Look for maps, show your maps...

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Lemmeloose2000

Post by Lemmeloose2000 »

I was thinking a name like

DB-DesertSolitaire
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

Yer thats fine too. Tho I don't understand why it would be DESERT solitaire. Is there a desert in the skybox that I can't see in the screenies? Or do you just like the way that name sounds?
Lemmeloose2000

Post by Lemmeloose2000 »

The whole map is in the desert, it has that cracked ground thing, what do you think i should add to make it more desserty?

Mybe you should Beta test my map for me? have NO beta testers. Any one please, i need testers
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

Well it depends. You mean to test in an online game with other people? Or would you simply send me a copy to test for myself? I would like to test it, get a better look at the map. Because I'm in Australia, I wouldn't be able to play well on any non-Australian servers. This would make it harder to scope out the feel of the map.
Lemmeloose2000

Post by Lemmeloose2000 »

No i want you to test it by your self not online

Contact me for the map

ICQ-256770756

AIM-Lemmeloose2000

MSN-lemmelloose2000@yahoo.com

Yahoo-lemmeloose2000

E-mail: Lemmeloose2000@yahoo.com

P.S. anyone else that wants to beta test please contact me.
Lemmeloose2000

Post by Lemmeloose2000 »

P.S. i'm having trouble with my radar, i don't get how to make a shadar and all that.

And is there any way to have the radar change to a diffrent one when you go down into the sewers or something? maybe David will know.
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

no lemmy, just put the sewers light on the map or not at all...

as for the shader. you have to make it a square image, everything you want transparent completely black then make it a translcent image in UED (not sure how) then you need to put the radar trigger right in the very center of the map and set the offsets according to the map size. if you make was lets say 5000 long and 2000 wide you'd have to make the offsets all 2500 cause the image is square.

You'll figure it out.
BL44T

Post by BL44T »

lemmeh are u on irc?
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

k I got you in my yahoo. Send me the URL where I can get the map.
Lemmeloose2000

Post by Lemmeloose2000 »

Yes i'm on irc, but not a room you can use, because it's a private room for the mod i'm working on, so tell me where to meet you, and i'll be there.

Thanks surge, but i don't know what you mean by put the sewer light on the map or not at all.

Oh and i get how to make the radar actor, but not the radar shadar, i have made my radar image and all that but i don't get what the hell a shadar is, and how to use it.
Karny

Post by Karny »

Ok lemme i tested your map and for the most part it is pretty damn sweet. It looks good and its pretty innovative for a deathball map. You can tell that it is set in a desert style location when you play it. This map has a lot of potential but it has it share of problems. Ill go through what I noticed. The lifts are to slow, the bounce pads from north to south give you a multiple bounces (which is fun at first but later annoying), there is a wierd little fire near the middle on the red side, the sewers are to narrow, the bots wont let the ball carrie out of the sewers, and the sewers are hard to get out of even without the ball due to some lifts problems.

Suggestions;

1: As you can tell most of my problems where with the sewers so i would just do away with them because i didnt find them to be fun at all. A large open underground ball zone might be cool but the narrow sewers are just annoying

2: Take out the cluter underneath the upper walkways. The support arms give it a nice look but are in the when you want to bounce the ball up the field off the wall.

3: Do something with all the lifts and bounc pads. They are either to slow or dont work properly. The lifts in the sewers are seriously fucked. The are hard to get down, get up, get on and so forth.

The map as I said could be very great with a little tweaking.

Good job Lemme, cant wait for the final release.

P.S. I couldnt here any music. Might just be a isolated problem with me though.
Lemmeloose2000

Post by Lemmeloose2000 »

Ok, i got this sweet static mesh froma web site, and now no more lifts from the sewers, good ol fire escape, witch works nice.

I am gonna make the sewers bigger and make multiple ways to get around so it don't get crowded. I hated those lifts too.

The supports under the upper walkway, they get in the way a bit , but the map looks bad without them, i might try making them smaller, but if that still sucks, i'll kill them./

Sorry about the fire, that was a mistake.

I speeding up the lifts now.

Jump pads are giving me fits so it might take a bit to fix them, for some reason the go straight up and no toward the forced path.

O yeah, have you tried to volley in the sewres? it's fun

Ok things to expect in new version-

3 random ball spawn spots, sewer, middle, and hight cat walk area.

New Fire Escape to the sewers.

And much more =)
OhWeia

Post by OhWeia »

DavidM wrote: i see pretty much nothing

dunno how ohweia, blaat and cyph can see it 0_o

err.. did I say anything about the pics? I just suggested to change the name ;-)
Lemmeloose2000

Post by Lemmeloose2000 »

Yeah think i'm gonna change it to DB-DesertSolitaire all in favor say I

no seriously tell me if i should change it.
Lemmeloose2000

Post by Lemmeloose2000 »

ok i have 2 beta testers, anyone else?