Which kind of Volumes?

Look for maps, show your maps...

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

MelvinB

Which kind of Volumes?

Post by MelvinB »

Yo,

Just created an ''open place in a forest''-map, but i don't know which of Volume i can use for the best results.

I mean, if you shoot the ball into the shrubs, the ballresetter activates. But what is the best distance to put a PhysicsVolume with bDestructive enabled?

Before the shrubs or somewhere between the shrubs?

Here some pics:

Last edited by MelvinB on 30-05-2003 09:41, edited 1 time in total.
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

The ball will reset as soon as it touches the volume. Putting the volume slightly in will allow the ball to travel into the the shurds before resetting. Put it infront and as soon as the outside of the ball touches the volume/shurbs, the ball will reset.
MelvinB

Post by MelvinB »

Twigstir wrote: The ball will reset as soon as it touches the volume. Putting the volume slightly in will allow the ball to travel into the the shurds before resetting. Put it infront and as soon as the outside of the ball touches the volume/shurbs, the ball will reset.

That's the way it is right now.

It looks a bit dumb; ball will go into the shrubs and didn't reached the Volume. Ball will lay down there. A player will go get the ball, but he stucks into the three's and stuff. Before the Volume, there's a PhysicsVolume with bPaincausing=True, to avoid ''campers'' which are hidden in the three's.

Maybe i should add a BlockingVolume before the shrubs, but i think it really look dumb. Other thing is that when the ball didn't reached the Volume and lay down there, nobody can pick up the ball. So players have to wait until the ball automatic will reset.
Last edited by MelvinB on 29-05-2003 19:37, edited 1 time in total.
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

I'm a noob to all this, but why not place a blocking volume in front of the bushes to prevent players leaving the field, then place the reset volume between the shrubs?
MelvinB

Post by MelvinB »

Armagon wrote: I'm a noob to all this, but why not place a blocking volume in front of the bushes to prevent players leaving the field, then place the reset volume between the shrubs?
Maybe i should add a BlockingVolume before the shrubs, but i think it really looks dumb. Other thing is that when the ball didn't reached the Volume and lay down there, nobody can pick up the ball. So players have to wait until the ball automatic will reset.
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

Just move your volume/volumes out until it's right. I guessing but, it think it should not be more than 16 units deep into the shurbs. Somewhere between 16 units deep and just on the outside edge is where I think you'll have luck. Vertex edit/play map until your happy with the volume/volumes.

P.S. Your map looks nice but, I'm concerned all the trees might kill FPS.
Last edited by Twigstir on 30-05-2003 00:20, edited 1 time in total.
uberslacker

Post by uberslacker »

yeah your map looks pretty sweet, but it looks like i'll get worse fps than on november
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

yeah looks nice but those trees will melt my poor poor mx
MelvinB

Post by MelvinB »

The map is not so big as it looks. It has the size of DB-SmallCube and i don't have any problems with the fps.

I will add the beta ASAP, so you can give it a try.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

gimme d/l link \o/

we need more small maps in db, i hope this one is good
MelvinB

Post by MelvinB »

DavidM wrote: gimme d/l link \o/

we need more small maps in db, i hope this one is good

Finishing the beta right now. You can download it somewhere tommorow.
MelvinB

Post by MelvinB »

Hmz, i can't use a BlockingVolume unexpectedly.

The ''pool'' in front of the goals is not wavy anymore. It look like a piece of fucking ice.

If you shoot the ball to the BlockingVolume, the ball ''sticks" to the BlockingVolume.

I think it's because the three's, which are standing on the same line as the BlockingVolume. The Volume passes through the three's then.

If i add PhysicsVolumes, then it works ofcourse, but the match would be more difficult to play.

If you shoot over the white lines at the back/front/sides of the field, then the ball will be reset. Also, if you run over the white lines, then you will die, to avoid campers who like to run into the bushes.
MelvinB

Post by MelvinB »

Fuck the BlockingVolumes. In a real football-match surrounded with three's, the ball can always stuck behind the bushes.

Players have to wait when they are shooting the ball into the bushes and the ball get stuck.

It's not happen all the time, more when you shoot accurate between the three's or whatever.

-edit-

Need to be done now:

- Change some textures
- Adding a radar (radar sux IMO)
- maybe some other nature-sounds
- Sreenshots slide-show must be done
Maegrim

Post by Maegrim »

:)
Robotojon

Post by Robotojon »

lol \o/