New DB Video?

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Orney

New DB Video?

Post by Orney »

Hey Guys
I was reading the Comments of other Sites on Mods of the Week and found out, the People just see the old Style, Design of the Game.. actually there is no new Video for the new Version. Tbh i like the Charakter Design now much more as the old with the colored hairs blah! How about making some nice Trailers or fun Videos maybe from our Surela DB Cup. DavidM Could choose a Video from us whats really is impressiv and add to the Website. A Good Video is enjoy able too, sometimes i like to watch a nice Gameplay in DB. And sometimes there are moments where i relly impressive of the Goals and some Attraction. I dont really know how to make a Video but i try to learn, If DavidM need help in making a Video i will help him, because he did some nice and i think he can do it better. :):p :p :p
Messy

Post by Messy »

It took over a year for David to finally make a video he liked ;P

I'd be in to try for some stuff though.

Focus on great saves, normal gameplay, no fancy stuff :) Just showing some nice 3v3 and 5on5 action perhaps?
Orney

Post by Orney »

Yup some of both :)
fb.shev
Banned

Post by fb.shev »

no 3v3's in my opinion.

focus on goalside defending/marking, because no fucker knows how to do it anymore its sad
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

look at the db trailer. it shows some bad ass scenes, and its hard to cut that. you need to record each scene from 5 angles etc.
you guys all think its way too easy. i've seen those 100 community videos, they are all more or less junk and a noob wont have a clue whats going on.

well this stuff takes lots of time to do. it'll be done when we have something to be proud of...and not a dumb beta.
Orney

Post by Orney »

But some nice play of the current league would be nice, just4fun
E-VecTz

Post by E-VecTz »

use vo, vo goals/vo tricks/vo keeping that will attract some attention^^
fb.shev
Banned

Post by fb.shev »

E-VecTz wrote: use vo, vo goals/vo tricks/vo keeping that will attract some attention^^

or not \o/
Orney

Post by Orney »

E-VecTz wrote: use vo, vo goals/vo tricks/vo keeping that will attract some attention^^

u live in a vo world...
E-VecTz

Post by E-VecTz »

Orney wrote: u live in a vo world...
ye i do \o/ \o/ \o/
Titanium

Post by Titanium »

:ban: :noob: :blabla:
The_One

Post by The_One »

To be fair there probably wasn't anything else on pubs when he started. He doesn't know any better.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

pubber never "know better", that's why I forgive the stupid comments :)

But they express their limited knowledge in a way that they are beyond all and know it all better.
Then you see em play in a pickup match one day and notice how weak and lost they are, and you see how poor Pubs are compared to Pickups (and pickups aren't exactly good either, but a lot better still).
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

If someone can tell me how you go about recording video from deathball. i'd love to make some divx videos and tutorials sometime and host them if needed to help new players.

and a promotional video as well.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

I plug in my video camera via s-video cable, then via n-view (for geforce cards) I use the camera as 2nd monitor and make it "clone" the first.
so the camera plays the stuff you see and you can record in on the way \o/
super quality video.

i dont bother with fraps and these programs, they always suffer from lag and you cannot really record a half hour of stuff, its all too consuming.

then via firewire IEEE I get it from the tape into the video cutting program \o/

that's the way the pro's do it to record game scenes.
or altenatively they use a 2nd computer to record. but proper recording always includes a 2nd machine in some way.
there is no good and easy/cheap way.
Last edited by DavidM on 23-08-2006 22:44, edited 1 time in total.