Will there ever be DB for Source?

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

[edgeofnowhere.cc]Smurfy

Will there ever be DB for Source?

Post by [edgeofnowhere.cc]Smurfy »

Will there ever be a source mod of Deathball? I loved played DB in its earlie stages on UT. I'd like to see it advance to something more... well where there is more exposure for you(the devs) Anyways, just a suggestion.

Thanks for reading.
-Smurf.
:-)

Post by :-) »

First of all, coding for Source sucks; there's so little documentation for it that I'd be surprised if valve knew how it worked. However, the game would lend itself easily creating a Deathball like game using the built in physics and the grav gun. Sprint exists inherently as does as volleying catching and throwing; there needs to be a system for tackling scoring and a dodge for goalies as well as a fix to bunny hopping; replays and radars are passable as is the pass button and suck button. In spite of the relative ease that a team willing knowledgeable of source could have put together a sexy gametype there was an attempt at an ambitious total conversion that's been stalled for the past year, Sourceball.

So overall, Sourceball is looking for assistance so I sent resumes for Goldy and Davey.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

You make DB sound way too easy code wise. If it was just shooting, volleying, kicking etc...we would have been done after 2 months. Guess what we are still working on after 4.5 years :)
It's infinite.

And no...not interested in anything Valve related.

Pfft... what do you know? Don't bring up your resume/portfolio, I'll just point out everything Lego and ignore everything else as though it proves some sort of point.

Anyway, planning and balancing takes a while, as does learning the engine you're coding for, but if I'm unemployed enough when UT3 comes out we'll see that 2 months is long enough to make Generic DB Knockoff as described above. The real question is will you make a Lego map for me?
[edgeofnowhere.cc]Smurfy

Post by [edgeofnowhere.cc]Smurfy »

Make a suggestion and you guys get all defensive. What a joke.
You make DB sound way too easy code wise.
Yes, I'm sure I made it all so easy sounding in my post... Seeing I didn't even talk about difficulty level at all...

I don't see how you can bash the source engine and you're playing on unreal.. To each his own tho. It's not like SourceForts or anything was hard or anything...
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

there are equal amounts of unreal bashing to source bashing if you read the forums, if theres gonna be a next step for deathball somewhere in the future its gonna be standalone
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

thats it, beef!

beefsack wrote: there are equal amounts of unreal bashing to source bashing if you read the forums, if theres gonna be a next step for deathball somewhere in the future its gonna be standalone

Speaking of which, did Cata die or something? I'm still waiting for Xball but if she's dead I'll understand the delay.
DoMmeh``

Post by DoMmeh`` »

:-) wrote: ...if she's dead I'll understand the delay.

cata = she :o ?
The_One

Post by The_One »

Don't start that again.
Catalyst

Post by Catalyst »

1) About X-Ball: might appear in the future, depends on how other things go.

2) I'm not dead, and I sorted the gender confusion out a while ago, I'm not a she.

3) Anyone for cake? :D
mephistophel

Post by mephistophel »

I give up. fruitecake plzkthx
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

nubcake?

Catalyst wrote: 1) About X-Ball: might appear in the future, depends on how other things go.

2) I'm not dead, and I sorted the gender confusion out a while ago, I'm not a she.

3) Anyone for cake? :D

Wait wait wait... If your not a she why are you giving out cake?
Catalyst

Post by Catalyst »

Cake is for absolutely everyone.