n00bs spoiling the game?? ... or big named claned members?

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Alars

Post by Alars »

well its not really a hijacking......its still on topic

give me feedback on the 'beginner mode' idea please people..
nameless

Post by nameless »

the problem is ... i didn t really understand what u want :???:

To me it sounds like "autoflame noobs" o_O
Alars

Post by Alars »

see edit of original post........ i feel that i makes it easier to learn the game by having less pressure on them to do well in a populated server.....if every one knows that they are learning it will most likely reduce the flaming, especially with 5 people or less in the server ..........and to clarify the 'n00bified' thing, when a beginner mode player scores and is on blue team then red team gets 'n00bified!' and this message is flashed for about 3 seconds after the goal.... so no its really not flaming at all....... and also gives experienced players a reason not to flame them as they know they are learning DB...... i also would recommend a text file be made by someone that is experienced and that should be sent with the .zip of deathball and as a readme that pops up automatically after the installation of the .exe

feedback wanted.....

Alars
Last edited by Alars on 22-05-2003 02:39, edited 1 time in total.
nameless

Post by nameless »

readme that pops up automatically after the installation of the .exe
RTFM!!!11 ... noone would read it i guess ;(

I think it s way easier to make a "ban-list" for words that shouldn t be used in the game. Someone mentioned it before, dunno who. If u type in "n00b" ---> UT will show "I am stupid" to all the others or sth. Shouldn t be very hard to do and can be updated very easy ...

In the cy-forum the "trainingcamp" came up... think some ppl know sth like that from other games: ppl who play a lot show new players how to do it. But we didn t get any further with that yet ...
BL44T

Post by BL44T »

SuBBy wrote: And that was a very big one.

lol