Shot Meter Problem

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

bikeking8

Shot Meter Problem

Post by bikeking8 »

(I searched the forums and couldn't find this.)

The shot meter that's supposed to fill up when holding down LMB has no animation, it's just a solid mango-colored bar. Yes mango, like the fruit. The shot function hasn't been affected; I can hear it charging up.

I couldn't see anything relating to it in the HUD settings or general graphic settings. I've reinstalled DB twice and UT2004 once. It's version 2.4 Is there a fix for this or must I live with tropical fruit?
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Hm! This is somehow related to your graphic drivers or graphic settings.

In the console type "preferences" and look under "rendering options" or so. Go through the values there...one might fix it. Maybe not. That's all I can think of now.
bikeking8

Post by bikeking8 »

I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the suggestion. And the mangoes. DeathBall is tastier than I remembered.
bikeking8

Post by bikeking8 »

Okay I compared notes with the Display and Rendering advanced options of a buddy whose power meter showed correctly but to no avail. I'm open to any other suggestions, though.
bikeking8

Post by bikeking8 »

Okay I updated my ATI Radeon 3800 HD video card driver and compared my DirectX version with my buddy's. The only thing I can come up with is the videocard itself unless someone has a magic fix. Later.
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

Only other thing I could think of is a dodgy install or some .ini settings gone wrong. Might be worth trying to reinstall.
Goldeneye

Post by Goldeneye »

When you reinstalled UT or Deathball did you ensure the ini's are deleted as well? (especially deathball.ini and deathballuser.ini)

Are there any suspicious messages in you Deathball.log?

Is the bar visible only if you have the ball or always? Is it the usual bar (just filled) or something different?