New DB Video?

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

The_One

Post by The_One »

DavidM wrote: pubber never "know better", that's why I forgive the stupid comments :)

But they express their limited knowledge in a way that they are beyond all and know it all better.
Then you see em play in a pickup match one day and notice how weak and lost they are, and you see how poor Pubs are compared to Pickups (and pickups aren't exactly good either, but a lot better still).
How about the pickup players move onto pubs and play? Pub standard will go up. "Pubbers" will learn how to really play DB. More matches will get played. All good.

You can change the status quo if you so choose.
Ker]v[et

Post by Ker]v[et »

idd^^

take 2-3 (or more) of yar pickup playing friends and play some pubs. Can be fun :p
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

something in me wants to play a match with 2 fixed teams that both try to make up a tactic to win.
randomly joining at a random time and just randomly playing is what they do...its what i hate. i wanna play good, i try to win. if one person on the field doesn't, its no more fun for me.
The_One

Post by The_One »

Sounds like a description of pickups just as much as pubs. Tactics? Bwahahaha. Maybe when it's clan v random pickupers and you're on the clan side. We need a league for decent tactics from both sides surely?

Quit talking of pubs in a derogatory manner when it's your own doing. It does not help.
Last edited by The_One on 24-08-2006 15:26, edited 1 time in total.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

it's a problem of the game concept that there is a problem like that (the big need of team work), so why not talk about it but hide it?
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

ahh once i fix the powersupply on my spare comp i'll give it a whirl.
The_One

Post by The_One »

Who's trying to hide it? Stop talking about it and do something. Play pubs. Show the new players (cough) and those brought up only on VO how to play the game. If enough pickup players do this things will change. Your attitude will only perpetuate the situation. Can you not see this? Is it too obvious? :eek:
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

The problem is that a regular game teaches people all alone. They jump in, play for themselves and slowly become better.
But Deathball requires so much teamplay that players kill each other because they lack patience for beginners.
There are several small ideas going through my head, but the big one ain't there, but I'm afraid the problem is only solvable if the whole gameplay was turned on it's head...which would suck bad.
The_One

Post by The_One »

Make the bots really, really good. A monumental task of course.

What you describe happens on VO pubs at least as much, if not more. Pickup players joining would not alter the landscape in this regard (hell, I wouldn't be suprised if attitudes improved). The only difference it would make is that people would learn DB instead of VO and that it is more likely that a player sees a server with players in it. I don't see a downside.
The_One

Post by The_One »

I'll take the lack of a retort to mean that you'll start playing on pubs from now on. Cool. \o/