Level 8

Hints and questions about specific levels. Be careful not to post spoilers!

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

Thunder

Re: Level 8

Post by Thunder »

Ah ok, thanks.
LukeyStrike

Level 8

Post by LukeyStrike »

Hi, I have recently begun playing and got stuck on level 8. I saw the topic about password changes, but it seems that the file I need to change wasn't updated.

I'd really appreciate some help. Thanks.

PS.: I have tried putting the UN and PW at least 5-6 times with no results.
amh

Post by amh »

I just solved the level again with no problem
Dayon724

Post by Dayon724 »

I second what LukeyStrike said. I don't know if i'm on the right track or if i'm just doing something wrong. Likewise, I would really like some help. So far i'm enjoying this puzzle and I don't want it to end here.
klausine

Post by klausine »

Sooo, I didn't download the song but used audacity to reverse it and sped it up (similar to luifrancgom). Can I assume the things I hear are not the correct user/pw combination?
amh

Post by amh »

If you have the correct file you will have the correct un/pwd, it's that simple.
Occasionally un/pwds need entering a few times, especially with slower internet connections.
Nick_Sync
Certified Finisher

Post by Nick_Sync »

klausine wrote: 20-01-2020 13:41 Sooo, I didn't download the song but used audacity to reverse it and sped it up (similar to luifrancgom). Can I assume the things I hear are not the correct user/pw combination?
You can send me a PM If you want.
dibruei

Post by dibruei »

Guys, I am stucked, I found the *spoiler removed but it doesn't work very well. Can someone help me? Please.
Nick_Sync
Certified Finisher

Post by Nick_Sync »

dibruei wrote: 15-02-2020 12:28 Guys, I am stucked, I found the *spoiler removed but it doesn't work very well. Can someone help me? Please.
PM me.
Nikita

Post by Nikita »

This one is extreme for the first 10 levels and a lot of people give up.
PM me if you need any help.
Neo

Post by Neo »

Hey all,
I'm pretty new to Notpron but I've really enjoyed it so far, especially level 7, but I'm having some issues with level 8. I don't necessarily want a hint but I've made some progress on the level and though I had the answer but it hasn't worked and I'm not sure what to do now.
amh

Post by amh »

Neo wrote: 02-03-2020 12:19 Hey all,
I'm pretty new to Notpron but I've really enjoyed it so far, especially level 7, but I'm having some issues with level 8. I don't necessarily want a hint but I've made some progress on the level and though I had the answer but it hasn't worked and I'm not sure what to do now.
PM me with what you have
AlEd

Re: Level 8 error

Post by AlEd »

amh wrote: 04-01-2020 02:43 Assuming you solved the level properly, it should work. Try a few times, a few levels require that, we don't know why. If the trouble persists, PM me but I may take a while to respond.
I believe I'm having a similar problem. I started playing over the weekend and got stuck on level 8. Regrettably, I did go to the internet to see if I was completing the level wrong, which I wasn't. I found that the key part to finding the answer wasn't available to me. I even tried different browsers (Googe Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer) but none of them worked. I understand the passwords may have changed but the methods are supposed to be unchanged.
amh

Re: Level 8 error

Post by amh »

AlEd wrote: 11-03-2020 02:57
amh wrote: 04-01-2020 02:43 Assuming you solved the level properly, it should work. Try a few times, a few levels require that, we don't know why. If the trouble persists, PM me but I may take a while to respond.
I believe I'm having a similar problem. I started playing over the weekend and got stuck on level 8. Regrettably, I did go to the internet to see if I was completing the level wrong, which I wasn't. I found that the key part to finding the answer wasn't available to me. I even tried different browsers (Googe Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer) but none of them worked. I understand the passwords may have changed but the methods are supposed to be unchanged.
PM me with what you are trying
wizard04

Post by wizard04 »

Hey,
i got the message that I have to rename the file ... And I have to download something? The way I thought it might work did not work out. I am not sure what to do :o Any hint please??