Geekinthepink021

Post by Geekinthepink021 »

Was the hair on her head? o.O
jooly

Post by jooly »

It was all her hair, apparently :D
Lukeonia1

Post by Lukeonia1 »

jsyer wrote: She fell in love a guy (or girl perhaps) in a burning building, and rushed in to save him (or her). As a result all her hair was singed off.
Good, but no.
jsyer wrote: Did she fall in love with a man?
Yes.
jsyer wrote: Was the hair loss punishment inflicted by the person she fell in love with?
No.
jsyer wrote: Was the hair loss punishment inflicted because she fell in love with someone?
Yes and no. It wasn't that she fell in love in general so much as who she fell in love with.
jooly wrote: For a yes/no question - was hair loss the full extent of her punishment?
Not counting public scorn and humiliation, yes.
jooly wrote: Or was it part of a bigger punushment?
See above.
jojojoker wrote: she wants to see the man on her sister's funenal again~

YES!!

Just kidding, not quite. But there's more of that great lateral thinking! :D
Geekinthepink021 wrote: Was the hair on her head? o.O
Yes. There may well have been more hair involved, but if there was, I don't want to know about it. :eek:
Last edited by Lukeonia1 on 21-02-2006 19:13, edited 1 time in total.
Geekinthepink021

She's one of those people with the hair disorder... (the one that causes excessive body hair. I definitely can't remember what it's called) and she fell in love with the man who invented laser hair removal!

And that totally counts as punishment. 100%.
jsyer

Post by jsyer »

The woman (french) fell in love with a man (german) during the war. She was accused of collaboration with the enemy and as a punishment her hair was shaved off.

I don't know if it's the answer you're after but this sort of thing actually used to happen.
Lukeonia1

Post by Lukeonia1 »

jsyer wrote: The woman (french) fell in love with a man (german) during the war. She was accused of collaboration with the enemy and as a punishment her hair was shaved off.
Got it. :D The woman fell in love with the german officer assigned to her town during World War II. After the town liberated by the Allies, the townspeople turned on her, branded her a collaborator, and shaved her hair off.

These are the sorts of lateral thinking puzzles that people do on totalfark.com each day; that's where I got the idea. I believe jsyeris next... :p
jsyer

Post by jsyer »

A man runs away from home, turns left, turns left, turns left again, then comes home to a man in a mask. Explain.
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

He ran back to where he came from and towards the reason why he ran away (maybe he thought that other guy was following him).

No idea about the other guy though ... except maybe a burglar ...
jooly

Post by jooly »

Rounders or baseball, my guess :)
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

Ouch! Yeah, didn't think of baseball :D
Geekinthepink021

Mmmm I'm going to go with jooly on this one. Baseball is my guess :)
jsyer

Post by jsyer »

Baseball is spot on!
Thought that one would take a bit longer to guess (I know it took me ages when told by a friend some years back)
Jooly, batter up.
jooly

Post by jooly »

*makes pancake batter*

huh?
jsyer

Post by jsyer »

Jooly, it's your turn.
"Batter up" was my pathetic attempt at a being amusing. It was a baseball riddle after all
Geekinthepink021

This thread seems dead.

*gets the defribulators*

This one involves creativity, (the source I stole it from does give a distinct answer, but there's no way in hell anybody in their right mind will ever get it... So be creative!)

You're locked in a room with no windows or doors. The only things in the room are a mirror, a table, and, (obviously enough), yourself. How do you get out?