DB-High Released

Look for maps, show your maps...

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

ziadoz

DB-High Released

Post by ziadoz »

Hey,
finally ive finished my first deathball map. the images below show how the final version looks.

img1
img2
img3
img4

You can grab the file itself here, you can also check out my site here.

Hope you all enjoy it, any comments, feedback and mirrors would all be appreciated :)
LyNx

Post by LyNx »

yeh its quite cool :P
Sequa

Post by Sequa »

tested the map and I like it :)
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

Very interesting.
UnrealKrake

Post by UnrealKrake »

yep, good idea :) Is it just @ me or are the telescreens not working. They aren't displayed correct, there are only stripes shown (i think you have scaled the scripted texture to the wrong size!?).

But its a nice map =)
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Interesting, but I can tell you, all that stuff will be just annoying: like the hole around the ball spawn point, or the obstacles on the pitch.
The pitch is very small, you will fall down all the time, will get very annoying.
Next time try to make easier stuff, that's what Deathball needs.

The lines are extremely cheap, check db-cube or something for how to make lines. And your penatly zone is way too small.

The jumppads are damn abusive! Can be used for "broomstick" trick.
Last edited by DavidM on 17-08-2003 08:58, edited 1 time in total.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

btw. whats with that weird skybox?

it's so very distracting!
the surrounding should be a neutral flat texture, whatever .....without any details etc
mostly one color
but you always see your skybox....and its like black-white-black-white-black........
Last edited by DavidM on 17-08-2003 08:59, edited 1 time in total.
vF_Zonk

Post by vF_Zonk »

hmm

all this is from the screenshot:

- Sky is bad

- APart from sky, it looks very good

- With jump pads u might be able to score cheap and easy goals
YoYo789

Post by YoYo789 »

DavidM wrote: Interesting, but I can tell you, all that stuff will be just annoying: like the hole around the ball spawn point, or the obstacles on the pitch.
The pitch is very small, you will fall down all the time, will get very annoying.
Next time try to make easier stuff, that's what Deathball needs.

The lines are extremely cheap, check db-cube or something for how to make lines. And your penatly zone is way too small.

The jumppads are damn abusive! Can be used for "broomstick" trick.
Do you not see why there is a long thread flaming you for your opinions on custom maps?

Lets break down your objections from the bottom.

Jumppads: It is a custom map, looking at the screenshots it looks to have been designed for fun, not serious play. Jumppads make it fun, and they are nowhere near the goal anyway.

Lines: Good point, badly made. Yes there is a much better way to do lines. The way to point it out is not "The lines are extremely cheap" but something like "Try to make cleaner looking lines by adding a brush as in cube. If you don't know how then feel free to ask."

Penalty zone: Again a good point, but you didn't back it up with anything. You could have said "I don't like p-boxes that small" or "With a p-box that small, I won't be able to p-box camp". Or something which actually is a good reason "The offence will be able to get very close to the goal, making the map unbalanced in the offence's favour."

Your first paragraph is fine, except the last sentence. Make it easier. I say that is bs. Feel free to experiment, you might hit on something good. (e.g. tribun, obstacles in pitch!)
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Yoyo, you are annoying as hell.

You are just looking at all from me to find something to put me down, just get the hell out of here if you have nothing useful to say, cause you never did anyway :/
YoYo789

Post by YoYo789 »

um, lol?
YoYo789

Post by YoYo789 »

would it help if i mentioned that you and your team made the greatest multiplayer game i've ever played?
L33FY

Post by L33FY »

Erm I think that was good constructive critism by david...
jet2lag

Post by jet2lag »

---
Erm I think that was good constructive critism by david...
---

/me agrees
ziadoz

Post by ziadoz »

i see some your points, i will see what i can change, i also noticed the posts on the db-radar are gone :| must fix that.