Think Laterally

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

jsyer

Post by jsyer »

Creative, huh?

Sit cross legged on the table holding the mirror in your lap. Breathe slowly, deeply and evenly and relax while concentrating on your reflection in the mirror. Then separate your consciousness from your physical form and astral travel outta there.

Tada! You're free. Forget about that pesky flesh cage in the locked room, the cosmos is now your playground.

Another answer, I noticed there was no mention of any roof to the room. Drag the table over to one of the walls and use it to climb over, take the mirror with you. Now that you're out of the room, use the mirror to admire yourself for being so clever ;)
Last edited by jsyer on 02-03-2006 23:26, edited 1 time in total.
Rincewind SW

Post by Rincewind SW »

jsyer wrote: I noticed there was no mention of any roof to the room. Drag the table over to one of the walls and use it to climb over, take the mirror with you. Now that you're out of the room, use the mirror to admire yourself for being so clever ;)
Ditto. I was beaten to it :<
Sam_Atoms

Post by Sam_Atoms »

I remember this one from when I used to ride the school bus.

You look in the mirror...
You see what you saw...
You take the saw, and cut the table into two halves...
You put the two halves back together into one (w)hole...
Then you crawl out through the hole.
jooly

Post by jooly »

^^that's the answer I'd heard too :)
Nicky

Post by Nicky »

I heard that one but I also heard this one:

Go through the doorway! There arent any doors but theres still a doorway :D
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

Look into the mirror and you'll see the room doesn't really exist. Just walk through the non-existing wall :D
coeso

Post by coeso »

well, I agree with the answers above. also, how can you be "locked" in a room with no windows or doors unless it was built around you? so why not just go out before they finish the room?
Sunny Kimiko

Post by Sunny Kimiko »

Sam_Atoms wrote: I remember this one from when I used to ride the school bus.

You look in the mirror...
You see what you saw...
You take the saw, and cut the table into two halves...
You put the two halves back together into one (w)hole...
Then you crawl out through the hole.

the one i heard is a little different. you do all the above up to step 2 and a half and you simply cut a hole in the wall..
Mighty Midget

Post by Mighty Midget »

A mirror, a table and me. Ok, I look in the mirror, realizing I am merely a reflection of the truth. The truth is I am mad as a hatter and bouncing around like a maniac in a field of daisies. No need to get out as I'm already outside. That table was just a jedi mind trick. Of course, that room didn't really have any walls either.

The hairless lady: She wouldn't have happened to marry a barber by chance?

Edit: Here's an old one: In a village up in the Afghan mountain there are 2 barbers: One is a bleeding mess, his hair is a disgrace, his shop is filthy to the rim, hair all over. Not to mention the pong. The other barber has a Hollywood actors haircut, his shop is sparkling clean with a vague smell of flowers. You find yourself in need of some trimming. Which shop would you enter, but more importantly: WHY would you enter that particular barbershop?
Last edited by Mighty Midget on 27-04-2006 02:35, edited 1 time in total.
kayeighty

Post by kayeighty »

Perhaps, since there are only two barbers, they have to cut each other's hair.

So you'd want the one with the bad hair because he cut the other guy's hair nicely.
Mighty Midget

Post by Mighty Midget »

:p
It wasn't difficult, was it? It's a fairly easy one, but I like it.
kayeighty

Post by kayeighty »

\o/

I'm slightly confused though as to why the good barber's shop is filthy. Is it just because people go to it, and the other shop is clean because no one ever goes there?
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

The bad barber has time to clean his shop :D
Nicky

Post by Nicky »

:D Thats a really obvious one :)

A man is organising a party for all his friends. He realises that he's forgotten to buy the beer, so he rushes out leaving several inflated balloons on the floor. When he gets back he's amazed to see the balloons floating two inches off the floor. How can this be? :D
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

He drank all the beer on his way back :D