Cant play DB - b0rked Computer - HELP

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Fizzy

Cant play DB - b0rked Computer - HELP

Post by Fizzy »

Can anyone help with my problem, I cant find anyon who knows what to do so far. On starting windows i get a blue screen with the message:

page_fault_in_nonepage_area.. windows wont start to prevent damage. 0x00000050

I havnt changed any hardware or settings on my system before this happened. But what "triggered" it was when my monitor "crashed"

you see the screws on my connector are faulty and so it doesnt connect firmly and sometimes falls out of the back of the PC,when this happens obviously i normally just plug it back in but sometimes the monitor refuses to be switched back on, when this happens i restart. or if that doesnt help eiter i do boot from last working settings/configuration or whatever (that is). although this time when i restarted after monitor crash i got this blue screen :'(

safemode works but the services dont run and i cant get back on the internet, im having to use an incredibly shitty and messed up old pc + need to get back onto my other TONIGHT, its important..
Diagnosis is very irritating as i only have 1 set of cables.

Already ive tried resetting the bios and changing monitors and removing display drivers to no avail..please please help *breaks down and cries*
devnull

Post by devnull »

This is a rather nasty error that could be caused by just about anything, including busted audio drivers, incompatible video drivers, bad or corrupt hard disk, and faulty hardware such as bad RAM. The error may be triggered by an event such as plugging in a USB device, but the problem is, the fault may not lie with the device that was actually plugged in. Worse still, other errors can mask this one. The point is, the crash may be a symptom of some other problem, or another crash might prevent you from seeing this one

If you have your XP cd you can try to repair your current installation. Just boot up with the cd in the computer. The setup should launch if the cd-rw is set as your boot device. Then after looking for currently installed versions of Windows on your pc the setup should present you with an option to repair the current installation.
Daverave29

Post by Daverave29 »

Ive had this problem before (pops up on alot of nforce boards more than most, the MSI K7N2-G was one of the worst offenders, however the MSI K7N2 - Delta seems more stable)

After digging around for answers, it seemed there was either a problem with the North Bridge or the Memory. There was also a soultion with switching APIC off (Boot into safe mode, system propertys, hardware, device manager, open the first one (computer) double click whatever you have there, update driver, install from location, select that you want to install the driver and select 'standard pc' on the reboot, enter the bios and switch APIC off, when windows restarts, have ya drivers ready coz it will install the lot again.)

You could also try the tech heads at futuremark.com there was a way of installing the mobo drivers one by one for a board, someone has the FAQ over there somewhere.
Fizzy

Post by Fizzy »

when you say double clcik the first one and reinstall whats under there, are you saying EVERY driver on my system? o_O
Daverave29

Post by Daverave29 »

Yep, windows was bright enough to find most of them itself, when I did mine, I just needed the disk for gfx and the dsl modem.
Fizzy

Post by Fizzy »

i had a go, couldnt find the APIC thing in my bios / bios thing
Fizzy

Post by Fizzy »

also wen you say install from loction? which location? i can only find it in C:\windows\system32 and it says it cant update because thats the one im using / there's no better one
Daverave29

Post by Daverave29 »

Mines in 'Advanced BIOS Features' towards the bottom of the list.

But then again, with pc's the way they are, could mean shit these days lol
Daverave29

Post by Daverave29 »

do the install from location and tell it you want to select your driver, you should get a list of about 3 things.
Fizzy

Post by Fizzy »

ok how about the APIC thng where would that be in the bios, even the keyboard doesnt work properly on this computer, :| >:| GRRRR i want my other one back
Daverave29

Post by Daverave29 »

Should be in 'Advanced BIOS Features'
Fizzy

Post by Fizzy »

it worked man! thanks so much you just saved me from another hour of ram fiddling :) Thanks SO *SO* / *SO* much \o/

if you ever need a favour or if there's anything i can help you with let me know, you rule
Daverave29

Post by Daverave29 »

Not a problem! Glad I could help
MeSSiaH{FCU}

Post by MeSSiaH{FCU} »

yay \o/

:spammer: :lol: