Think Laterally

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

Scutilla

Post by Scutilla »

The man at the funeral is the one in the casket. Her sister killed him, so the woman killed her out of revenge.
Blueyoshi321

Post by Blueyoshi321 »

The riddle says the feeling is mutual. I don't think the guy's dead.

I think it's unrelated. She just happened to meet him a week before she killed her sister.
dustyb58

Post by dustyb58 »

0_0 4 pages? im pretty sure the first reply was right. haha
poirot

Post by poirot »

maybe the lady is an expert serial killer.

when she loves someone, she will kill one of her closest family.

and then she loves this funeral guy, so she has to execute her sister.
End of story
skorlen

Re: Think Laterally

Post by skorlen »

Mack wrote: I was asked this once, its to see how you think.

A woman meets a man at a funeral on a rainy day.

She instantly falls in love with him at first site, the feeling is mutual.

Anyhow the man has to leave suddenly, without leaving her any details, not even his name.

A week after the woman murders her sister.

WHY DID SHE DO IT?

Nice to see how you all think. :D I'll pm you if you get the right answer

The man is her (former) brother-in-law. The funeral is a week after she murdered her sister, because she wanted her sister's husband (or supply a potential motive here).

"A woman meets a man at a funeral on a rainy day.

She instantly falls in love with him at first site, the feeling is mutual."

These two events didn't necessarily happen at the same time. She could have met the man when he was dating her sister. She fell in love with him, and he loved her too, but he married her sister anyways. So she murders the sister cause she wants the guy, a week later, they meet at the funeral.
jooly

Post by jooly »

A question for you:

What is the point of having a cake and not eating it? ::Pfffff::
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

Give it to someone else to see that person smiling?
Rincewind SW

The funeral one :P

Post by Rincewind SW »

I only figured it out by reading all 4 pages. :( However, most people were NEARLY right and I reckon I have the answer.

It is to do with the missing comma. OK all this is indeed happening a week after she killed her sister. She goes to the funeral anyway meets the man etc. etc. Maybe he figures out that she killed her and then left without leaving his details so he wouldn't go out with a homocidal maniac.

There.
markonscar

Take it

Post by markonscar »

She murdered her sister in the anticipation that the man would turn for her Funeral as he did for her mothers funeral.

Howzz that...
Nicky

Re: Take it

Post by Nicky »

Originally posted by markonscar

Howzz that...

That is the same answer that has been posted a few times before!!!!!!!

I wish people would read threads before posting :lol:
Teh_Croc

Post by Teh_Croc »

the man she fell in love with was the dead man. she killed her sister to go back the graveyard to see him again. when he had to leave, its cuz he was being lowered into the ground :D
Amakalf

Post by Amakalf »

ahhhhhhh. Thanks Grouchom. I think that the woman killed her sister, and then she got to see the man at the funeral. There was no comma, so it could mean everything happened a week after she killed her sister. Please............
spam3234

Post by spam3234 »

Lolly_Lara wrote: ive got another easy one,
Anthony and Cleopatra are lying dead on the floor of a villa in Egypt. Nearby is a broken bowl. There is no mark on either of their bodies and they were not poisoned. How did they die?

Fish can't breath out of water
sleepingbudha

Post by sleepingbudha »

All i can think about is that the woman feels that if she kills her sister that there will be another funeral where she can meet this guy again.
Given that the funeral they met in the 1st place was to bury another person that they both knew.
As to why she did not just ask her sister which would be at the funeral as well, and could of prolly indentify they man, is a mystery to me.
Another thing that bugs me is that, why kill her sister in the first place.. i mean isnt your sister someone you would hold more dear than some stranger you fell in love with and did not see again?
And all this talk about the man working as a funeral director or a priest makes no sense since she would just be able to check the persons name and number via the propper channels and 2ndly i would think that falling in love with a priest would be silly since she could never have a relationship with a priest so that not worth killing you sister over..
What is a reason to kill your sister..
Jealousy?
Envy?
Hatred?
Defence?
Fun?( in case she was a nut job)

So that leaves me to the beginning again..
Why would she kill her sister to meet him at the funeral, given the sister knew the man in question, and not just ask her sister..
Maybe the sister refused to tell her because she herself was in love with the man and did not grand her sister the information as to the ID of the man and hence she killed her sister in Jealousy AND as a means to meet the person.

OK thats my answer ..

Maybe the sister refused to tell her because she herself was in love with the man and did not grand her sister the information as to the ID of the man and hence she killed her sister in Jealousy AND as a means to meet the person.

Or, as stated before, makes perfect sence, it is all backwards scrambled and useless info..

so

A week after she killed her sister she meets this guy at the funeral of her own sister or a random funeral.
She falls in love bla bla the feeling is mutual bla bla .. is all nonsense to get us thinking and blabbering on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on..
The guy had to leave suddenly?? so friggin what the question is not how she went on searching for this guy .. all just means to leave us going on and on and on and on and well u get the picture
the question is why did she do it??
Do what exactly
kill her sister?
fall in love with the man??
go to the funeral??

ooh sheesh im lost again

its getting too late

sorry for all this spam

Well another reason might be that the man attending the funeral was an insane alylum guard wearing his uniform and had a close relation to the person that was buried, hence she would of killed her sister as a means to end up in an insane asylum and in the arms of her love having an 'ooh so romantic candlelight dinner with brains on the menu and some warm blood since the wine ran out drugging the person they got the brains of'

Well I think I could go on for ages but i wont or actually allready did and will end this by..

PLEASE JUST P/M ME THE DAMN ANSWER BEFORE I GO INSANE AND KILL MY IMAGINARY SISTER WHICH TURNS OUT TO BE MYSELF SO THAT I WOULD BE ATTENDING MY OWN FUNERAL HAVING A 1ST ROW TICKET AND 1ST PERSON VIEW FROM THE CASKET'

WOW will this ever end??

I am not entirely sure

I guess if you are still reading this you must be looking for the answer yourself too and are feeling good about yourself that you are not the only one going absolutely insane about this..

well

I got to go..

Going to bed..

If i can even sleep..

This riddle and this deadball.net is F*C|<!NG me up!!!!!

take care all

and keep it coming
Last edited by sleepingbudha on 11-01-2006 07:44, edited 1 time in total.
jooly

Post by jooly »

Yes, love. Get some sleep ;)