Hey! I'm just wondering something

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Fosti

Hey! I'm just wondering something

Post by Fosti »

Hello from Canada!

Recently I finally managed to convince my friends to get on UT2004 (lol 5 years after the release. FINALLY as I said) and I told them to first get Deathball.

I remember playing Deathball as soon as I got UT2003 and I always played since then, and now we are a bunch of like 6 to 8 guys (we might get even more people) who reunite almost every night to randomly train our moves and shots.

I'm trying to show them how to do the important stuff like volley-ing and goaling.

But I'm just wondering...am I missing something? There is absolutely nobody online, but from what I saw from the other threads in these forums, it looks like there is a still a small amount of players who seem to play from time to time.

My question is...is everybody playing another version of the mod? Because I can tell, this version (2.4woop lol) is quite different from what I saw before (I remember maps like IceHockey and Chill). I am just wondering if people are playing the more old school versions of the mod.

Please tell me! Thanks a lot if you read all this haha :)

(BTW english isnt my native language I hope anyone can clearly understand what I'm trying to say)

edit: Oh and we are very noob concerning advanced gaming programs (IRC or whatever) but just tell me if they are people on it because to us, everything looks pretty dead on Deathball
Last edited by Fosti on 05-02-2009 18:10, edited 1 time in total.
Catalyst

Post by Catalyst »

YES! We're all on #deathball on irc.quakenet.org, please join up and play :). There's a good 20-30 of us still around!

\o/
Multensor

Post by Multensor »

YARR!

If you need help with IRC just ask here.

btw. I also got another mate besides Stuit coming to db. :)
Kak0

Post by Kak0 »

I' m thinking about buying UT2004 with Steam ( I don' t think I can get the game for less than 15 euros anyway in shops or even online, it almost became a collectors stuff :D ), just to join you guys on Deathball. Is it really worth it ? Are you really playing often ? I heard some months ago that quite nobody was playing this game any longer.
Multensor

Post by Multensor »

á small group of us still play. But u can play every night(euro time) if you want to. I think we got about 5 or 6 games every night these days and i got a feeling that the community is growing a bit lately so sure just buy the game and join us!
Shinobi

Post by Shinobi »

Btw we still play 2.3 in channels #db3v3 and #radical on quakenet. You guys are open to join, you'll have any file you may need there(including the UT patches, both 2.3 and 2.4w versions, maps,...etc)