Bugs:

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Ashleh

Post by Ashleh »

I recently had a very annoying bug. I was playing in a pickup and all of a sudden i was stuck to the ground. I could move forward and backword , left/right but at bent down speed and couldnt jump up from it.
Chrispan

Post by Chrispan »

Well i downloaded the .exe for DB 2.2 but everytime i try to boot it up, a critical error comes up saying that it could not spawn some GUI crap. any ideas?
speedy

Post by speedy »

Ashleh wrote: I recently had a very annoying bug. I was playing in a pickup and all of a sudden i was stuck to the ground. I could move forward and backword , left/right but at bent down speed and couldnt jump up from it.
It's called karma. :p
Holy_Surfing

Post by Holy_Surfing »

Dunno if these ones have been mentioned yet, but:

14.: Lockdown of LMB (primery fire), your hammer is constantly firing, therefore volleying or bouncing anything that's in range, and release of ball when you catch it. Fades away when you die (?)

15.: No map when you spawn. This appears to happen randomly, since sometimes it's fixed when you reconnect, other times it's still gone after you recon and/or die, and once i had to restart ut2k4 after three attempts.
Holy_Surfing

Re: Bugs:

Post by Holy_Surfing »

XiD wrote: 13. The bug where you bounce the ball off a wall to volley it but the game takes 1-2 seconds to register you dont have the ball anymore (clicking again will register the very beginning of a LMB charged shot noise). I think this has to do with lag, but i've never experienced it before 2.1.

Hm.. i've noticed something that i belive it could be this, but in case it's just similar, here's what i see:

16.: When balls get bounced off, mostly from a RMB pass, and then go against a wall, it is rather impossible to hit the ball as it swings back from it. At least for keepers. This often happen when someone attempts to pass a ball, and it bounces off against the wall behind the goal. As a keeper, i jump to intercept the slow floating ball with a volley, but it just doesn't hit. Not until it returns to the floor or an enemy player hits/grabs it at least... Now:

a) It's not lag related. On a perfectly stable and smooth server where i had around 60ms ping, i was unable to hit it as it was just in front of me moving at very low speed, just laughed at that one.

b) I am unable to recall exactly when this happens if it just affects the keeper, if it just affects RMB passes or normal shots as well, or even if it's curved shot bouncing that causes this.

What lead me to consider the curved bounces was the fact that when you curve a ball that goes against the wall, when it comes back its trajectory is back to linear instead of curved. Maybe the bug occurs due to something associated to this coding?
priior

Post by priior »

it's been so long since this thread started so dont remember if it was mentioned (dont think so..)

but lately.. there seems to be a high incidence of the hammer/pass bug. u catch the ball and u can't pass... or u can't hit ppl with hammer.

are you (euro) guys getting this a lot as well?
Wibble

Post by Wibble »

Yes we are. Its a shame, coz I thought we'd seen the last of it
Onge

Post by Onge »

I don't see it often though...But even when it was common it very rarely affected me. I must be lucky I guess...
The_One

Post by The_One »

Hmm, I haven't seen it in 2.2 at all.
priior

Post by priior »

it happens daily (not only to me). what seems to be randomly... cant really tell under what circumstances. some ppl suddenly get it.

sometiems their hammer hits non stop.. other times... there are no precursor symptoms... u get the ball.. and u cant pass.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

[

i get this on a regular basis: I am simply stuck to the ground and can only move my crosshairs around, i can still volley and charge up a shot, just not move ... to the point that i no longer play competitively becuase I get stuck too much
canash

Post by canash »

dunno if someone already said this. But when you disconnect before the match start (where everyone has too click before the game start) you cant see yourself in the f3 menu.
well it is nåt the biggest bug ever, but can be a bit annoying :P
priior

Post by priior »

those bugs are occuring way too often to be able to have any kind of organized game... cuz when ur hammer's broken there's no way of finding out.. so if ur playing d.. u can play an entire game.. miss allthe balls.. think ur timing was off... meanwhile it was the hammer that was dead...
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

Ha! Yeah, that's happened to me more times than I would like.. I end up chasing people to test the hammer and confirm it's dead. grrr.
<_Kapi_>

Post by <_Kapi_> »

BUG:
Game ends when there is time left on the clock.

KTHX:noob: