teh new 1337 boost-trick u just GOTTA use.

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

DavidM

Post by DavidM »

that would hardly happen, and you need too much luck to whore it.......maybe 1 goal in 30 minutes
Fruitcake
Banned

Post by Fruitcake »

some1 call a vote to bring back set jumping...the only reason i think it was removed cos ppl were abusing it......
Sequa

Post by Sequa »

but anyway... I think you haven ever played 2on2. Its a free match you just play and can so some uber-insane-combo-volleys there. But only without restricions. EVERY 2on2 team can agree with me!

Yes we are whoring this move but why not? Its a good way of scoring and if the opponent's def can't stop us its their fault.
Instead of limiting this you should add other tactics and other ideas of scoring as I already said. Its just boring to shoot a ball. Its nearly impossible to do "pass on 3rd jump"-goals since every1 uses it and know how to defend it.

How should I score then? If there are only too few ways of scoring the game becomes boring. Thats why I play 2on2 excessively. You have many tactics and many situations u can use to score but if u limit the tactic this topic is about u limit many 2on2 tactics as well

Edit: set-jumping? wtf go play bombing run
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

" if the opponent's def can't stop us its their fault."

thats the point....
they can't
NightSpirit|ZBN

Post by NightSpirit|ZBN »

It's not so much about limiting tactics - in fact it's the opposite. If there is one tactic that is near-enough unstoppable and there is no penalty for trying as often as you can then some people will do ONLY that tactic and it just makes things boring and dull. The key is getting balance right. To me, the best games of deathball are when the attack passes the ball around and tries shots on goal, choosing whether or not to curve the shot or volleying from a crossed pass etc. None of these volleywhoring moves that just get abused continuously.
Sequa

Post by Sequa »

they can, kex did
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

Sequa wrote: Thats why I play 2on2 excessively.

You play 2on2 kthx. We play 5on5 ok :rolleyes: So I would think your view in this is very stupid because its a fix for the gameplay for 5on5 play which everyone uses. I've never seen you play, and if you whore it so much, go excessively find a new way to score. Looks like you guys really suck at getting open.

Btw, I like the dregation of volley power from the higher height u have, atleast it would minimize the chance of the ball going past the keep before he has time to react.
Sequa

Post by Sequa »

Fallen wrote: You play 2on2 kthx. We play 5on5 ok :rolleyes: So I would think your view in this is very stupid because its a fix for the gameplay for 5on5 play which everyone uses. I've never seen you play, and if you whore it so much, go excessively find a new way to score. Looks like you guys really suck at getting open.

How u wanna know? We use this tactic cause we found it and it works good. You've never seen me play and will never see me play cause I hate public and never play it.

"We play 5on5 ok :rolleyes: So I would think your view in this is very stupid because its a fix for the gameplay for 5on5 play which everyone uses"

NO! Its not just a fix for 5on5 its a major change to db! Mentioned this several times now: It will limit many tactics on 2on2
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

It's not a major change to db. It's a cheap tactic to score. Before it was found out by everyone Deathball was fun to play. Now, when you go the field, I usually see this, at times, I can defend it, but if u get high enough, and the enemy passes it, he usually scores.

REPEAT: IT'S NOT A MAJOR CHANGE IN GAMEPLAY

Taking out boosting is a major change, taking out volley is a major change, setting back to set-jump average to major change.

Learn to really play the game sequa.

Play volley whores on NA scene. Every offensive chance they get is to do this move. Yet we still destroy em when it counts.
Sequa

Post by Sequa »

Fallen wrote: REPEAT: IT'S NOT A MAJOR CHANGE IN GAMEPLAY

REPEAT: IT IS FOR 2on2

I know how to play this game. Though youve never seen me play so...
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

Well the game isn't for one team. It's for the community, think about the game itself, if you keep this, the balance of the game is still way off.
NightSpirit|ZBN

TBH I don't care for 2v2 matches, and for the good of the DB community I think things should be focused on 5v5 matches since that is the way most clans play and most people will come to the game (in pub servers). Moves that are heavily abused need to be toned down so that good attackers need to be skilled in various ways of playing and think fast to choose whether to try a pass back, cross or shot etc and NOT simply practice ONE move to death.

To solve the 2v2 issue, then it COULD be a server option - but it should not simply be a checkbox on it's own as DavidM mentioned it would make all pub servers behave differently and that would just be very bad. What you could have instead is a special 2v2 option that sets volley-when-high-power to as it is now AND maxplayers=4 or something?

Oh and while we are on the subject of pub server options, I still say they should all be set to force even teams which will cut down on lamers swapping teams because they are losing or whatever.
f1end

Post by f1end »

Sorry, but which of the several ideas that have been posted here are u saying will ruin 2v2 play??? The volley speed changing with height??? That isn't a MAJOR change tbh...it's 1 value, that imho is too high still anyway atm.
Even set-jumping isn't a major change...all it means is u have to be better at timing ur jumps.
OMG...2 new posts while i was writing... woohooo busy forum
Last edited by f1end on 05-08-2003 12:48, edited 1 time in total.
NightSpirit|ZBN

f1end wrote: OMG...2 new posts while i was writing... woohooo busy forum

Some of us don't have much to do at work today so are hounding the 12 year old volleywhores ;)
Diab

Post by Diab »

College holidays here :D