aic2276

Post by aic2276 »

I'll be here a while too.
JM

Post by JM »

I promise David to donate once I am of age / economically private. :D
Kamerolifant

Post by Kamerolifant »

I bought your book (which is still outdated at the moment). I won't likely buy an account to play NotPron. I mean, an account won't solve the problem (of walkthroughs over the web). I think it's reasonable to get an account if you've bought / buy the book. Then you've already received money for your work...

Maybe you should make a ranking for the negatives and start a newer riddle. It could be the same type of riddle, but then you can make is much safer (with accounts and stuff). I think NotPron supposed to be free. That's why so much people have played it...
david_g

Post by david_g »

If the problem is just the work involved and the time commitment, maybe DavidM could pick a few of the most trusted among us and open up the notpron site to let that little group create entire levels and put them up.

I know there'd be lots of downsides to doing something like that, but it's an idea to think about.
aic2276

Post by aic2276 »

I'd be willing to help out.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

"an account won't solve the problem (of walkthroughs over the web)"

this is nowhere a problem.
Springer

Post by Springer »

Pardon, DavidM? I'm silly I know but I just didn't grasp what you are saying there?
nighthawk263

Post by nighthawk263 »

DavidM I just forwarded you a link from collegehumor.com, thought you might want to take a lok at it.
david_g

Post by david_g »

Originally posted by DavidM
"an account won't solve the problem (of walkthroughs over the web)"

this is nowhere a problem.
I think DavidM's saying that there's no problem with walkthroughs on the net ruining notpron. Or maybe just minus notpron.

If you've seen the walkthroughs for minus notpron, they suck.
Kazin

Post by Kazin »

Hi. I've been a long-time-notpronner, long-time-stalker on the forums, but never quite took the effort of registering. ;)

I think that you do deserve som kind of compensation, but I am against the thought of forced payment..

I wouldn't mind banners on every page, if it helped you keep notpron running..
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

david_g wrote: If the problem is just the work involved and the time commitment, maybe DavidM could pick a few of the most trusted among us and open up the notpron site to let that little group create entire levels and put them up.

I know there'd be lots of downsides to doing something like that, but it's an idea to think about.

im sorry, but experience shows that I am arrogant enough to not trust anyone there.... :)
whatever, generally in terms of game design i never give anything out of my hands that I started

but I guess there will be some useful stuff among the tons of riddle idea mails that are still waiting to be read :P
BiGGBLiZZ

Post by BiGGBLiZZ »

I know I started this talk about ads, But I think that DavidM and many others have missed the point I was making about that. Perhaps a little re-wording, then I will shut up. Basically it works like this:

David contacts various internet businesses that he thinks are interesting, or that he thinks we will find interesting. He tells them about his site and that he is offering ads on his site, that generates X number of hits per week, etc. For thier ad they will pay X dollars (pounds, euros, whatever) per month, or week. Plus they must cover all page making costs. say 5 Euros. Then, instead of pop ups, instead of ad banners, they get one whole page. Prime example: the page that appears after -40 right now. instead of the book, it would be an ad for soandso's company. on the top, or bottom it will have a link to by-pass the ad and continue with notpron. or they can click the add and generate money for david. I am sure you have all seen these type of ads. They work well.
BiGGBLiZZ

Post by BiGGBLiZZ »

On another note, if David is absolute about no ads at all, I have also contacted my Uncle who is a marketing director. He will get back to me about "free" and "legal" ways to generate income for the site without ads.

while I wait, have you thought of doing an auction for some of the materials used to make the levels? e.g. notes, your "cubes" various pictures etc? I am sure those of us in here would bid on them, own a little piece of notpron history, :lol:

EDIT: sorry I can't seem to shut up can I???? ..............
lannister

Post by lannister »

Those who donated should have donation counted to account...

I say open it more... let more contribute and stuff...

Should be a master ranking at end - look like

Rank for 1st(81) | Rank 2nd (82) | Rank Minus(-whatever) | etc

:)
jooly

Post by jooly »

I would maybe be prepared to pay 50p a level. But only because I'm addicted (I'll get playing again when I get the internet at home - losing too much productivity at work over notpron!