Liverpool will defend their title

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Fragger

Liverpool will defend their title

Post by Fragger »

Sigh.. guess liverpool will be in the Champions league. They will start from the first qualifying round for next season.
The_One

Post by The_One »

Why so glum? It was inevitable really.
GazMaN

Post by GazMaN »

yea, worst kept secret in football, Uefa/Fa are fools
NoSexualFreak
Banned

Post by NoSexualFreak »

cough.

*starts singing youll never walk alone*

oh the irony when all the hooligans started the "fuck all, fuck all, you'll never win fuck all".. oh the fun when we could chant "fuck all, fuck all, youve never won fuck all" and now we can still chant "It all, It all, We always won it all"

*dance dance drink SCREAM yay* l8z \o/
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

Well, I'm happy to see Liverpool in it.

Still think that removing Everton would be the best solution, I don't really like the precedent UEFA has opened here, they are making it look like rules mean nothing, what will happen in the next years everytime some national association is not happy about something? Well, bad choice from UEFA, deciding to prejudicate some minor teams from the 1st/2dn/3rd Qualifying Round, instead of just choosing between the teams of the same country, it even sounds more weird considering next time this happens they will force the 4th placed team to go to UEFA Cup, y not now, UEFA?

Well, its UEFA, I guess its not meant to make sense.

:)

And ...what if Liverpool loses in the Qualifying Rounds? :o That would be so ironic.
The_One

Post by The_One »

It wouldn't surprise me if they did lose. Facing some obscure eastern european side, fielding a weakened team. Anything could happen.
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

Cenotaph wrote: Well, I'm happy to see Liverpool in it.

Still think that removing Everton would be the best solution,

no, very wrong
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

Well, that depends on your point of view. While you might think it would be unfair for Everton to be taken out of the UCL, you have to agree that is also very unfair for teams from (just examples) Faroe Islands or Armenia, even Wales, to face Liverpool in the qualifying stages of the UCL, making for them almost impossible to go through. One of the points of having all these qualifying rounds is to make things fairer to smaller teams, to avoid that amateur-like teams have to face teams that really aren't in a level they can reach.
I think the best thing to do would be to prejudicate another English club, leaving everyone happy, as far as countries are concerned. Thats what the regulations said, and thats what the regulations say even now, since from now on, UEFA will force the national association to indicate the UCL holder instead of the 4th placed team in the domestic league. But, in this case, they made an exception to please the FA (I think we can put it that way).
I can't really agree with that, since it makes it look like rules have no value at all, since they can be changed/ignored everytime they do not serve someone's interests.
Anyway, we all know associations like UEFA/FIFA are a joke so...
Last edited by Cenotaph on 11-06-2005 22:17, edited 1 time in total.
NoSexualFreak
Banned

Post by NoSexualFreak »

`Ghost` wrote: no, very wrong

agree. but id like it \o/
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

I sense fear of Everton Shev b:
[1234]Jr

Post by [1234]Jr »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 123022.stm

I thought that was highly ammusing, considering what i posted before about TNS being banned by the Welsh FA from playing Liverpool for their spot in the competition.

I want Liverpool to get to the Quarters at least next season, probably get knocked out by Juve or Inter... but do proud, considering they screwed themselves with the help of the english FA this past season.
NoSexualFreak
Banned

Post by NoSexualFreak »

probably get knocked out by Juve or Inter...

yeah....probably juve (didnt work last time) even maybe milan? (didnt work last time -_-)

probably maybe even olympiakos or maybe chelsea might knock us next season :shruggs:
GoldenGun

Post by GoldenGun »

will work this time.
juve won't play that crap twice vs. one team
Titanium

Post by Titanium »

goldegun you don't even know how to spell "football", st*u
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

TNS ! GO TNS! gg Wales \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

edit: im welsh