David now be leet

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Imo

Post by Imo »

f1end wrote: people hate wall-kids cos half the time they just loose the ball, when a nice pass would have ensured a goal...it's a pain in the arse to get boosted up to a great position, only to have to get back cos the wall-kid came across some1 who could defend :/

Same reason why people hate the cross volley kids. :)
h3r3tic

Post by h3r3tic »

MeSSy = Wa-ll/nk-kid \o/
[1234]Jr

Post by [1234]Jr »

WALLBREAKER

im not reading all this thread.. surfice to say pickup with him revealed mass frustration :)

He slagged us off for "shite def" .. then he runs up, wall's it.. loses it .. NICE! :D

anyway, shoot, or bananawhore like me :)
h3r3tic

Post by h3r3tic »

And like me :)
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

yes jr, he is annoying :/
CurvE

Post by CurvE »

oooooo...kk.....Are we gonna be limited in just shooting in 2.0?

cause thats just shite.... So what? people use Broomstick... cross-volley, "Wall-kid" (Pathetic name...:confused: ) Any of them moves can either lose you the ball, or make a goal... its ANOTHER way to score... simple.... get used to it... learn how to defend against it...

Its all quite restricted now-a-days... i wonder when people will be calling others "Shoot-Kid" or "Bannana-kid" Yes... lame...

Imagine that..... "Johnny scored for blue team"

OMFG!!! YOU SHOOT-KID!!!! BAN!!!!

:confused:

EDIT: Just the other day... i got moaned at by the opposing team in a scrim by scoring a bannana goal.... roflmao
The_One

Post by The_One »

CurvE wrote: EDIT: Just the other day... i got moaned at by the opposing team in a scrim by scoring a bannana goal.... roflmao

Please, please say you are kidding. :/
Why would anyone complain about this?
Last edited by The_One on 28-09-2003 17:21, edited 1 time in total.
GazMaN

Post by GazMaN »

i agree with curve mainly, i feel taking methods of scoring out will just kill the game.

When all different tactics are used in moderation then its all dandy, and quite quality to watch, the only problem we get is when clans decide to whore a certain move for the duration, because they havnt got the skill to try anything else , thats when it becomes tedious to play with or against.

So i say, leave the game as it is and just kick all the boring 1 move wonder clans out \o/
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

some people dont get what i mean by wallkid :)

wallkid is not lame...its just dumb, because it hardly results in something usefull, i am just laughing at the wallkids who prefer a wall over an open teammate and waste all their wallchances
MeSSiaH{FCU}

Post by MeSSiaH{FCU} »

It's just a risk u want to take, i personally wudnt do it, other want to. That's their problem and their team's problem to sort out.

Eventually the whoring teams are too predictable, sure it will be boring, but if they get owned for 10 matches in a row (this is assuming the game and more specifically the move that's being whored are balanced out right) they will quit doing that and try to get better.

The only problem tho is what to see as unbalanced (and thus, what to take out of the game with the next patch) , and what not :o

IMO dont completely remove it, but make it HARDER, be it harder to execute or harder to score on (as in, less chance: be it less power, slower, bigger catch radius, meh anything u can think of, preferably something reasonable :P)
CurvE

Post by CurvE »

Yeah david... but repeatedly saying to someone "Wallkid" does get annoying... I mean, their decision to be a one-man team, right? Why should it concern you?

is this some kind of a provoke act? cause it works on some people.... and tbh.. i just dont like it...

Read my signature, you'll see what i mean :) but by all means carry on, its your community, so stir-up as much shit as you want... you've said it to many people, not just him.

EDIT: stop tweaking the damn game, leave it, alot of people have already said that 1.8 is the best yet... and thurther more, i can quote alot of people on the disliking of this "1.9" effort.
Last edited by CurvE on 30-09-2003 16:06, edited 1 time in total.
MeSSiaH{FCU}

Post by MeSSiaH{FCU} »

CurvE wrote: EDIT: stop tweaking the damn game, leave it, alot of people have already said that 1.8 is the best yet... and thurther more, i can quote alot of people on the disliking of this "1.9" effort.

I can quote a lot of ppl disliking 1.8 both when it just came out and when there was only talk.

Same for all the previous versions =\