teh new 1337 boost-trick u just GOTTA use.

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

cY|riCo

Re: teh new 1337 boost-trick u just GOTTA use.

Post by cY|riCo »

Harold|ZBN wrote: ok so first we had the so called "broomstick" and some ppl used it and some didnt. in the end it was pretty much everyones opinion that it was lame. it was mainly lame because: it wasnt really hard to pull off, AND almost imposible to stop. so it got taken out.

the "pass me on third jump" thing is a pain in the arse to defend but is still a valid tactic imo as a defender should be able to do something about it. hard maybe but with active defence hard to pull off aswell. now ppl are starting to use a new trick.

with the new trick off boosting some1 sky high and passing the ball to him when hes using his 4 jumps to "float" and he then goes on to volley it down. same as the first boost trick. easy to do no way of stopping it. so before half the community gets used to it i think it should get taken out before it turns into a big problem again.

or u could ofcourse change keeper volley latency back to zero. that way the attackers have the boost trick which u cant defend against and the keeper has 0 volley latency which u cant score against.... that way it evens out nicely.

"easy to do"

uhm maybe as you played in our team it looked really easy!

but it isnt i trained much time to do them like that...

and i dont think that everyone in db community can them do so easy!

yes we are using this very often, but its the tactic we made and it works and you always want to remove it and make db being shit!

so y dont remove the shield gun if you want some realistic game O_o

i loved deathball for its nice tactics but if you will remove the passvolleys it will be like every normal soccergame.

what will the clans do then?

only play on the floor?

because the volleys are to slow if you are high in the air...

without passvolleys db would suck so much and will loose much player who are able to do them :mad:
f1end

Post by f1end »

NightSpirit|ZBN wrote: Some of us don't have much to do at work today so are hounding the 12 year old volleywhores ;)

Tell me about it, I work on a monthly magazine, doing graphics, and our deadline was friday last week...so i am bored shitless today...and testerday...and i doubt i'll have any more to do tomorrow...wish i had deathball on my mac at work...the ut2003 demo is getting boring now...and i might get caught.
cY|riCo

Post by cY|riCo »

and if we wouldnt have used this trick no one would have said something and there wouldnt be any changes:confused:

but only because we are better in doing it and the other people say they cant defend it because they dont even think about how to defend it :S

i wanna say kex found a way to defend it and we had to score with other tactics!

so y you wanna remove it isnt a game more interesting if player think about offense and defense techniks

and just think about how to become better and not only score with normal shoots?

if i have to score with normal shoots i dunno y i played db from the beginning...

it would be the same like on public !
NightSpirit|ZBN

Post by NightSpirit|ZBN »

No such luck for me either. While I do have the fastest PC in the company, it has one of those Intel onboard Graphics that chockes on anything remotely 3D. The Mac I use wouldn't fare any better. :(

And to riCo, I can understand that if you are one that uses this tactic then you are going to be upset, but if it is somthing that is easily abused and people start doing ONLY that move then it is THAT which makes DB games dull. You may not have seen any, but I have seen and been a part of many games which were great fun, no moves were abused and goals were still scored.
cY|riCo

Post by cY|riCo »

uhm yes but y should we try to score normal if we can do it with this technic?

its no fw...
its about points...

its the sam like with passvolley goals!

everyone is doing them and the def can easy defend it if they are good!

and it will be the same with boostvolley goals

you will find a way to defend it and then the people will find other technics to score

we even know a way how to defend but we wont tell ya :P
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

are rico and sequa the 2on2 team, if so, their opinion in this is also gay.
NightSpirit|ZBN

Post by NightSpirit|ZBN »

cY|riCo wrote: uhm yes but y should we try to score normal if we can do it with this technic?

its no fw...
its about points...

Hmmm, actually DB is supposed to be about having fun. Maybe you have fun by doing this one tactic exclusively? I might have read you wrong, but from your first line in the last post I get the impression that this technic is the only way you want to score and that just emphasises our point that it should be taken out or reduced in some way. Not to spite you but because too many people are using this as the ONLY way to score and it makes games boring if all they are is a competition to see who can pull off the one tactic (or exploit?) the most amount of times.

