what i just dont udnerstand

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Spiker

Post by Spiker »

Typical americans always f*ckin moaning

Hope fully the 1.7 does kill off all american clans the we dont have to listen to u moan.:ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban:
Jerkoff

Post by Jerkoff »

frosty, whats up?

lol

That being said, 1.7 is fine, volley speed relative to moving speed is cool. Keeper quad keeps volley spam to a minimum too.

This thread digressed into senseless flames from people who like the old way and the developers (and spiker). Why does DavidM get involved in these. Don't become like that one space game developer everyone hates, lol. Even though DB is great and all, don't feel like you have to defend it by calling clans/ppl idiots, etc. They're criticizing the game, not you. Even if they say it's you, it's because of a game you made that they are. Be proud and don't get caught up in these little things or you'll dread developing it, and hate the people who play it.

Of course the games gonna be changed a little, that's relative to the versions now it seems. When has there not been gameplay changes from one to another? Also, there's no options for the ones people liked, such as dribble and quadjump (quad-one of the main reasons for so much "N00b-ifying" criticism). If they took out volleys and banana and had no checkboxes in 1.8, yes, people would be upset. Mainly because, for a whole version (3~months), they learned to pwn with them.

I like all the DB versions. I haven't played one i didn't like, except for the april fools 1.7, which pwnt too, lol (1st time i saw bots keep :D.). See, we had 1.6 for so long, now we have 1.7. If you had banana in 1.5 (u did) and took it out in 1.6 with no option to turn it on, yes, people (euros too :) )would be bitching all the way to 1.7 and beyond. It's seems like a simple solution (checkboxes for some old stuff) to correct a lot of the BS around the forum.

To Spiker, Americans aren't always moaning. I don't call the people from where you're from whiners, I don't understand how you managed to get that in the conversation. Is that the title of this forum? LOL. Go talk your whatever-country-you-are-moaning-about-on-this-day and clan-killing BS on other sites. This is the Official DB site, Maybe they want some actual helpful opinions, not some BS ones.

I remember the idea for models, etc, being thrown around a while ago, didn't you guys give up cause you need modelers/skinners/animators? Good luck, cause that would be cool too. I think the cameras and screen in cube also pwn. Nice touch. I was wanting a screen in DB-U so i could see what was going on in the other p-box. That map probably won't be upgraded though, which is ghey because it's the ultimate non-cube map.
Last edited by Jerkoff on 02-07-2003 20:50, edited 1 time in total.
YoYo789

Post by YoYo789 »

they should fix bugs, then graphics, the general gameplay ideas are fine... i cannot remember a game i've ever played where gameplay has been changed so drastically on every version, but the bugs keep on bugging.
Xelent

Post by Xelent »

stop fixing gamplay and get rid of tha shit bubbles and shit cause i pwnage now i win kthx whos NEXT!!!

AHAHAHH!!!!
InSaNe
Banned

Post by InSaNe »

XELENT PWNZ JOO KTHX I WIN YOU LOSE KTHX EM KTHX

-[V3]InSaNe
frostymoss

Post by frostymoss »

JERKOFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! havnt seen ya in ages man. I understand 1.7 is fun. But 1.3b and 1.4b were great. 1.7 its like a b and the other like an a. And saying all americans are whiners? Hate to tell you but most of these so called "americans" you talk about are canadians so go read a map you ignorant ass. (not that canadians are bad, just saying in general your probably thinking about a certain someone).

Here's the path that would not have "killed" db:

after 1.4b:
fine add some naners and a few other minor things
keep in dribbling
add custom models, skins
make new models for the ball launcher and kicker NOT one gun
keep the map changes
have ingame jersey system which was talked about, like have a model be able to give him a dif color sheme.
[V3]Sin
Banned

Post by [V3]Sin »

HOLY PETER PAN BATMAN!!!
XiLLeRaToR
Banned

Post by XiLLeRaToR »

just replying to check my sig:D moanin yanks btw:P
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

lol xill
Khushdi

Post by Khushdi »

:ban:

The americans, and xill :lol:
Jerkoff

Post by Jerkoff »

Here's the path that would not have "killed" db:

after 1.4b:
fine add some naners and a few other minor things
keep in dribbling
add custom models, skins
make new models for the ball launcher and kicker NOT one gun
keep the map changes
have ingame jersey system which was talked about, like have a model be able to give him a dif color sheme.

Yep. Some things they spent time on, like sprinting, which i've never ever ever ever, seen used in usa servers, and redoing all the maps w/ cameras (i thought the maps were fine before anyways, and some spec cameras make me motion sick) are nice, but not necesarry.

Just more gameplay options would've been fine. We all liked the old, plain cube, they didn't have to dress it up. It's like putting a cardboard box in a dress when you should be finding an actual girl, lol, it makes no sense. They should've made more gameplay options for the people that have been playing this game forever.

Look at Half-Life (which i have never played), the graphics stink, and it's still the #1 game being played online. Could be all the gameplay options that make it nice to play, and it could be the fact that it runs on crap rigs. DB, as it was, was a nice game. A little case of overdesigning now i think, but the game is still very good.

I have a degree in graphic design (yeah, pretty easy field, lol, im not that proud), and there was always a phrase that my 10+ professors would say time and time again when we started overdesigning and over-thinking...

K.I.S.S

Keep It Simple, Stupid

Of course code/skin/model/tweak DB your best, but don't feel the pressure to do too much. Don't design it sooo much, that you overlook the fact that you took out something that's fun to other gamers. You have to feel like the changes did segregate the community/gameplayers, which has happened. Throw in some extra options, use a little foresight to see what might happen with people after changes. If 1.3-1.7, u had options for dribble, quad, maybe ppl would be bitching less about the old way. Don't just take something out, and say it's the way it's gotta be, and participate in flame wars... LOL-

KTHXBYE
f1end

Post by f1end »

<<<<Likes 1.7 :D
Kyllian

Post by Kyllian »

I miss the old hammer and ballgun
Astroboy

Post by Astroboy »

Just what kind of player models are you people looking for?
Soccer players with guns? Football (American) players with guns?
Or maybe no guns?
An animation for kicking/throwing the ball instead of a chargeup sound?

It's been almost 2 years since I've done any modeling (the programs didn't work in XP when XP first came out), and we'd need a decent skinner (skins are like 50x more important than models) but I could see what I can do.

**Edit

Of course by gun, I mean like.. ball launcher or whatnot. It'd be funny to watch players kick eachother to boost :p
Last edited by Astroboy on 03-07-2003 21:26, edited 1 time in total.
TEZC_Robban

Post by TEZC_Robban »

rofl

yeah, kickin teammates in the arse and see them flying helluva far, rofl :D