Maegrim

Post by Maegrim »

a very large flock of birds?
fro

Post by fro »

germans?
f1end

Post by f1end »

Just as a small point ... please explain, using as advanced physics as u like, how the hell a quad-jump works!!!! or better still show me some1 who can do this in real life.

THEN come back and argue your point about the physics of deathball.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

i am sure it could be done with booster packs or something
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

the original point of this post WAS NOT to be able to boost yourself off the ground or walls or whatever. It was specifically off other people. Like when running at an offsive player on defense you bump them when the balls in mid air and bam, easiest interception ever. With this if you run at a player whos commign at you, sideways towards you in any way your direction (can be assesed by using x and y coords) then you get a recoil from it. This would IMO promote intercepting defensivly with a little more skill than volleying it away or knocking the offensive player. At the same time its good offensivvly cause you can boost a defender out of the way, catch the kickback and catch an open pass... When a defender charges an offensive player near the pbox it gives the shooter some space. Not a lot but some. What im asking for is some sort of kickback about the distance of one low jump, it wouldnt seriously change gameplay but it would teach people to be more tactical about how they approach the ball carrier or intercept passes. This would do nothing but improve gameplay. Not to mention make it a bit more fair from an offensive standpoint and only challenge the defenders to get some new tactics besides blasting people away at all possible times.

Just thinging about it maybe it should be JUST for the opposite team... hypathetically you could get a little boost by running at player on your team and getting a crazy double boost.

edit: to answer the space shuttle question, air has mass to it, its just far less dense than the ground. Thats why when you shoot a modle rocket off it starts really fast then slows down going upward. If it didnt have mass there would be no such thing as wind either. If it didnt have mass it wouldnt exist O.o

and you *can* quadjump, you just dont gain height like you do in video games. Watch basketball, a double pump layou is essentially a double jump.
Last edited by Surge on 08-04-2003 23:13, edited 1 time in total.
YoYo789

Post by YoYo789 »

to answer the space shuttle question, air has mass to it, its just far less dense than the ground. Thats why when you shoot a modle rocket off it starts really fast then slows down going upward. If it didnt have mass there would be no such thing as wind either. If it didnt have mass it wouldnt exist O.o
the major slowdown on a model rocket would have to be gravity. But it speeds up due to conservation of momentum between it and the fuel. When the fuel is exhausted (shot out the bottom) it gets downwards momentum (relative to the shuttle) so the rocket gets upward momentum to cancel them out.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

i think this is an interesting idea but i am not so sure that ppl wouldn't find a way to abuse this power, i mean just about everything you add to the game ppl find ways to abbuse or over use it. it would have some possitive benifits for O juking would be more interesting cuz it would buy you more time and combined with the shake shot it would be very useful, though i think making it one whole jump space is way to much, one that way it would be easer to abuse (one that could be done to prevent too much abuse is make it so that it not any faster than normal speed and you don't gain altitude) and two it would be a little unfair to D maybe half a jump or so. worth looking into
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

berk it would really be a "jump", it'd be a ground knock more or less and "slide" backwards... it'd be very easy to recover from, i ment more the distance of a jump whch is only 1-2 paces. Its actually good defensivly too because it gives you better positioning to block shots.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

maybe a way to stop the abbuse of this could be to make only happen if you hit something?
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

thats what i mean essentially... youget kickback after striking an opponent player thats RUNNING AT YOU.