So, why should you try to "score normal" instead of using this tactic? Because as a good attacker you should be able to use a variety of tactics to score and not find that one of them works so much better than the others so you just do it all the time.
Sequa

Post by Sequa »

We use this technique as long as we can score with it. If more and more defs find out how to block it we will find and use another. And no we dont do this tactic excessively, we just do it cause many defs didnt manage to stop us and for me it is fun to win. Of course the game can also be fun if u loose and it was many times when I lost but I am happier if I win (of course).
So if every1 can defend this tactic we use another or the old ones and combinations of them. It is just ONE tactic of this game and every1 is only using it cause many defs didnt find a way to stop it.

When more defs block this technique it wont be used that often.
Sequa

Post by Sequa »

Fallen wrote: are rico and sequa the 2on2 team, if so, their opinion in this is also gay.

bleh yes we are the 2on2 team and my opinion is as gay as everyone else's -_-
cY|riCo

Post by cY|riCo »

omg fallen stfu k thx next!
=[Np]=LuniX
Banned

Post by =[Np]=LuniX »

Pfff stfu n00bs stop removing shits from DB. Deathball has already few moves tho, so wy remove a goal tatic every time a team invets a good way to score? DavidM dont remove the passvolley cuz that woud force every team to do the those "shot + volley" that sD is always doing =\...

+ i agree wit squea that would f00k up the 2on2 games
cY|riCo

Post by cY|riCo »

NightSpirit|ZBN wrote: Hmmm, actually DB is supposed to be about having fun. Maybe you have fun by doing this one tactic exclusively? I might have read you wrong, but from your first line in the last post I get the impression that this technic is the only way you want to score and that just emphasises our point that it should be taken out or reduced in some way. Not to spite you but because too many people are using this as the ONLY way to score and it makes games boring if all they are is a competition to see who can pull off the one tactic (or exploit?) the most amount of times.

So, why should you try to "score normal" instead of using this tactic? Because as a good attacker you should be able to use a variety of tactics to score and not find that one of them works so much better than the others so you just do it all the time.

hmm in my opinion if they remove this passvolleys and boostvolleys the game will be boring and uninteresting and then everyone will do the same.

only scoring with normal shoots and then there wont be any spectacular things in the game!

"Because as a good attacker you should be able to use a variety of tactics to score and not find that one of them works so much better than the others so you just do it all the time."

hmm maybe because we are one of the few clans who can score with this technic the people dont see that we even can score normal...

it was the same in 2 on 2 everyone said lame passvolleys from own half and they said we are only using this one technic but they saw us scoring with this and didnt see that we used much other technics too!

in 5 on 5 we also score normal sometimes and we use the boost up passvolley thing like davidm said. if the defense is to stupid they boost us up while defending and i can score a passvolley easy. its the defense's fault if they boost me up and its the same with boostvolleys!

its teh def fault if they dont block the boost!
Harold|ZBN

Post by Harold|ZBN »

errr sorry rico but ure totally nuts... i played a few games for u guys and all u guys did was boost some1 up in the air and volley down. pracitcly 90% of the ppl here say thats dull... only the ppl who use this trick as much as they can think its stupid to remove... u talk about how deathball isnt fun if u cant use different tactics yet all u do is boost volley.
Sequa

Post by Sequa »

...and its fun, its usefull and efficient. We scored a lot with other techniques but why not this one? Did u do it harold? Its very much fun to fly there in the air and volley it maybe even with your boostspeed in the "goalcorner" (? translator power). I scored goals with every technique that is known and this is the most fun!

Like rico said, its much more spectacular to do this technique than just shoot at the goal.
Afflictor

Post by Afflictor »

every technique ... lie!

hardly ever seen anyone using my technique :o

...and thats how the cookie crumbles!