A Music thread

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

elvisyo

Post by elvisyo »

Ah ha! I know 4 (!) of the names you've listed there Garg.

Aphex Twin (sorry, don't like).
Air (Like)
DJ Shadow (No opinion yet)
Massive attack (Love),
what brings to yet another band I LOVE (!!!) and forgot to list - Portishead.
garg

Post by garg »

I love the Bristol dance scene.

Portishead, Orbital and Massive Attack the main players.

Hell, my favourite song of all time is Teardrop by Massive Attack.

The video is available for any who wants it (pm me).

And I can't blame you for not liking Aphex Twin. That sort of Electronica/IDM is really for those that REALLY love it. Aphex Twin and Squarepusher are very similar in that respect.

Oh yeah... Amon Tobin is fucking amazing. He does the soundtrack for the new Splinter Cell game...
Springer

Post by Springer »

Oh no! I'm like you supamom, suddenly too old again!
But my mind is always open and my ears too so i will try and listen to some of that stuff, garg.
BTW, I think the island is THE place for older (sorry) bass players. Anyone remember Jet Harris, of The Shadows fame? I bump into him more days that not at my local, the King's House. Another guy that is SO nice, I didn't know who he was for AGES!
garg

Post by garg »

The Shadows own.
Jay2k1
Administrator

Post by Jay2k1 »

I'll list a few bands here too. From some of them, i'll love the whole shit, from others i like just a few songs.

Metallica, Godsmack, Deftones, Massive Attack, Beatsteaks, Hoobastank, Incubus, Die Ärzte, Phil Collins, Genesis, Nickelback, Sevendust, Ultraspank (just 1 song - Push), Paul McCartney, Mudvayne, The Police, Prodigy, Rammstein, Refused, Seether, STAIND, Subway To Sally, System Of A Down, 3 Doors Down...
edit: Sting, John Miles (Music), AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Limp Bizkit (Take a look around), Matrix Soundtrack
edit: Killswitch Engage, Maxeen
Last edited by Jay2k1 on 02-05-2005 09:02, edited 1 time in total.
aic2276

Post by aic2276 »

Can't believe I forgot System of a Down and GodSmack. Also Limp Bizkit.
garg

Post by garg »

Is there anybody here into IDM, Electronica or underground HipHop as well as me?

I'd hate to be alone.

So terribly alone.

:<.
lo_

Post by lo_ »

garg: great stuff there. I'm deep into Sage Francis & Non-Prophets...
Other than that I mostly listen to (and casually produce) most forms of electronic music... breakbeat, techno, drum'n'bass, electro and whatnot, though just like everyone else I used to be a metal kid at some point in my life. :devil:
Enia

Post by Enia »

I used to be a big rock metal fun of many well known groups but the last 5 years I am seriously obsessed with Manu Chao and his old group Mano Negra...I really hold my breath in the songs...after being in a concert of him I re-evaluated and re-ordered all the groups I used to like till then...he is uncomparable...I dont know if anyone could understand what I mean...ok I stop the talking about him now (although I could talk for months...)

p.s. my avatar is mano negra heritage;)
theCrusifix

Post by theCrusifix »

this is too hard of a question here, i have about 13GIG of space on my hard drive just filled with music, everything from the greatest band ever METALLICA, to david allan coe, to 3 six mafia, to thrice! i'm a huge fan of all music,,,however i hate alot of the music...if it sounds good and put togeather correctly, more than likely i will enjoy listening to the song.
fastpitchgirl501

Post by fastpitchgirl501 »

i like the undiscovered rock bands like ppl that just have demos out like Hawthorne heights!!!!!!!! they r so fuckin awesum i swear to god!!!!!!!!!!!!! im goin 2 c them this summer **so excited** i drop them once they get popular they get big headed!!!
Last edited by fastpitchgirl501 on 02-05-2005 03:57, edited 1 time in total.
\m/ TheMitch \m/

Post by \m/ TheMitch \m/ »

as you can probably tell from my name, im a big metalhead, but im into the newer metal along with metallica of course, anyway here goes; Avenged Sevenfold(greatest band ever, PM me for songs), Atreyu, Shadows Fall, Killswitch Engage, Bleeding Through, Static X, American Head Charge, Throwdown, As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, Black Label Society, Adema, Dimmu Borgir, Disturbed, Godsmack, Slipknot(2nd greatest band ever), Hatebreed, Himsa, Hopesfall, Korn, Lamb of God, Marylin Manson, and im probably forgetting a bunch

i even listen to some European bands, such as Rammstein, In Flames, Soilwork, Dark Tranquility, Nightwish, Eisbrecher, Megaherz, and Disarmonia Mundi
supamom

Post by supamom »

Jay, you reminded me of another band i love to listen to, Nickelback!
steviehouse

Post by steviehouse »

I'm a bit of a young 'un so I haven't listened to much of all the rock/metal etc from before me (1984) lol

When I was younger (12-16) I used to be a trance/dance freak but fortunately that time has gone

Some of the oldies from the 60's are ok but mostly i listen to:

Feeder
Ash
Muse
Lostprophets
Rage Against The Machine
The Killers
Queens Of The Stone Age
Hoobastank

and a few others but since I'm not at home i can't look through my music to remember what else

sorry to be a non-conformist ;)
Last edited by steviehouse on 02-05-2005 08:16, edited 1 time in total.
lo_

Post by lo_ »

Originally posted by steviehouse
sorry to be a non-conformist ;)

haven't you heard? non-conformism is the new conformism.:rolleyes: