Powerup sound

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Is it good that you HEAR the EMEMY player's POWER UP their shots?

Yes, I'm European.
61%
No, I'm European.
8%
Yes, I'm not European (Aus. NA..).
11%
No, I'm not European (Aus. NA..).
20%

Total votes: 87

Cyph

Post by Cyph »

Yeah. Good point there. If the keeper binds "he's charging", hears the sound, and after his reaction time of 0.2 seconds presses the key, ping of 100 makes it 0.3 seconds, taking the defender 0.2 seconds to notice a message come up, 0.2 to process it and press the key, assuming the keeper noticed the sound IMMEDIATELY when charging up, the attacker can still get off a shot of 1 second charge length, brilliant, perfect, wonderful, oh wait, that makes the bind completely useless. Funny that.

(sorry :))
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

yeah we talked about that... and even using ts it would be almost impossible to use, plus if i a team could pull it off hell they derserve the block it took a lot of team work.

as for the ppl that like the sound my guess is one they have become depend on it or just don't realize how much it has changed game play. i promise you take out the charge sound a the gameplay will go back at least to some extent to what it used to be....aka fun, if someone wants to make a friendly wager on this i would be happy to take their money ;)
Scotteh

Post by Scotteh »

Something else I would like to add, for the people that think that a O would always score on a D in a 1on1 situation without the sound charge, is wrong. because the o player always used to wait before he got hit and THEN he would shoot. if you see a o guy do this, all you would have to do is wait for another d guy to come over and help you. when the o guy realizes this, he won't have enough time to make a fully charged shot, thus making an easy save for the keep.
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

Bodom wrote: Boosting is a part of the game now, deal with it. You can lower it some but taking boost out completely changes the core of the game which shouldn't happen this late in its lifespan.

And for the naysayers, you have to play without the boost sound to understand why it's so important how much its affecting your defensive style subconsciously.

What lifespan? Boosting started in 1.4b last time i checked... Bodom although you are a good player, you were never around for the "good 'ol days".

I do agree with you on the fact that the sound needs to be reduced back to 1.4b levels though so only a person standing beside you can hear it.

I do know Super has always used it though, even before it was turned up and he was by far one of the best defenders. As for Tesal and Sync (the other 2 notable defenders) i dont know, but i'm pretty sure they did too. Having a loud gharge sound is just CRYING for the defender to hit you. Its not fair.
hiausd

Post by hiausd »

I practically invented it heh :p It's just my point that all the good defenders have been using it when it was low sound in 1.3-1.4, otherwise there is no way to block a shooter besides killing him in the pbox.
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

at beefsack:

hmm dont think that would be reliable ... :o
-=He´s Charging=-
keeper has to hear, then he must touch a key, then the def sees it on screen, and then def goes after the player and hit him.
ALL this while he charges up which takes like 1hour? nah

:)
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

If the sound is removed completely, it would be too hard for keepers to stop shots, being they dont know when they are coming.

Just like a pass-shot, just 10x faster.

If you could make it a small radius for defenders, but keepers can hear it, that would work great.
uberslacker

Post by uberslacker »

something like this would be great, as long as it is quiet enough that only people almost next to you can hear it
Samur

Post by Samur »

the def MUST hear it also, but not 100s of meters away
Diab

Post by Diab »

bind would be slower and by the time someone noticed you saying it, he would have shot.
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

i dont see what difference it makes if someone on the other side of the pitch can hear the shot charge sound.

imo, at least it gives them information as to what's going there. There's not much they can do about it but laugh if it gets overcharged.

And since most people want to hear the charging if close by, well, thats not really gonna change the gameplay at all.

Only a complete removal of the sound or perhaps a goalie only option would significantly change gameplay.

Question is, do we really want that?
Axl

Post by Axl »

i agree rel.. no reason why it cant be heard all around the pitch, other than the fact it can be a little annoying.. i personnally think at the moment the way it is in 1.6 is just fine..
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

actually the point of limiting the raduis would be that ppl couldn't hear it that were close to the player... say the pbox camping defender that is deeper in the box and now know that he should try and become a second keeper. that being said i think the best idea is just to take it out all together cuz that would have the best effect and like scott said a smart d can still win the majority of 1 on 1's if they think about it the shake is enough
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

as an attack i dont care if you Pbox camp. I do care when you exploit the sound and hit me RIGHT before i shoot.. you may as well kill me, its not like the balls even going to go remotly near the target and even if it does it'll probably be a turn over... the only difference is were 1 less man on D if you dont kill me.
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

But if you cant hear him charging, how are you supposed to get a shake?

The only way is knowing where most players shoot, and thats at the edge of the box. But a smart striker will just wait for the first hit, then charge and shoot, cuz the delay on the hit is slower then it takes for the shoot to get off.