Health and respawning

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

NitrousOxide

Health and respawning

Post by NitrousOxide »

At the moment, when a player's health reaches 0 or below, the player is fragged and is able to respawn near their own penalty zone.

What if players never die and your running speed/primary fire power/volley power/boost power/sprint stamina/direct pass range is proportional to the amount of health that player has?
For example, with 50 health, all your abilities are reduced to 75% are their full potential. With 1 health, all abilities are reduced to 50%.

When a player has less than 1 health, they are restricted to automatic 'soft volleys' (i.e. they drop ball if carrying it and then cannot pick ball up or volley) and no more damage can be afflicted on them, until their health recharges back to 1.

This idea is all based around a health recharge rate 2 or 3 points per second.
Maegrim

Post by Maegrim »

so you get hit before you shoot, and your shooting power decreases with 40%? sure.
pass range would be useful too. passes that never reach their target, perfect.
Last edited by Maegrim on 20-03-2003 20:12, edited 1 time in total.
jet2lag

Post by jet2lag »

NitrousOxide .. wasn't it you who wanted to remove quadjump?

wtf are you doing?

please stop trying to "improve" the game - just play it
NitrousOxide

Post by NitrousOxide »

If it wasnt for ideas for improvement, us humans would still be living in caves, hunting with basic spears and certainly not using broadband internet!

I am simply putting my 'brainstorm' ideas in writing on this forum, with the possibility that I may come up with an idea with is of use for future improvement of Deathball.

It would be a pleasant change to see many of the Deathball forum members writing constructive posts, instead of showing typical pre-adulescent behavior.
Goldeneye

Post by Goldeneye »

go, write a mutator that implements your ideas in deathball. if anyone exept you likes it, then you might have at least a small chance to get your idea in the main mod :p
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

yeah, good idea by goldy there
jet2lag

Post by jet2lag »

uhm
i'm sorry - i meant it another way

i'm afraid i suck in explaining things in english :D
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

Nitrous you prolly play DB at 75% speed too cause it's too hard to intercept or sumthin...

Also, in american football when you get hit it doesn't slow you down, your either down or still running strong. The same applies for DB. Put in perspective for a second here, a robot in DB gets killed in 2 hits, so does a human. Unless you want to code a whole series of deathball player types (which would be fucking cool btw) then i wont slow down when i get hit.

To go a bit off topic in my thought process here, wouldnt it be cool is skills were based on model types? Running speed, hitboxes, shot power, etc could all be guaged in relation to your model type. For example, a bot would have a slower run but more powerful shield cannon and ball gun and be killed in 3 hits while a human player would run faster, have a weaker gun and cannon but be killed in only 1 shot from a bot. *ponders*
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

"Not quite. The point of Debate is not to convince the guy you're debating, because that person is most likely unconvincible. The point of debate is to sway the reasonable people in the middle who have not yet decided their stance. So your goal -is- to prove the other guy wrong, so that the reasonable people will hold with you, rather than your opponent. You can't prove him wrong to himself, but you can prove he's wrong to everyone else." i truely hope surge was kiding
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

uhm no
tbh, 100% of surge's posts are crap and can be ignored...
I stopped reading them a while ago :|
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

figures, ignoring what the NA community wants and just listening to the euros...

Night wants what you want so you listen to him, anyone else who may want something changed you ignore completely.

edit: also, i was just thinking outloud and it is a horrible idea... that Nitrous guy ripped it off too even tho its crap.. i cant wait for his mutator of all his bogus ripped off ideas.
Last edited by Surge on 21-03-2003 23:10, edited 1 time in total.
mannyfresh027

Post by mannyfresh027 »

booooooooooo euros

youre next after iraq
Se7eN
Registered

Post by Se7eN »

lol
[RoV]WolfMan

Post by [RoV]WolfMan »

hmm not funny mannyfresh.... :flipa:
Kyllian

Post by Kyllian »

Surge wrote: figures, ignoring what the NA community wants and just listening to the euros...
Uh... I'm NA and I'm not fond of either idea, yours or Nitrouses
All I want is more NA players, like there was a few versions ago.
I could hop online and find at least 3 NA based DB servers that were populated, now, its nearly impossible