Level MINUS 35

Hints and questions about specific levels. Be careful not to post spoilers!

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

Karonte82

Re: Level MINUS 35

Post by Karonte82 »

Damn, i dont count the day for solve this level, but it was very very very very very HARD, uff well finally done , now level minus 36.....
rain74

Post by rain74 »

Solved it a few hours after my last post, using trial and error. Left me feeling somewhat unsatisfied, since I didn't find one of them.
But it seems what I thought to be one of the easiest-found thingies wasn't part of the solution at all. Can I PM someone to find out what it was about?
Anyway, after solving this I breezed through several levels in a couple of hours and am now sitting at -41 :)
ryan

Post by ryan »

can i pm someone about this please to check what i've got? i have a number of "things" but i can't really see how they are going to make anything. i think some of them may be a little questionable!

edit: never mind, got it thanks to having some "things", and some luck with a strange coincedence!
FacelessSchmuck

Post by FacelessSchmuck »

What are the odds that if I have multiple instances of the same <thingy> they all count?
Because I'm getting a <thingy> from three to five different sources.
frkyjenn

Post by frkyjenn »

FacelessSchmuck wrote:What are the odds that if I have multiple instances of the same <thingy> they all count?
Because I'm getting a <thingy> from three to five different sources.
Anything is possible in notpron. Best thing to do is write down everything you find.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Hey anyone still around?
Was notpr0ning a lot a couple of years ago when I hit the tax-stop at -34, I wasn't 18 back then so I couldn't do any international transfers. Was going to send a cookie or something to David by mail but I never got around to do it. With no friends playing seriously I guess that killed my motivation.
It felt good to be rid of the riddle-solving addiction but I really missed that good challenge from time to time.
I still have the paper <spoiler removed> thingy (with gray scale numbers on - from one of the levels, you should know if you have gotten this far) laying on the shelf next to my desk, not sure why I've saved it during all this time, maybe to remind myself about something unfinished or just because it was such a beautiful solution.
Anyways to my point.
I stumbled across my old notes a few weeks ago, I thought about it for a wile but decided to get back in and to my surprise.. the tax was gone?
No promt about anything and I slided directly to -34 without problems. Strange? And no news posts about it either.
I had nothing in my notes about the <spoiler removed> thingy so I assumed David had just moved everything to a new dir/ to remove the tax - still don't know if this is the case or not.
I managed to solve -34 after a lot of struggle - not the easiest level to return to... not to speak of this one. It forced me to revise my Notpr0n tactics and with the help of my notes it was not hard to run through the levels again, and read back all methods.

I managed to solve it a few days ago at last but I only found 7 <thingys> it was still enough to narrow down possible answers to 2 options so I bruteforced it. ._.
I'm not stuck at Minus 40, but it buggers me that I couldn't find all 11 here; Can I PM anyone here with my solution and for hints about the stuff I missed? Or is it supposed to be solved this way?

Another strange thing: While I was working on -40 half an hour ago, the "tax" was back somehow and I was blocked from the current directory - odd
I have to problems with paying the tax now so I was just about to sign up a paypal acc when I noticed that the Tax-promt once again was gone.
Can someone clearify what's going on here? Is it a bug?

- Alex
frkyjenn

Post by frkyjenn »

I know nothing about the tax being removed or why you have been able to get to where you are.

You might contact David directly and ask him.
amh

Post by amh »

Pretty straightforward using typical Notpr0n skills; took me about 2 hours altho' I only found 80% of what was needed and extrapolated the answer.
nuller-joe

Post by nuller-joe »

I got through the level which is good. But at some point i got a hint, which i just cant figure out what meant, and that bothers me a lot. If anybody completed this, and got all the hints, please write me a PM :)
peymojo
Certified Finisher

Post by peymojo »

Hi nuller-joe, you can PM me if you like. :)
Celular
Certified Finisher

Post by Celular »

Hello, can i PM somewhere about -35?
boikish

Post by boikish »

Celular wrote:Hello, can i PM somewhere about -35?
Sure, you can PM me.
Groodion

Post by Groodion »

Hi,
I have found 10 things
I'm 99% sure 5 are correct

can I pm someone to get at least the information if i'm getting in the right direction?
amh

Post by amh »

Groodion wrote:Hi,
I have found 10 things
I'm 99% sure 5 are correct

can I pm someone to get at least the information if i'm getting in the right direction?
You can PM me.
donjuanabreu

Post by donjuanabreu »

Anyone can PM me for this one?

I've found 5 things, but still stuck here for 2 weeks already :'(