2.1b release

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

canash

Post by canash »

haha i cant use my clantag anymore... every time i use .:AoV:. it crashes, but when take it of, it is fine :| strange.... maybe it is a sign that i cant play for aov anymore :P
Last edited by canash on 30-08-2004 21:28, edited 1 time in total.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

wtf? plz explain every step you take
canash

Post by canash »

well i wanted to change my name to .:AoV:.Canash by the command setname .:AoV:.Canash and as pressed enter it crashed.
After that i started db again and tried to play a botmatch, but again a crash. Then changed my name back to Canash by settings and it worked. I tried to rename from the settings but then i got a crash again :o
CorDawg
Banned

Post by CorDawg »

so how long do we have to put up with these retarded settings until 2.1c is released?

and as for teamsay timer, some people have binded keys beside eachother and hit them both on accedent, teamsay ban?
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

BuD servers are updated to 2.1b!
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Info: when people with a period in the beginning of their name join a server, the server crashes. Its fixed for next version already
Holy_Surfing

Re: 2.1b release

Post by Holy_Surfing »

Originally posted by DavidM
-Keeper weapon glowing (to be removed in first person view soon)
(...)

-Neither tell me about the weapon glowing in first person, it will be gone soon

oh brother... what a joke.
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

D'oh! I just had it happen to my server.. An AOV guy came in and I was typing "OhNO" but it was too late...
BOOM!
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

new version is coming soon, like......in a few hours or tomorrow, dunno
it will be the same size as current
Morning*Star

Post by Morning*Star »

Imaginos wrote: D'oh! I just had it happen to my server.. An AOV guy came in and I was typing "OhNO" but it was too late...
BOOM!

all your server are belong to us
Holy_Surfing

Post by Holy_Surfing »

Suggestions:

- Bounce 2 Volley latency - If you added something (similar to the anti-noob-cannon latency) that doesn't allow people to recieve the ball on bounce and then immediatly volley it, which increases volley speed (therefore going around the supposed anti-wall spammer kids, the bounce 2 volley speed makes it as if they were using the wall back in 2.0 again) and allows much easier volley targeting, i belive people would enjoy the game more, since it removes another trick, leaving more skill to work on. I'm not talking about a long latency, just enough to deny the spam, and allow people to use bounce and then volley after a slightly larger ammount of time (like using the back wall, but outside the goal area, then bouning it down, waiting for it to come back up, and volleying to the middle, a cross that is.) where that time is somewhat identical to the time it takes you to volley after you drop the ball with not enough power

- Map fixing: Cube and Smallcube's micro-map. SC is simple, revert to the 2.0 one. As for cube, do the same as far as i concerned. Whatever you did, it now cuts the fps by alot, as down as to 50~60 with full house, and 35fps when someone scores! (i always play db on minimal, had constant 90~120. wank now, been over this tho)

- Keeper gun... please _not_ glowing... jesus what were you thinking?

- DON'T FIX WHAT ISN'T BROKEN YOU FUCKTARD !

=)
Holy_Surfing

Post by Holy_Surfing »

Tip: If you actually listen this time, to the majority of us (democracy if needed for fuck's sake), and _do_ it, you won't get bitched at as soon as it comes out =)

I don't like people flaming at me, but perhaps you do. One mistake after another sounds like asking for it to me xD
CurvE

Post by CurvE »

Volley straigh after bounce needs to be fucked off....

And...

The none skill involved Bounce volley that people just love to do.... 3 jumps hold RMB... TEH WIN! ... it sux tbh..... no skill what so ever.... and furthermore.... bounce + Volley also TEH WIN!

stop this no skill shite...
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

why is this release not on the main page?

plz don't change the volley right after bounce, it is fun to play around with and isn't really useful in games
{UFO}Viper

Post by {UFO}Viper »

Yeah wtf is wrong with the bounce volley stuff? It takes more skill to use then a regular volley and if they have the time to do it in the first place your defence sucks.

I agree with removing stuff that is virually impossible to defend against like the broomstick was, but this taking out of the cool tricks people discover that are possible to defend against is getting a bit rediculous.