VO Sub community

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Orney

Post by Orney »

well have fun in fucking and shooting around in pubs then.
Goldeneye

Post by Goldeneye »

It's scary to see how much trouble a few lines of code commented out can start...

i don't know what influence the removal of VO exactly had on pubs (i didn't watch them neither before nor after...) but i guess like most other games deathball could use some adjustments for pubs - like ctf has weapon-stay and adrenaline (thanks to ghost for the example) or soccer where there is no offside, no referee, no linesmen, mixed clothing and often a bunch of local rules either because of the environment or just for fun...
The point is you cannot compare organised and pub matches - and thus why should they have to be played with the same set of rules?
I don't think you'd need a whole different gamemode for pubs but someone - be it david or someone else - should think of possiblities to make pub games more attractive - like VO or gibball or maybe even some kind of powerups. They all could spice up pubs and make them maybe more attractive for pickup players as well...
The_One

Post by The_One »

Orney wrote: well have fun in fucking and shooting around in pubs then.
Finally. End of "discussion".
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

i'm with goldeneye, deathball is way to focused on competitive pickup/league matches.

its impossible to get that from a pub, so in the end you end up with a mishmash of non-fun pub gaming.

thats why pubs are empty.

VO may have had its points that hurt serious players. i agree, keeping on a pub will hurt your pickup style tendencies. if you take for granted ppl don't shoot.

but still. VO made it easier for noob keeps to get into the game and made it overall a little bit harder for ppl to score. cuz a game where some noob keeps scoring 200 goals while his team or the other team twiddles its thumbs is boring.

i say we get gibball back into a pub. i'm dying for some -propper- gibball. with the up and down curves in a hole style map. now that sounds like fun.
The_One

Post by The_One »

I've tryed to get Imag to install 2.4 on BuD. Too busy apparently. Shame as he has all kinds of stuff votable.
EsorcismoNJD

Post by EsorcismoNJD »

I already talked to him about that... we're working together on getting Gibball for 2.4 completed. We also have a project currently in public beta that takes a mix of 2.3 and 2.4 for a VO environment that will hopefully spark some interest in pubs. Add to that an NA-only project that's currently on hold, and we got some stuff to do.

So here's the breakdown:

Gibball 2.4 - No Release - 10% done
XtremeVO - Public Beta - 90% done
DB2.4 NA - Public Beta - 95% done

If there's anyone interested in the XtremeVO public beta, contact me on IRC. There's no server at the moment running it, Imag said he'll put it on BuD when it moves to 2.4. That's all for now boys and girls!
Ker]v[et

Post by Ker]v[et »

would be cool if we had like some normal servers and like two gibbal, two VO Servers etc.

but

as we (in europe) have only one pubserver where most pub players want to play, and you can see above.. 1 server, ever1 wants diff. rules.. :eek:

(mainreason why i want it to be not vo - no i dont want to start this discussin again :D )
Last edited by Ker]v[et on 27-09-2006 07:15, edited 1 time in total.
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

Ker]v[et wrote: would be cool if we had like some normal servers and like two gibbal, two VO Servers etc.

but

as we (in europe) have only one pubserver where most pub players want to play, and you can see above.. 1 server, ever1 wants diff. rules.. :eek:

(mainreason why i want it to be not vo - no i dont want to start this discussin again :D )

TV Servers are pubs too o;
Orney

Post by Orney »

DavidM own them and he is avaricious.
EsorcismoNJD

Post by EsorcismoNJD »

He must've learned that word playing Tales of Symphonia...

North America itself is down to three servers, only one of which has 2.4k

I'm talking to imag about getting the bud servers possibly upgraded to 2.4k... we'll see, but you know one of them will be dedicated to gibball and the other potentially a full-fledged pub. Our other server is currently used for pickups, we'll see. I know someone willing to allow us to use the server for UT2004 and DB... should be interesting whatever happens
Shinobi

Post by Shinobi »

Ker]v[et wrote: would be cool if we had like some normal servers and like two gibbal, two VO Servers etc.

but

Use ut2vote and make VO, Gib, Reg gameplays voteable and you should just vote for what you want after a match finishes.
EsorcismoNJD

Post by EsorcismoNJD »

With any luck this is the layout I hope we can have in North America for the 3 remaining:

S1: Reg pub
S2: VO/Gibball pub
S3: Pickup server

We used to need two pickup servers, but due to the fact that we don't need to pipeline mixers anymore this second pickup server is useless.
Ker]v[et

Post by Ker]v[et »

`Ghost` wrote: TV Servers are pubs too o;

you know nobody plays on them^

Shinobi wrote: Use ut2vote and make VO, Gib, Reg gameplays voteable and you should just vote for what you want after a match finishes.

It aint that easy in our case, belive me ;)
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

the THC server was full yesterday so I went to TV and two noobs joined. One left after loading O.o but the other stayed and anything he asked I answered. Told him about #dbpickup etc :) He said he really enjoyed it \o/ yay
Shinobi

Post by Shinobi »

Ker]v[et wrote: you know nobody plays on them^

It aint that easy in our case, belive me ;)

If I can do it you guys certainly can ;)