Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

NeGyXo

2.5 = ut3 :(?

Post by NeGyXo »

do it.
The_One

Post by The_One »

Would be nice but I can't see it happening.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

I don't see it happening either.

We're in contact with 3 publishers who are interested to produce it stand alone.
The problem that often seems to come up is that they have nothing to compare us to, because DB is still absolutely and totally unique, but they don't like that so much, so they desperately compare us to something. And the only thing that comes to mind for them is Speedball2 which really isn't a well done game with lots of heart in it. So we suffer from them producing low quality it seems. When they get to notice, that DB is nothing like it, they will finally go for it. It won't be much longer.
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

that would be awesome, id fork over cash for that
Mr.Rino

Post by Mr.Rino »

Hey David i'm glad to hear that you're in touch with several software house to make it stand alone. I've always thought that's the best opportunity for Deathball. Although i dislike the new name (supra-ball), but i understand that if you remove the "death" from the game you have to remove it either from the title of the game :D

By the way, Speedball 2 Tournament (new remake by Frogster-Bitmap Brothers) is something terrible, probably the wrost game ever produced. They ran it too fast, awful gameplay (20 years old speedball 2 is more playable), with many good ideas for the online game, online tournaments etc etc, but they didn't support it at all.
The first release was so, so bugged. Moreover, they did everything only for Germany, no english support, no commercials out of germany. The great potential they had, with a name behind their shoulders like Speedball, turned in a mess.

So it's true, there's nothing to compare to Deathball, but once they will play it, there will be something to compare to because Deathball is going to make it a new milestone in the Sport Game History. Just tell this to those producers...

Just a little note. If you are really removing the "death" (you know i was a sweeper and there was nothing better than killing someone in the pbox), replace it with something equally funny! The idea to get lying on the field for some seconds is great, but i think that it'd be also great if players had an energy bar or something like that, or they could get Injuried , things like that to feel the violence of the game.

Good Luck,
Your Italian,
Rino
Last edited by Mr.Rino on 16-03-2008 16:11, edited 1 time in total.
The_One

Post by The_One »

I kind of agree about the name. It's not very dynamic sounding.

Injuries might work in single player. I'm sure David already knows where he intends to take the game though. :)
Mr.Rino

Post by Mr.Rino »

Not only in single players. I like the idea that every player , even in online game, has a energy bar, and once he gets hit many times, he has to leave the game or, at least, to stay out for medical assistence for some minutes... I think this will take it to a upper level of realism...

Referring to the name... well.. Deathball still Roxx imho. :)
The_One

Post by The_One »

Wouldn't players in certain positions get injured much more than others? Plus goalkeepers would be immune. Is that fair? I don't know, it could work but like I say, I'm not sure David is looking for input on game mechanics. :)
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

with the current idea, you get hit and fly around instead of dying, and your health recovers from 0 again, takes quite some time already. i dont think we need more annoyances. but this is betatesting stuff, much much later.
Mr.Rino

Post by Mr.Rino »

DavidM wrote: with the current idea, you get hit and fly around instead of dying, and your health recovers from 0 again, takes quite some time already. i dont think we need more annoyances. but this is betatesting stuff, much much later.

fly around means? i think the idea u wrote on the db main page that once your energy bar is over, you get hit and lie on the filed for some seconds, is the best one...
Rens2Sea

Post by Rens2Sea »

Get rid of health...

(hi o/)
BL44T

Post by BL44T »

(Hey Rensie)

Sounds good David, the standalone. Congrats.
Rens2Sea

Post by Rens2Sea »

DavidM wrote: ...because DB is still absolutely and totally unique

http://www.footballsuperstars.com/

(hey blaat)