Ways to score

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

The_One

Post by The_One »

Well I count 12 ways to score with a normal shot (give or take).

I see them used all the time except maybe the very slow curve, most keepers aren't caught out by that.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

yes but how many of them are screwed by pbox camping? (unless i am mistaken all of them that don't involve being boosted)

and honestly can you call shooting from a different angle a different form of scoring? What about shooting around the keeper? sounds like what you should be doing the whole time (in reference to the shooting bellow or above the keeper). so that leaves curving the ball @ varries powers (if you wanted to counts all the powers you did you probably could have hundreds but what good do they do?), and shooting directly and shoot off the shake
Last edited by theberkin8or on 20-08-2003 17:51, edited 1 time in total.
RaGe|DB

Post by RaGe|DB »

walking it in \o/
The_One

Post by The_One »

theberkin8or wrote: and honestly can you call shooting from a different angle a different form of scoring?

No, I don't see anyone claiming it was. 0o

Everything is just a variation on a theme, you either shoot, volley or if you're lucky walk it in. There are no other ways to score (I'm counting bounce as a volley by the way ^^).
Last edited by The_One on 20-08-2003 18:04, edited 1 time in total.
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

maybe if he worded it as 'attack formation styles? :)'
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

you and 3 of your buddies corner some skimpily dressed white chick in an ally... now thats how you score. duh.

... that or call up Insane, he'll do just about anything for $26.50
NaB

Post by NaB »

gaz, dont fall for it. he just wants to find out how u score so he can get rid of it in the next version.
Imo

Post by Imo »

Lots of 0-0 games next season. <-- lots more entertaining than scoring. \o/

Why make it harder to score? Charge up sound radius should be smaller to encourage shots at goal.

Wasn't there a way of scoring by changing your netspeed?
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

One particular volley technique that lately has been growing in my favour, is the off-the-wall rebound volley. I shoot the ball against one of the side walls, and then volley at such an angle that it rebounds off it, into the goals. It only really works if you are close to them, but it works quite well if the keeper is not expecting it.
GazMaN

Post by GazMaN »

DavidM wrote: I just wanted to get a discussion going, looking at all the brainless crap that's being posted these days (not only on the general forum) makes most here look like they have the IQ of a pile of poo......but this would insult poo tbh
:eek:

lol , was intended as a joke pal, chill a bit , its a game remember
oh and lol @ nab :D
InSaNe
Banned

Post by InSaNe »

Surge wrote: pass/cross vollies: pass to a jumping or walking player. When the ball gets close, tap back and take a volley shot.

fades vollies: same as a pass volley but you do it when jumping backwards away from the net, and you hit the ball when its beside you cause the volley radius hax.

side-winders: Beside, above or directly below the ball, simple volley redirction.

Acid/bomb/hot drop: boost up, catch ball, bomb into the net for a TD or very close range shot.

Cheap shit: boost up, volley down.

Kickers: volleying grounded balls dumped by team mates or from a freshly gibbed player.

pass shots: shooting with pass from close range

real shots: ya, they still exist... left click for about 1.2 seconds and shoot

outside corner hooks: Shoot wide and hook the ball against the mesh or the opposite post

Inside Corner hooks: really weak shot with a banana right against the inside top corner

hax0r shots: shots that go right the fuck through the keeper

tingers: post and in

dual-tingers: 2 posts and in, easiest to do against top corners

banana shots: curve shot in the general direction of the net that go in. usually only works against crappy keepers but can catch some off-guard.

1/2 courts: shots from 1/2 court ;)

Touchdown: walk the ball in, not rocket science... no 6 points though.

Grounder: shooting under a jumping keeper, usually on side shots

side wall volley: bounce off the side wall with a curve and volley it in (the keeper usually goes for the grab on the volley setup and misses)

Point-blank bounce: Setup a wall volley WAY too close to the side of the net and just bounce it in over the keepers head.

BananaRama: Combonation of a banana shot and a sidewinder. VERY hard to setup and almost always luck but works 90% if at close enough range. Easier setup is to sit at the 1/2 line and aim at the opposite corner and let a full power banan shot go... it should line up pretty well with the enemy net, then it just takes a side-winder.

Boost Volley #1: Chuck the ball at the back wall form 1/2 court, boost a player towards the ball and volley it in. Its the new boost trick but since it actually takes skill you dont see it done much.

Boost Volley #2: just like the pass/cross volley except off a boost... a bit harder to pull off but once you get the timing down its pie.

^^^ What he said :D
InSaNe
Banned

Post by InSaNe »

Surge wrote: you and 3 of your buddies corner some skimpily dressed white chick in an ally... now thats how you score. duh.

... that or call up Insane, he'll do just about anything for .50

No no no I raised my prices up to $27 baby! With the extra 50 cent I give massages :D
L33FY

Post by L33FY »

Deliberate post hit and watch it fly off random angles, I always do that.

Also I was 1on1 a minute ago and shot about a metre wide. I kick the bum.
FrostyCoolSlug

Post by FrostyCoolSlug »

run so you have the middle of the goal straight in front of you
charge up, aim at the middle.. fire..

The goalie expects you to do something fancy so normally moves out the way :D
InSaNe
Banned

Post by InSaNe »

No..... Some keeps (<----) look where the attacker is aiming, if the attacker is not aiming left or right then he's aiming for a haircut, I for one know where the attacker is aiming... Most of the time :P