Irc Network?

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

speedy

Post by speedy »

dbpickup won't move. but i'll add the server to the connect list if it actually gets going.
Imo

Post by Imo »

hmmm, dunno.
l0afz

Post by l0afz »

I'm fine with NA moving, but euro's are pretty much tied to quakenet.

But I vote no on a DB only irc, sorry.
Catalyst88

Post by Catalyst88 »

I think it's be wiser for the NA community to move to quakenet, then we'd at least all be in one place. If you switch to a seperate IRC server then you'd lsoe a few people. Or a lot of people, simpley because it's not one of the main networks people idle on.
Requiem``

Post by Requiem`` »

DB doesn't have enough players... now, if u all move to a specific irc network, it gonna be worst, all new players gonna be lost...

so, not a good idea imo
CorDawg
Banned

Post by CorDawg »

quakenet is the biggest pos ive ever seen m8s gg Q and L and stupid shit
devnull

As said in DB-Community Forums

Post by devnull »

well thr thought was there would be 4 servers, 2 in NA 2 in euro. we were looking into a qnet/gamesurge hybrid, and this would not just be ran by the community, there are a few other projects and hosts that are looking for another server and are interested in moving. Reguardless i will open the irc servers i was just wondering if it would be viable to try to unite the 3 communities. This meaning i would prob have to find and aussie irc server
Messy

Re: As said in DB-Community Forums

Post by Messy »

BL44T wrote: hmm, i don't really care, i'd go along with the community if we go on another server but i really do think it's more easy to stay on Qnet (for euro's) cause it's the most used gaming irc network around for europe and another server would be noobie-unfriendly imo.

^ what he said :o

PS: You can always connect to multiple servers :| shud be np ¬_¬

It would be extremely great for merging ozzy, NA and euro communities though :o tbh
Goldeneye

Post by Goldeneye »

speedy wrote: dbpickup won't move. but i'll add the server to the connect list if it actually gets going.

oh, dbpickup won't move? nice to see you already made that decision :p

well, in case the ozzy and NA move to that new network i WILL move the pickup bots over to the new network too, at least temporary (to see how many will follow) and maybe just advertise the free slots still on quakenet so those not moving permanently can see when a game is running and join the other network to fill in the one or other spot. (don't know if anyone would really use that 'feature' then tho)

anyways i'm the same opinion as messy that it shouldn't be too much trouble to connect to multiple networks.
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

but then wouldn't all the clan channels have to move to the new server too?

is everyone/anyone really gonna be bothered?
devnull

Post by devnull »

tbh all you would have to do is tell me th channels and what not and the ops and it would all be set uop by the time the move would happen
l0afz

Post by l0afz »

Well, Im pretty sure 90% of the euros would stay on quakenet anyway - Most of us have links to other clans / communities / whatever.
priior

Post by priior »

question...

if ever.. i donno.. lightning strikes your house.. and i donno.. fries ur motherboard. (hypothetical situation *cough* :) will the deathball community die for that day?

i kinda like being spread out ona few irc servers.. it's like a redundant backup feature.. if one server fails.. we could theoretically jump to the other one..

thoughts?
devnull

Post by devnull »

lol this isn`t hosted from home :p