DB-HimmelKrieg

Look for maps, show your maps...

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Mayer.hun

Post by Mayer.hun »

Just to tell U, the map is now avaible from the following link (I mean there is more about it's progress, and registered members can rate it...)

http://maps.4cows.net/4cows/deathballma ... .php?id=86

there ya go... I'm waiting for your feedback Inphidel :)
Mayer.hun

Post by Mayer.hun »

And somehow I fixed that friggin lycos stuff... just clickage, download and delete the .lol from the end :D

http://mitglied.lycos.de/mayerhun/maps/ ... eg.rar.lol
Ars3h
Banned

Post by Ars3h »

Mayer.hun

Post by Mayer.hun »

?
Ars3h
Banned

Post by Ars3h »

Mayer.hun

Post by Mayer.hun »

great Ars3h... what are u tryin to reach? 500?
Ars3h
Banned

Post by Ars3h »

Armagon

Post by Armagon »

I checked out the map. It looks like it could be a lot of fun, and the visuals are nice. The only downside I can think of is that there would probably be a lot of ball resets. This doesn't really bother me much, but it may bother some others. Not a league map, but would be great for pubs.
Ars3h
Banned

Post by Ars3h »

Mayer.hun

Post by Mayer.hun »

thx Armagon for checkin :D Yes... the map is not really designed for League... it's just fun.

The ball resets happen quite less than expected... althought I only had the chance to test the map in 2on2, but we had relatively few resets, and it didnt bother us at all... althought there are some dudes who really don't like that :P

Any Major Changes? Or it is good so? Maybe tomorrow I'll release a final version but I have to make some Tests Till that.

Anywayz... do u think it could fit into your Ownage pack?
Ars3h
Banned

Post by Ars3h »

Armagon

Post by Armagon »

Hmm, well to be perfectly honest with you I really don't think I'll have enough time to write reviews for any more maps than you see in my list (especially since I have final tests coming up next week). However, I am willing to put up a poll and to let the public decide.

EDIT: OK what I will do, is wait until the 18th, just in case DBW-River or DBW-Jailbreak don't get submitted. In which case, I could review DB-HimmelKrieg instead. If that doesn't happen, I"ll probably just post a poll.
Last edited by Armagon on 10-12-2003 20:35, edited 1 time in total.
Mayer.hun

Post by Mayer.hun »

Thx Armagon ;) you are one tought pillar of the communities olympos... or sth like that :D
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

I loved the map. the only things I think might work against it but it'll need a full server to really know is:

its easy to get on the walls behind and around the zones which can probably be 'whored' . like getting on top of the basketball looking backboard and waiting for a pass etc. if i was to suggest somthing that would give you the ability to still get on these things but make it less whorelike would be some kinad pushing brush (which i dunno how to do) like the wind blowing you off.

the doorway thing blocks the view of alot of the zone which will also obstruct passing, now i like it and how it looks but it might have an adverse effect on gameplay mostly due to the building tops being smallish in size, i might want to think about moving em to the side but I could deal with it, but the goalie might having a boring view of the game if he's staring at the door all game :)

big probs, very cool idea.
Mayer.hun

Post by Mayer.hun »

Thx Inphidil for these stuffs... I was waiting for them :)

I agree with the walls behind have probs. I will try to fix them somehow so noone will get the chance to get up and wait for the pass.

The Doorway is actually not just a design thinggy, It is there so someone can run upto it, and get a good pass fro a volley, or can self volley for himself up, run up, and try to score. But moving it is not a bad idea... majye I will tre to make it smaller... I think that would make a better view for the keeper, and less chance for a successfull volley (cause it is really easy thisway... unballanced)

Working in progress