Go Portugal Kick English Ass!!!

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

fyi. the rules in the English Premier League are the same as everywhere else.

Meier is wrong.

Don't believe me? check here

article maybe bs though. it is from the mirror after all :s
At least, it serves to prove i did not make this rule, it actually exists
show me where :rolleyes:
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

your being stubborn, the referee knows more about his job than you do, thats not included in IFAB's Laws of the game, exactly because its not a general rule applied to everyone.

For instance, that advice that referee when in doubt should decide in favour of the attacker is not referred in the rules, this is similar. It's meant so the keeper can go and dispute every ball near is goal, without endangering him.

Faults like that are done here in Portugal all the time and the football experts keep remembering this rule, advice to refs, whatever it is. From what i understood yesterday, it does not apply England.

English refereeing is known for allowing much more contact than in the rest of Europe, so that kind of explains the whole issue around this. Anyway, Meier said the exact same thing i've saying all along, he certainly didnt read what ive said, so there's some reality in my explanation.
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

t the key element remains of football being seen as essentially a simple game, with laws that can be applied in the same way at any level from the World Cup Final to a friendly game on a local park.

i'm being stubborn. ok... :rolleyes:
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

dont roll your eyes on me :lol:

what im saying makes sense, and you know it. :D

EDIT: that sentence is the reason why football is so popular, and its true, but its not even related to what we are discussing.
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

i'm sure you believe what you are saying.

but I'm just quoting from the official sources. what do they know eh?
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

what does Meier know about refereeing in UEFA competitions.

he just a referee of UEFA competitions :D he's been for 10 years, btw.
Last edited by Cenotaph on 26-06-2004 23:02, edited 1 time in total.
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

it does apply because what I am trying to say is that you & meier think the football rules are different here to europe.

they are not. the rules are EXACTLY the same.
speedy

Post by speedy »

cenotaph is sooooo wrong and he doesn't know it/can't take it.
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

the thing is that there are the IFAB's Laws of the game, which are the same everywhere.

and the other thing is advices (or whatever they are called) from UEFA, or FIFA, or any national federations for their competition.

The one that i mentioned already, that refs should always decide in favour of the attacking team when in doubt, there's this one that the Refs should protect the keeper in its own area. In WC2002, referees were advise to sent-off divers instantly as they were advised in this Euro2004 to sent-off players which had violent tackles.

There are refereeing commitees that study what should be the refs conduct during a game and how should they do their decisions in technical terms and discipline. This particular "rule", which is not really a rule, more like an behaviour refs should have, is applied in UEFA competitions, if you dont believe me, watch the next games and future games, and im sure will get some similar situations in the goal area, in which the ref decides in favour of the keeper.

Even with one of the most prestigiated refs in the world saying it, isnt enuff for you to believe what ive been saying about this? RaGe said it too, if u consider him more trustable ;)
And i said it before the ref mentioned it, so i cant possibly be making that up.

EDIT: and, at least here in Portugal, english football is considered to be much more physical and that the referees are way more compliant to contact, which to be honest, i think its a good thing, but that doesnt change what UEFA thinks.
Last edited by Cenotaph on 26-06-2004 23:21, edited 1 time in total.
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

i dont think you are untrustworthy.

I just need hard evidence. Point me to a webpage where these 'discretionary' rules are.
RaGe|DB

Post by RaGe|DB »

speedy wrote: cenotaph is sooooo wrong and he doesn't know it/can't take it.

nah he is quite right. I believe in england you guys have sorta different rules? :eek: ( I mean, different approach to some things \o/)
BlackFlame

Post by BlackFlame »

WTG at rules being differant in Premiership?

why would Sven dispute it then, he has nothing to do with the premiership
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

R3L!K wrote: I just need hard evidence. Point me to a webpage where these 'discretionary' rules are.

That im afraid i cant find anywhere in the web. sry

EDIT: BlackFlame, Sven dont want you to blame him :D and also he been in England for some time now, he is now used to a different kind of football :)
BlackFlame

Post by BlackFlame »

why would he be use to differrant football its not as if he changes tactics as they move countries
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

you all would have to trust me on my opinion, which obviously u wont, but at least i tried. ;)

I guess we are all biased in this question, and considering that, there's nothing i can say that will make you change your opinions.
I must say thou that i try to be as unbiased as possible evertyime, but im sure you do too.