2.4i

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

E-VecTz

Post by E-VecTz »

Desaster wrote: DavidM, You really start to ruining the game , 2.4i is really the badest version ever, Many people on pubs don't want to play anymore.

The ball becomes unpredictable for keepers and all start using curve up/down spamm.

You are on the right way to make deathball death. ;)
I've stopped playing

The only problem i have is that vo is out.

I think u should let ppl play the way they want, if u want a regular pub then u should fix one, dont go banning vo because the most crowded server of db is vo and the players that play there like vo too.

If someone where to play regular the're just screwed because the REGULAR community cant come up with an own public server.

So why take it down on VO?

VO has been with db for a few years now and the server clearly stated VO.

So if ppl dont like it they know not to come to a VO server.

I think it's wrong to take away the freedom for the players to choose whether they like to play vo or not.

u took away that freedom and now i think like 50% of the old vo players stopped playing because of version i.

gl with db i hope u'll fix it right and maybe ppl will start playing it again
Last edited by E-VecTz on 06-09-2006 16:47, edited 1 time in total.
priior

Post by priior »

who are you? :)
E-VecTz

Post by E-VecTz »

priior wrote: who are you? :)

read the name....

who are you?
fro

Post by fro »

:rolleyes:

...you could try reading his name too.

people in most developed nations use names as a method of referring to each other.
priior

Post by priior »

i was making a lewd comment about the irrelevancy of e-VectZ not playing.

but i guess in most developped countries understanding that would be far too complicated.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

That's the point I'm trying to put emphasize on for a while now. I don't care about those few VO-ers. They are really just a few...they aren't getting more, and VO isn't attracting people. Normal DB is what 99% want...
I'll shut up and not repeat myself over and over ;)
E-VecTz

Post by E-VecTz »

DavidM wrote: That's the point I'm trying to put emphasize on for a while now. I don't care about those few VO-ers. They are really just a few...they aren't getting more, and VO isn't attracting people. Normal DB is what 99% want...
I'll shut up and not repeat myself over and over ;)
Then why is it the majority of the ppl, VO ppl playing on thc without vo?
The_One

Post by The_One »

Because reg lovers refuse to play on pubs (who knows why?). DavidM is obviously wrong when he says that 99% of people don't want VO . He doesn't play pubs so he can't know.

Having said that, VO really shouldn't be the main form of DB on pubs. It's best left as an amusing diversion, played once in a while.

He knows how to change the situation (I understand you wouldn't want it changed) but he refuses to do so. Apparently he'd rather moan about VO players, rather than play in games that even 1 person isn't giving 100% (on his team at least).
Last edited by The_One on 07-09-2006 01:01, edited 1 time in total.
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

There isn't any logical reason to get rid of VO. Not one reason. The VO thing is nothing more than picking on someone(s) who is different. It's much the same as racism or bullying. Some people just can't stand that others are different or have different interests. Some people just like to mess with others because they can. People who engage is such activities often come up with lame excuses to justify or cover up their beliefs and actions. I don't know, maybe it makes them sleep better at night. But you can't change anything logically countering the excuses of such people. The excuses are just a faults front. Their thinking or knowledge isn't the real flaw. It's them themselves that are flawed.

You can’t make any logic out of the anti-vo excuses. They don’t make sense, they change often, and they counter each other. Almost nobody plays VO but the nobodies prevent people from putting up a regular server open to the public. So new players are forced to play VO and then they quit before they can find the real 99.1% of the community that is victimized by the few evil VO players. ---- the real deal ---- someone sees other people playing and having fun in a different manner, and wants to force them to play exactly how they want to play. As stupid and evil as that is, that is what this whole thing is about.

This issue has been going on for a long time and will always be an issue for the reasons above. That is, as long as someone steps to the plate and puts up a VO server. “If you build it, they will come”
Last edited by Twigstir on 07-09-2006 06:11, edited 1 time in total.
Ker]v[et

Post by Ker]v[et »

ok my turn

Twig: :ban:

did you know that acutally regular gaming allows volleys also? And on the other hand VO does constrict the game to volleys? think about it...
it has nothing to do with players beeing different, comparing that with "racism or bullying" is sad, not even funny. You got a bad day or something?

Just yesterday I played on pubs again 4on4 sc (omg :P ) and there was, as almost aways, one player who said "no vo sux" "only ego's without VO" etc.. and what did he the whole game do? Hanging in front of my Goal (i did keep against him) 90% of the game, he even scored alot .. with a passstat of 45% and 1 assist in 20 min's. rrrright.

It always depends on the players playing DB, VO helps in no way. Surely it can be fun once in a while on 2on2/3on3 games. But i dont get any positive effects on VO. And as REGULAR playing alows Volleys i dont see a need for VO.

