EA FIFA 2010 getting closer to DB

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Fooman

EA FIFA 2010 getting closer to DB

Post by Fooman »

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/06/01/11-vs ... /#comments

Looks like they are playing with the idea of having players only control one player on the pitch. Next step first person?
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

"everybody plays one" was one of the 2 problems i had with fifa.
imagine "world cup" on the old gameboy/nes had this already. you were only playing one player :)

but the other problem i had was that in first person you can impossibly create a realistic football simulation, thats why deathball has a totally new set of rules and doesnt try to be football.
so if they do it one day, i wonder how. maybe with totally different controls...but not with gamepads, keyboard, mouse or so.

imagine fifa online pubs will be like db's.
a swarm of egos running after the ball :D
and everybody will feel wasted taking some defense or midfield position, so they all wanna be the stars by keeping or scoring goals. horrible :>
rather shooting from 30m instead of passing to the open man.
easy to predict if you know deathball's pub mentality and generally it's psychology, innit? :)
Catalyst

Post by Catalyst »

The only reasonable positions to play in DB are healer and tank mage.
The_One

Post by The_One »

Maybe it could be done with two Wii remotes; one for each foot. 8)
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

that wouldnt be enough...you need a surround view....like you're in a ball shaped monitor or so :)
and those controllers need to have force feedback so you properly feel the ball etc....but then again...why dont you just go out play some football? \o/
The_One

Post by The_One »

You don't need a surround view, just VR goggles. xD

Force feedback is making great strides. They can even do liquids now.

For some, computer games are as close as they'll get.
Jelly

Post by Jelly »

DavidM wrote: "everybody plays one" was one of the 2 problems i had with fifa.
imagine "world cup" on the old gameboy/nes had this already. you were only playing one player :)

but the other problem i had was that in first person you can impossibly create a realistic football simulation, thats why deathball has a totally new set of rules and doesnt try to be football.
so if they do it one day, i wonder how. maybe with totally different controls...but not with gamepads, keyboard, mouse or so.

imagine fifa online pubs will be like db's.
a swarm of egos running after the ball :D
and everybody will feel wasted taking some defense or midfield position, so they all wanna be the stars by keeping or scoring goals. horrible :>
rather shooting from 30m instead of passing to the open man.
easy to predict if you know deathball's pub mentality and generally it's psychology, innit? :)

Well if its 22 Rico's and Strafe's (much love)
:-)

Post by :-) »

It's a little bit boring to make an association football simulation, instead we start playing real life games of Deathball.

*whips out a hammer*