Cheaters versus notpronners

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

i

Post by i »

LOL, one has to google indeed in order to get from notpr0n to the forums...

ok, if one is cheating, then yes...
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

Well, that one found a dusty old thread about cheating easier than the level 4 thread which is listed in the levels thread ... so how will he/she have reached this place?

And then read his post title ...
i

Post by i »

i know, i was just making fun of him... :D
notp vs cheat

hahahahaha

Post by notp vs cheat »

go to this web site then <spoiler page removed>

whos wining now 200:120:lol: \o/
Last edited by notp vs cheat on 16-06-2006 15:14, edited 1 time in total.
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

loser ... what a pity that you obviously can't use your brain ...
bates

Post by bates »

What You See Is What You Get ;)

If you cheat, u get nothing but another gallery walkthrough - just in a more complicated way.

of course, there are some really nice pictures, but thats nothing compared to the stuff you see while u're searching for the hints !

today I reached lvl36, and what i got on my way towards it, that was really really nice ::p
cl3tUs

Post by cl3tUs »

junimond_ wrote: i don't get the poin of this thread...sorry. fighting against a loser - or a bunch of them? ...

Okay...so I'd like to think I'm a notpronner, but I do have to rely on the hints at times.
meep98324

Post by meep98324 »

hints are different than spoilers. almost everyone has used hints at some point, but real notpronners don't cheat.
Orio

Post by Orio »

meep98324 wrote: almost everyone has used hints at some point.

Just almost? I dont think someone didn't...

Orio.
anand

Post by anand »

I would surely want to know who did not used any hints or never used discussion either....................
bates

Post by bates »

yes, many levels i just solved with teamwork with a friend via voicechat - and it was funny...

sometimes when i was almost giving up, he came with a hint, and then I answered a little bit angry... "hell, where u got it ?!!
Then he mentioned this forum i said "hey, thats cheating - it doesn't make fun if u just walkthrough and watching me while i'm almost breaking my head !"
I said goodbye, solved 2 further levels without him and when i stucked again for more then 4 hours i finally visited this forum myself :rolleyes:

Since then i take a look here everytime i stuck more then 5 minutes. Can't resist the Temptation - btw its nice to see, people keeping there hints as small as possible, but still helpfull :p

back to my firend - i stuck now at level 37 and he stucks still at 25. And it is really hard keeping any hints from him, to continue riddling together... :hmmmz:

btw... do u do some level in some kind of teamwork but this forum ?
Lord Lio

Post by Lord Lio »

i think i can explain cheaters, by an experiment done on children:

you take a child, and put him in an empty room,
then u give him one candy,
u tell him that if by the time u get back to him, he wouldn't have eaten the candy, he would get another candy.

kids that did not eat the candy, and waited patiently, are more probable to deal with chalanges in their life, and therefor got more potential.....

the other kids... well...
there are your cheaters...

notpron is like a candy, if you try hard, and patiently,
when you succeed, you get another candy.
(and it is twice as sweet too)

if you cheat, u only get one candy, and it is bitter due to the knowlage of what u have lost by being impatient...

and then u start hating all the other kids for getting more candies than u... and that explains a lot about low levels of society...

i'm glad iv'e been patient
:D
anand

Post by anand »

bates wrote:
btw... do u do some level in some kind of teamwork but this forum ?

just once......i had to go on IRC for it .....notpron faq says its nice idea to work in teams ......so i guess its not cheating untill you start giving out info instead of making others work on it......
Felderburg

Post by Felderburg »

just playin' devil's advocate here: well, perhaps the 'cheaters' only want to get out of this thing the riddles as a whole: they want to know what the answer is, so they can say 'ah, that's clever. what an ingenious puzzle!' and can appreciate the riddles for their cleverness, but don't want to go through the trouble of actually solving them to appreciate said cleverness. i guess you'd call it an appreciation of the end, rather than the journey.
frkyjenn

Post by frkyjenn »

You won't understand the "cleverness" of the riddles unless you 1. gather the clues. 2. Understand the clues. 3. Find the answer.

Half the pictures/sound/eggs have NOTHING to do with the actual answer.

So your logic is stupid.

Cheater cheat for one reason only. For bragging rights of "beating notpron".

*shrugs*