DB-1on1 Ownage

Look for maps, show your maps...

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Rino

DB-1on1 Ownage

Post by Rino »

Well, after some days of learning, and thanks to Froste who helped me when i needed, i¡¦ve done my first DB map¡K

It¡¦s NOT ONLY a map to be honest, but a NEW CONCEPT of GAME FOR DEATHBALL, only for 1on1 match....
I've never seen b4 a map for 1on1 and indeed 1on1 was terrible to play on existent maps.... so i 've done this one to make it funny and to be honest, i tried the map with Reqqy, Blubbeh, Dj, Strafe, and we got fun... specially playing with the SPECIAL GAMETYPE mode. (see down)

SPECIAL RULEZ in Server Settings:
-Ball Release from defence: Shorter time = More dynamic action (20 seconds recommended)
-Volley Only

SPECIAL FEATURES
-The map is small size and you are always Keeper in your midfield zone.
This means that, inside your midfield zone, you can jump higher and you can dodge.
You can also go into the enemy¡¦s midfield zone, at your own risk!

THE GOALS
-There is a normal goal + 3 holes each side, the holes require skill to be scored in

----SPECIAL GAMETYPE----
You can, for example, make it possible, according with the other player, to only score the 1st goal in the top left hole, 2nd goal in the center, 3rd goal in the top right hole, and then the normal goal, and restart it... to make the game harder ļ

Have Fun!!

DOWNLOAD:
http://froste.co.uk/files/DB-1on1beta.zip

http://froste.co.uk/files/screen1.jpg
http://froste.co.uk/files/screen2.jpg

You can play it on 23 server and i'll try to put it in others servers soon... so get it :)
Is beta but should also be the final couse no bugs.
Last edited by Rino on 09-06-2004 05:24, edited 1 time in total.
Scotteh

Post by Scotteh »

pics please
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

Screenshot please!
blubbomat

Post by blubbomat »

oh my darling rino, your map owns. i like it. "special mode" is much fun to play ^^
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

Not a fan of the pot poster.. Lets keep drugs out of this sport, eh?
Rino

Post by Rino »

TO be honest the poster is not really pro-drugs.... (even if i don't consider marjuana a drug)... if u can catch the sarcasm in it...
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

Yeh, I know.. I've seen it elsewhere on the net too. But like that old song by some one-hit wonder guy Afroman was it? He did some goofy tune "But then I got high". The content seems to send the same message as that poster, sure.. but it was embraced and loved by potheads all over. Go figure, huh?

Granted, the "gaming experience may change online" means anything can happen, but we should strive to make DeathBall as friendly and welcoming as possible.. That being said, I doubt the poster will really offend anyone.. I just have a personal beef with weed for ruining the lives of a few friends over the years.
fro

Post by fro »

1v1 or vo aint my things, but i like this, it shows some different thinking over the standard cubeish maps.

the visuals arent amazing, but the playstyle is different from the standard which is a good thing, nice one :)
StRaFe

Post by StRaFe »

Fun map to play on with a m8. Can have a real laugh... Oh god i dont get out much..:rolleyes:
-=LyNx=-
Banned

Post by -=LyNx=- »

i love how the goal meshes go into the wall ;p
Apokalypse

Post by Apokalypse »

funneh
played with rino, its funneh to see your owngoals \o\
klesk

Post by klesk »

froste wrote: 1v1 or vo aint my things, but i like this, it shows some different thinking over the standard cubeish maps.

the visuals arent amazing, but the playstyle is different from the standard which is a good thing, nice one :)
thats right what i wanted to say frowned
Rino

Post by Rino »

well i pray server admin to upload it on their server ;) tnx
Messy

Post by Messy »

I like it :o

And nothing wrong with marihuana imo :)

Then again, I'm dutch ¬_¬ so who cares about my opinion on that ;p
Rino

Post by Rino »

uh ... Messy can i challenge you on my map? :)