DB 1.9 CHAnges

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Rino

Post by Rino »

You are u, us are us..... SO why do u belive to be right?
Just find the way to keep out broomstick but not the boost pass... No volley on boost for exemple.... Naturally only 5 on 5 .... or 2on2 will die with this rulez

:)
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

This is very minor, but I noticed it on the beta server with 1.9. The post icons in the middle radar - I could see the square texture around the circle post. Maybe it's just me. Have a quick look.
Sqleaf

Post by Sqleaf »

=[Np]=LuniX wrote: sqleaf i totaly agree wit u \o/
n1 about david beckham :P
Originally posted by Rino
YES ME Too,
AGREE With Sqleaf
You do? :eek:

We're all doomed, doomed i tellz ya.....
Wibble

Post by Wibble »

Hmmmm.........for those of you who dont know me, I play sweep. I had a chance to test 1.9 out earlier today and here are my thoughts.

The game really doesnt play that differently to 1.8, and this was commented on by other people too. The changes that have been made to boost passes etc have made my job SLIGHTLY easier, but not much. Me and some of the guys I was playing with came to the conclusion that "laming" would still be possible, but it would be harder. THIS IS A GOOD THING. I like a challenge, but haveing a way of scoring with more than an 80% (at a guess) success rate is simply stupid.

When I play against QUALITY attack, theres plently of other crap going on for me to worry about thats genuinely down to their skill, and I dont mind this. In fact I admire it and see it as a challenge to stop it. When it comes down to it though, the attacking moves that 1.9 makes more difficult are those that are

- quite easy to pull off
- very hard to defend
- very luck dependant for the defence and keeper
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

it's not that difficult to defend, and it involves very little luck

if you know what you are doing that is...and the point to mastering a game is to figure out how to do it, no?
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

I don't really know how this removal will affect my game, I'll just have to wait for 1.9 and see.
Croaker

Post by Croaker »

About the passing to the boosted ones:
I kind of liked those pass, even if i play d. It forced the d to look at the radar and at the screen to see if someone got boosted and read the plays of the O.

Another thing. Even tought i did not play the beta yet, I think that D are gonna boost up more the O attackings. In the previous versions, doing that was a terrible mistake, but now, it should be safe. If you do that to 2 of the 3 attackers, the other 1, if someone on him, can only pass back to the d with a quick pass cause he cant charge (he's going to oc if he get it). So I think that will add more pressure on the O and make d easier... (only if boost by other team void the right click pass)

Today, boost goal by cheap volley in NA are not as big a factor as it was. vW, who whored that a lot, dont use it often now. And peeps saying that doing that the move don't require skills should have seen prank aim in a 2 degree angle and score...

I hope you take the NA opinion when doing the change. Even if we are far from you, we are an important part of the communauty (at least I hope)....
klesk

Post by klesk »

i 100%ly agree on that post croaker :p
CurvE

Post by CurvE »

In real life, for example, you wouldn't say "Excuse me David Beckham, but we've added a rule that means you can no longer score directly from free-kicks"

Just because teams like ermm..... Wolves or Leeds are unable to do this dosn't mean others should be stopped to make a level playing field.

Sqleaf? fuck off??? pfff.... attacking leeds like that, wtf was you thinking!?

but he does have a point....

I personally have mixed feelings on this, cause i play both attack and defend....

First of all... i find it annoying waiting for someone to hit the ground for a lock in a midfield situation, when the play is tight, its easy to lose possesion because half the time 2 players are boosted forward (Counter attack, if you like), leaving you and the sweeper on the ground, and more than likly the sweep will be marked, and you will be pressured, but give it time people/I will get used to it, so no troubles there i guess...

Secondly... on defence, Its your fault that you allowed them to be boosted high in the air, cause you either did it yourself, or you allowed it to happen, (and to GAZMAN it is possible to stop people from been boosted... its easily done) this is a skill, just like "cross volley" if a team scores with it, sure... they're gonna use it again aint they? its just upto the opposing team to stop it.

If broom should be stopped why not stop Cross volley aswell? it has the same kind of reputation, its ment to be "IMPOSSIBLE" to stop, isnt it? :blabla: see what i mean?

This is just my opinion, but i think you should be able to pass to boosted player... but i dont care either way, its not that BIG a problem (NOTE: Dont look on this post as a complaint please).

DavidM cannot please everyone, its always a 50/50 decision, no matter what the complaint is

EDIT: I havnt read ALL the posts, so i'm sorry if i mentioned something that has already been mentioned :devil:
Last edited by CurvE on 29-10-2003 05:12, edited 1 time in total.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

one question: were the changes in 1.9 needed personaly i felt besides the crazy bounce speed that most ppl were pretty happy with 1.8. am i wrong?
CurvE

Post by CurvE »

You know something? that crazy bounce speed.... i noticed that when i came back after my 2 month hibernation....(cause i didnt play 1.7 and "retired" late 1.6 and downloaded 1.8 when it had been out for awhile) but i thought that was just me O_o

.... so there is infact a crazy bounce speed??? bah, i got used to it tho o/ same as i'll have to get used to 1.9 :D
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

CurvE wrote: DavidM cannot please everyone, its always a 50/50 decision, no matter what the complaint is. :devil:
Sometimes I think that 50/50 decision is regarded only towards the european community. I'm all for taking out boost plays, but it should be done for a certain height.

As a defender, I like to be in your face, and will boost you up in the air, that has its downfalls, so I boost the player downward, it gives me the extra time I need to push him/her away and get in position for a pass.

In the long run, I don't know how the no-pass to boosted player will affected the game, but usually my first instinct for the player who is open, may as it be if he's in clear position above the defense to score, I will pass.

As 1.9 rolls out, defense is getting much easier that any half bit player can be good at it. I've seen posts about who is the "best defender" (Gobby) Imo, he's not "the best". If he had the same ping as us in North America, and if he would go up against Xelent the hammer whore, he would get smoked.
CurvE

Post by CurvE »

heh, yeah, gobby is no where near the best defender
Catalyst88

Post by Catalyst88 »

Fallen wrote: As 1.9 rolls out, defense is getting much easier that any half bit player can be good at it. I've seen posts about who is the "best defender" (Gobby) Imo, he's not "the best". If he had the same ping as us in North America, and if he would go up against Xelent the hammer whore, he would get smoked.

Probably because DB is a team game and just going 1on1 would be pointless? :)
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

Ya its team, this thing won't matter much, isn't it alittle early for u guys? V3 still = #1