Think Laterally

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

DavidM

Post by DavidM »

the missing comma keeps confusing me as well.
seer

Post by seer »

Some Lateral Thinking Puzzles are sometimes very difficult ....I have no idea...other than what has been posted before.

But here is an easy one.

I pushed my car to a Railway Station, when I got there I realised I was bankrupt. How????
theCrusifix

Post by theCrusifix »

the railway station is a gas station beeings your pushing your car, however you dont have money for gas so you know your bankrupt,<beeing broke.
seer

Post by seer »

theCrusifix wrote: the railway station is a gas station beeings your pushing your car, however you dont have money for gas so you know your bankrupt,<beeing broke.

Nope :cool:
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

It's not a riddle, it is only one of the questions in an FBI questionaire, designed to determine psychopathy in prisoners. In a survey of hundreds of diagnosed psychopaths, over ninety percent gave the same answer to this question without a moment's hesitation: the woman killed her sister in the hope, that the man with whom she was obsessed would turn up at her sister's funeral. To the psychopathic mind, this is the "obvious" answer.
We have some psychopaths here. But to be honest, when you try to find an answer while thinking it's a riddle, you obviously come up with this. I think it's a stupid test....
david_g

Post by david_g »

seer wrote: Some Lateral Thinking Puzzles are sometimes very difficult ....I have no idea...other than what has been posted before.

But here is an easy one.

I pushed my car to a Railway Station, when I got there I realised I was bankrupt. How????

Are you playing monopoly?
seer

Post by seer »

david_g wrote: Are you playing monopoly?

:p Yes :p
Kiz

Post by Kiz »

I'm not a psychopath O.O I thought maybe the man turned out to be her sister's new boyfriend or something, and the woman killed her so she could get him for herself.

Okay that's still psychopathic. nevermind.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Well get it, it's not a riddle with a solution or something....
WeeMan

Post by WeeMan »

Although amusing, the sister act is a hoax and not a genuine test for serial killers! .... maybe...

Check out http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/sister.htm
Mack

Post by Mack »

DavidM wrote: It's not a riddle, it is only one of the questions in an FBI questionaire, designed to determine psychopathy in prisoners. In a survey of hundreds of diagnosed psychopaths, over ninety percent gave the same answer to this question without a moment's hesitation: the woman killed her sister in the hope, that the man with whom she was obsessed would turn up at her sister's funeral. To the psychopathic mind, this is the "obvious" answer.
We have some psychopaths here. But to be honest, when you try to find an answer while thinking it's a riddle, you obviously come up with this. I think it's a stupid test....

The answers to look out for is the, 'she murdered her so she would get to see the man again' answer. For all the reasons that david said.

So there are a few psychopaths on here then.
ringer

Post by ringer »

DavidM wrote: It's not a riddle, it is only one of the questions in an FBI questionaire, designed to determine psychopathy in prisoners. In a survey of hundreds of diagnosed psychopaths, over ninety percent gave the same answer to this question without a moment's hesitation: the woman killed her sister in the hope, that the man with whom she was obsessed would turn up at her sister's funeral. To the psychopathic mind, this is the "obvious" answer.

damnit i was gonna say that
aic2276

Post by aic2276 »

i liked my answer better. but seriously, I knew that one.
kimpossible

Post by kimpossible »

She was crying to her sister about what a jerk guys are and how she was really in love with this guy and. . .

So her sister says "he split because you look fat"

So she killed her.

Really, her sister was just trying to get her to return the new outfit she bought because her sister wanted it. Little did she realize it wasn't a good time to go there.

It was justifiable homicide. Can we move on? :eek: :eek: :eek:

\o/
jooly

Post by jooly »

Jeez, how many things can you guys think to do with a brick?