VO Sub community

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Ker]v[et

Post by Ker]v[et »

if it would only depend on "us"... ;)
its b/c of the serveradmin, the players playing there (omg no vo? i leave, omg big map? i leave, vo on big map? omg i go play a pu) etc etc :D

cool thing ghost \o/ tho i haven't seen more than 3-4 players on that servers

anyway - plan is to wait for the 3.0 thing (or so)and then we have to think about scaring players -not- away, doesnt make much sence in these dark times
E-VecTz

Post by E-VecTz »

Orney wrote: WTF u want from me you peace of shit, i just wrote my argument!
And when people try to fucks me up with smart pissed sentences against me. Then u should wake up and understand why im pissed about you. Stick your head out of your ass finally...
lol so ur trying to say ur not soo smart and we shouldnt take advantage of the fact ur too dumb to say anything to ur defense because u dont understand what they are saying?? LOL

---------------------------------

p.s. seems like db is almost dead on ALL pubs.

for all VO players, I'm putting my server back on for those interested, but it wont be latest version because im not too fond of the new version (eventhough i have the vo-mutator)

so i'm thinking about
2.4c
2.4e or
2.4g

maybe i should open a new topic about it.

@davidm
I know u wont change ur mind so i'm not even bringing anymore arguments

for those that dont know
the real reason they want vo removed is because
1. No one wanted to put up a regular server while there was one for VO, this pissed the dev team off
2. Seemed like the VO comunity was growing and their beloved regular wasn't this also pissed them off
3. There was everyday activity on the VO servers, mostly from 19:00 to 22:00 the server was full, this also pissed them off because they had trouble finding a 6th man for the pickup for the last two hours

the reasons given by them are bs

why force players playing a style they dont like just because u want them to?

to be honest, if i built a mod with two gametypes and the one i like was dying because no one liked it, i would probably do the same thing, make ppl play the gametype i like the most by removing the other

these are the only real reasons that would make the dev team remove the gametype and it also makes sense and this is why davidm is not going to reconsider
if the real reasons are the one he told us, giving the argument to get vo back he would have already agreed to do it, sounds logical doesnt it?

anyone who denies this lies, it's the truth... nothing more, nothing less
Last edited by E-VecTz on 09-10-2006 23:17, edited 1 time in total.
EsorcismoNJD

Post by EsorcismoNJD »

E-VecTz, you might be interested in 2.4k + XtremeVO add-on which changes a lot of settings to have a balanced mix of 2.3 and 2.4 with the same amount of fun. It has been successful in North America so far as far as the large amount of 3v3s being played compared to before. I'm working on it and releasing betas, gathering all feedback, so on and so forth doing what I can to maybe get some pub activity brewing again. The reason for all the changes is because VO in 2.4 is just garbage, but anyway I'll find you in IRC or you just find me... whatever. You may like it, you may not, hopefully it helps at least bring some of the pub fun back.
Ker]v[et

Post by Ker]v[et »

.........ahhhhh ..... cant... hold myself....

....have....to ....reply..
E-VecTz wrote:

for those that dont know
the real reason they want vo removed is because
1. No one wanted to put up a regular server while there was one for VO, this pissed the dev team off
2. Seemed like the VO comunity was growing and their beloved regular wasn't this also pissed them off
3. There was everyday activity on the VO servers, mostly from 19:00 to 22:00 the server was full, this also pissed them off because they had trouble finding a 6th man for the pickup for the last two hours

ok, you maybe have your reasons.. but that 3 reasons of ya... i can just say

:lol: :noob: :blabla:
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

Actually he has a point, which is quite amusing :)
Orney

Post by Orney »

actually not... he is still lifing in the past/history.
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

because vo was removed..
EsorcismoNJD

Post by EsorcismoNJD »

Well one of the BuD servers finally migrated to 2.4k, it's going to be primarily VO from what it looks like with Gibball as well once that's done. Kinda funny that we've had the one pub almost always available, yet it never fills... but I mention that BuD is up with VO in the chan and suddenly people talk about pubbing again. Irony's such a bitch!
priior

Post by priior »

"anyone who denies this lies, it's the truth... nothing more, nothing less"

love those blanket statements..

anyone who disagrees with me is a git.

\o/
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

I agree :( but im still a git :p
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

Orney, are you OK?
Ker]v[et

Post by Ker]v[et »

lol@ your Sig's.... a bit shallow.. but allright :eek:

can i ask again (weee trouble incomming) whats not good on REG Servers/settings when you can do all Volleystuff there also? :)
Last edited by Ker]v[et on 13-10-2006 10:24, edited 1 time in total.
Messy

Post by Messy »

Because people on pubs can't keep, and traditionally refuse to learn :)
The_One

Post by The_One »

People on pickups/mixers can't keep either. Big whoop.