Dbmixer has moved!

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

XiD

Dbmixer has moved!

Post by XiD »

For all of you NA players, #dbmixer has moved from GameSurge. We are now located on QuakeNet (irc.quakenet.org) on the same channel #dbmixer. Join up and have fun :)

Also, for any of you that use the pickup starter, you might need to change your aliases to message NA_Pickup instead of DB_Pickup.
Messy

Post by Messy »

o_O

NA use Quakenet now?

..why? :o
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

gamesurge has been splitting 40+ times a day for the past 2 weeks

got tired of it
Weisso

Post by Weisso »

gamesurge has been under a DDoS attack for about a week, and people don't like waiting ;p
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

it split all the time before that too \o/
Dream Killer

Post by Dream Killer »

Oh man, changing it up on us. If I wasn't insanely intelligent I might have wondered around Gamesurge for the rest of my life searching, waiting, wondering where all the NA DB'ers went. You guys should send out like emails to everyone or post some notice in a forum or something for everyone to see. . .oh

. . .good work
NoSexualFreak
Banned

Post by NoSexualFreak »

:O whiched 1 less network.
Wibble

Post by Wibble »

The next obvious question is whether or not it would make sense to merge dbpickup and dbmixer now they're both on Quakenet....thoughts?
Goldeneye

Post by Goldeneye »

you can't really merge the two channels, because there would always be confusion about whether an NA or Euro server is used, which might matter for the one or other player (and this will also happen if you include that in the sign-up list).

also, you would force na or euro players to either wait for the other's pickup to launch or to play on their, maybe for you laggy server.

Also merging doesn't really make sense or at least i can't see any advantage - you can easily join both channels and choose which pickup to join or ask in the other channel for a replacement...
XiD

Post by XiD »

i can imagine the drama of the dbmixer/dbpickup merge right now...its...terrible...
Catalyst

Post by Catalyst »

Maybe it the community really dies down then it'd be time to merge the two, but I see no reason to try right now or in the near future, but it's good for the community to have them on the same network IMO \o/ .