---------------------
@ Desaster: I can understand why you want to take off the server, VO lovers & haters yelling at you to make you switch the server to theire minds :mad:
Last edited by Ker]v[et on 07-09-2006 08:14, edited 1 time in total.
Adversary

Post by Adversary »

Ker]v[et wrote:
Just yesterday I played on pubs again 4on4 sc (omg :P ) and there was, as almost aways, one player who said "no vo sux" "only ego's without VO" etc.. and what did he the whole game do? Hanging in front of my Goal (i did keep against him) 90% of the game, he even scored alot .. with a passstat of 45% and 1 assist in 20 min's. rrrright.

Get used to it... I doubt "VO players" are going to just disappear...

U either do what David is trying to do and make em go away... :S

or shove em on their own server and have a decent regular server to play on... *cough cough* goal limit 20.... why just set 30 mins ?

Its just a novelty game mode like gib ball ...
T3rm1n4T0r
Banned

Post by T3rm1n4T0r »

Twigstir wrote: There isn't any logical reason to get rid of VO. Not one reason. The VO thing is nothing more than picking on someone(s) who is different. It's much the same as racism or bullying.

He proved several times that he is a racist ... so what do you expect. He is such an arrogant bitch that he will never realise that he is totally wrong in many points. I have never ever met such a person as DavidM in real life nor on the internet. I can't think of anything worse than him. Such an unmannered arrogant and ignorant fuckhead. He is so convinced about himself that I'm sure he should go to a doctor. This isn't normal.
He has no idea about game design. He can't lead a team. He can't code. What can he do? Nothing! He is a loser. He himself somewhere wrote that he was one back in school days. I was really laughing when I read that because that proved my attitude towards him. Such a person is not needed and I would be very happy to never ever see him again in regards to Deathball.

But the main reason why I hate him so much is because he has no respect towards other human beings. To my mind this is very very important, especially on the internet.

Btw, Desaster. Hurry up and switch to 3vs3 vo pls!
Last edited by T3rm1n4T0r on 07-09-2006 12:39, edited 1 time in total.
priior

Post by priior »

termi: have you shown any respect towards him?

there are 2 variables in this whole issue (1) game creators (davidm+team) and (2) server owners.

this argument should be constricted to those two. those who are playing have no right to "demand" anything.

it;s like borrowing ur neighbour's bicycle.. then demanding him to paint it yellow.. cuz ur friends think yellow is cool.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

lol xD
I find it rather funny how termi keeps DEMANDING things from anyone....as if he is paying Desaster for the server and paying me for making the game

Anyway Termi, I did warn you via mail 2 weeks ago. Critisizing me is one thing, but the words you use are another thing. If you wanna be taken seriously, try to change something in the future, but not here. Cheers.

Adversary, I'm not trying to get rid of the VO-ers. I just say I don't care if they are gone and we get A LOT of new players instead. And I'm still convinced VO is preventing beginners from coming in. Also the old players won't leave anyway, I've learned my lessons in the past 4 years (DB is 3 years and 11 months old now).
Neither do I understand Twigstirs post which states the opposite of what I say, because I'm pretty sure about it.
What other reason would I have to do this? I see none.

Just to make sure....I'm not looking for the new players YET.... I'm on a route to a final version with a plan, including gameplay backsteps and PR at the end when the final is out.

(Backsteps obviously because we introduce new features and at first they are not well ballanced, because I need 2 weeks of serious playing to know what the values have to be like.)

Ghost, do you wanna take over?
If people had the slightest clue about how we work and what this work is like, they'd finally be quiet ;)
Call me arrogant, but I learned to live with it and ignore certain things. Listening to the crying mob is in fact what ruins politics AND games.
Since I started with DB I more and more realised how similar this stuff is to politics; just way less complex for sure.
No matter what you do, the mob cries. If there were elections, the leader would change A B A B all the time, like in Politics. You have to explain why this and this is good, or why it's stupid now but it will be good in x months. But as in RL people only look at the status quo...which results in always hating the current goverment.
Fortunately you can't do any harm to anyone with bugs or bad features (as in politics), but some people act like it though. As if a bad version is killing babies. \o/

Anyway, I'm not forcing anyone to play this. It's not like I'm asking for taxes....so I keep on making a game that I love to play. :>

will talk later, my HD is dying
Last edited by DavidM on 07-09-2006 13:37, edited 1 time in total.
Ker]v[et

Post by Ker]v[et »

T3rm1n4T0r wrote: .. he is a racist ... ...He is such an arrogant bitch ...

--> Btw, Desaster. Hurry up and switch to 3vs3 vo pls! <--
T3rm1n4T0r wrote:
I can't think of anything worse than him...Such an unmannered arrogant and ignorant fuckhead. ...he should go to a doctor. ...
He has no idea about game design. ...He is a loser...

Owngoal? ::Pfffff:: :confused: