[D@MN]Messy wait for boost!'
Very good job on bots overall though :)

- Bots are a bit too eager to pass, they often choose the one closest to goal AND open..but when there's no1 open, they pass anyway = bad, they also like to spam the ball up when the pass wasn't meant for them (non-locked ones though), causing smart backpasses to the keeper to be spammed to reset by the sweeper == turnover /o\ anyway..those are just small things that will forever stay with bots I guess

- Would be great to make them react to events more though :D both gameplay events and stuff you say ;)

"omghi2u" --> "omghi2u2", "\o/", "lo" etc. (not all bots though >_<)

"\o/" --> ":o", "\o/", ".o/" etc.

Maybe gg and n1, you get the idea :)
makush

Post by makush »

- Bot slowness: mostly problem in lower skill levels. Reaction time of a novice bot is really high :)

- will forever stay with bots I guess: Should this be consider as insult? :) They don't sound impossible to fix....

- events: Yes, bots with personalities (stolen from DB community) might appear. Stay tuned.
Catalyst88

Post by Catalyst88 »

makush wrote: - events: Yes, bots with personalities (stolen from DB community) might appear. Stay tuned.
Oh dear \o/
BL44T

Post by BL44T »

teehee that'd be lovely \o/\o/
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

actually.....my bot-personality plans are a half year old, i just showed it to the team now, so they wouldn't be scared away by too much stuff at once :)
f1end

Post by f1end »

/me waits for ball-hogging-ego-whore-wall-kid-bot
BurntLeaf
Banned

Post by BurntLeaf »

Messy wrote:
"\o/" --> ":o"

no? whats the point in :o ... annoys the fuck out of me and most people :)
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

Not sure if it's just me, but sometimes you have to SAY or TEAMSAY twice to get your message out.

DB keeps screwing with the voice channel settings. I have taken the extreme step of setting my deathballuser.ini to "read-only" so I'm not rebinding I,O,P every time.
METAFrank

Post by METAFrank »

seems like a real single player part in 2.1... (correct me if im wrong)
Scotteh

Post by Scotteh »

Not sure if it's just me, but sometimes you have to SAY or TEAMSAY twice to get your message out.

im getting this a lot actually, also is there a way to limit the amount that people can use the boost bind for teamsay...last night a lot of noobs were spamming it to the point where i had to switch team because i couldn't see what anyone else was saying.
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

agreed, teamsay spam limit should be like 5 or somthing.
Rino

Post by Rino »

well.... not sure there is nothing to moan...
The 2.0 is quite good , really playable....
but :

1) i don't really like skins or at least put the shirt of the team colors.

2) the ball still deflect too much, i tried shot close to a players, with no power, but the ball still deflect, i think u should be able to intercept in that case.
FeEdiKo

Post by FeEdiKo »

METAFrank wrote: seems like a real single player part in 2.1... (correct me if im wrong)

i want a deathball rpg \o