Rubik's Cube

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

Wayfarer

Post by Wayfarer »

The quickest way to beat -17 is to work in diagonals :)
aic2276

Post by aic2276 »

Never solved Rubik's cube. Haven't tried it since I was about 10. But I can solve Rubiks Magic in about 30 - 45 seconds on both sides. BTW - I really liked -17.
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

I liked -17, but I never solved that cube. Could be because I never owned one, and never got one for more than a few minutes.
Nicky

Post by Nicky »

:lol: My parents gave me a rubiks cube to play with when I was 5 so I would be quiet for a bit but I solved it in about half an hour :D I can't remember what strategy I used but I haven't even touched one for a while :)
Orio

Post by Orio »

I never solved it either...
Everytime I had it (When I was young) I broke it or something :rolleyes:
I dont know how I solved -17, but I did (twice).

Btw- Once I saw on Ripley's someone solve it in 9 seconds...
After that he solved it behind his back! (Took him three mins and half).

Orio.
Rincewind SW

Post by Rincewind SW »

meep98324 wrote: I did that once...then the stickers decided that they didn't want to stick back on. I ended up buying 1000 circular stickers and putting it on my cube, it actually turns better than before. :p

Rofl, I tried that a while ago and ended up with some white torn paper marks fitting into hastily stuck-back-on shreds of coloured sticker. I hate them, I can't do them. My mum used to know how to solve them but forgot.
supamom

Post by supamom »

OMG!!! Rubik's Cube.....................what a blast from the past!!! I managed to solve one of those once, but i think it was more luck than judgement :D
rhbgames

Post by rhbgames »

Good question. I remember being addicted to Cube when it first came out. It took me about a week to solve, but I could never do it very quickly. Then the 4x4x4 came out and the addiction began anew. When the 5x5x5 cube came out, my friend Jim solved it within an hour. It was incredibly impressive (but then again Jim is way smart). The notpron connection - it was Jim who told me about notpron, destroying all work productivity for the past four weeks and many more to come.

Current level = SE
R
xoALLYox

Post by xoALLYox »

i can finish the rubix cube in under 2 minutes...I'd do it all the time, then all the stickers fell off, and i haven't gotten a new one...:rolleyes: Why, is -17 similar??? Because then I'm in luck..:p
Last edited by xoALLYox on 17-11-2005 02:24, edited 1 time in total.
meep98324

Post by meep98324 »

It's similar to a degree. I used one of the techniques for the cube on the level, which helped alot.
Novah

Post by Novah »

would anyone be willing to try to help me learn the cube?

i can do half of the steps but when i look online at other guides it dosetn seem to stick in my mind. i get tot he step where i have a side completed, and two rows completed. a step or so before permuting the sides and edges

im a very smart kid, in college, a computer science major i learn fast i just have only been looking off of one website and it wasnt for that long. i just started learning.

it'll be fun i promise^^

im me on aim: SephirothisNova
Shenmue
Certified Finisher

Post by Shenmue »

Rubic's cube is exactly one of those things which I despise and hate. I think we can blame Rubic's cube for many of the evils we see in the world today. The frustration and anger that it brings forth must have lead to murder more than a few times. Or maybe not. :)
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

Being smart obviously doesn't involve proper spelling and so on ...
Last time I tried to solve that cube, I destroyed it.
Shenmue
Certified Finisher

Post by Shenmue »

Being smart has nothing to do with spelling, and it has absolutely nothing to do with turning a stupid cube so that every side of it has the same color. Just think about it, why would that make you smart, it doesn't lead to anything?
If you enjoy solving Rubic's cube, however, then solving it would be a smart thing to do, cause then it would lead you to be more "happy", if one doesn't enjoy it, though, solving it would be a stupid thing. It's as easy as that. Smartness is totally individual to each person, and it doesn't exist one thing that makes everyone smart. If I solved the Rubic's cube, I would be the most stupid person in the world, cause then I would have spent hours on something that only made me angry. And that's stupid. :)
Novah

Post by Novah »

So i suppose a few hits on the shift key and backspaces is what kisa enjoys hehe^^ just kidding =) But really does anyone know how to solve this >_>