Ping Discussion

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Messy

Post by Messy »

I play on ozforces server with 350 ping, eat that. :p
Yes I will lose, no i won't catch any balls, no i can't hit ppl unless they want to and want to wait 3 seconds

But I sure as hell could make a screenshot ;p
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

350ms is too much lag imo. As in my original post between 120-160ms is playable but you will have difficulties. When we first started playing as deez, we trained before games by getting used to the lag. Once that is done, we adapted to the .25-.75 sec delay. You division one/two teams should look out for the top 4 teams or should I say top 3 excluding us. All Im saying, I see alot of promise in those squads, they have good people.
Catalyst88

Post by Catalyst88 »

Fallen wrote: International league will never get off the ground than a mere suggestion. There is not enough support from both sides that will play cross continent. I'm sure that most of NA will be willing to sacrafice some lag just to meet new competition. However the fact is, as I stated before, anything higher than 90ms for europeans is consider lag/packetloss. If you do play higher than that, put f6, and show me some screenshots. Until we get some real commitment, as part of the DBL council, we won't ask bazzi to help out.

BuD used to play a lot of overseas games, and we didn't care about ping... TEZC did a couple of times too, I'm sure DEUS wouldn't mind joining something like this, or AoV, and several others... you can't generalise that we'll ALL complain, I mean V3 CONSTANTLY complain about ping when they play on EU servers... (well, some of them). And I'm sure other NA players do too... err. If that was too harsh then bleh, but it's true :). I managed to play a DBL game fine last night with 180 ping so, bleh, and I've played a few NA pickups with little trouble...
f1end

Post by f1end »

I once playe4d a DBL match on DBL 2 with a ping of around 300...against cY blue (as they were then)...scored twice \o/...(ok so we lost 22-4)...what people forget is that there is a slight advantage of having a high ping at times...no1 knows u've shot 'till the lag catches up, then they have less time to react.
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

Yes, yes, we do complain, but that's still part of the game. We cannot blame lag just because we lose here and there. My opinion is, if its a resonable server that yeild an average of 120-150ms ping for 4 to 5 players on the field, we have a chance to stay close and win. Sure volleying is harder, but V3 tends not to volley in overseas games because we know that volley will depend on if the server and client both register the same action.
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

If you teams would like to get a international tourney going, say so, make a list of teams that would enter in teh european league. If the list is big enough, I will personally get most of the teams of NA trying it out.

We will have special rules. That can be discussed after if there is enough popularity in this subject.

*Note* - I don't like excluding the aussies, but with ping restrictions, you cannot do much.

To all aussies, go onto the TFO server. I believe its the west coast. You might get good ping. However, I suppose you might have broadband. My family in malaysia has dail-up I think, not too sure.
Bodom

Post by Bodom »

I know I only complain about euro ping when the european server is just plain bad...like people living close to get are pinging 100+. Also, some euro servers get bad PL which really sucks. There's a few that are great tho even with 150 ping, such as the DBL servers or 123/4's servers. RoV has a good one too.
Savwa

Post by Savwa »

I play with 150+ ping regularly on 123/4's servers. Takes a game of warmup to get used to the lag difference. I am not a volley whore, nor do I score much, but my support of my team with boosting, defense, and even at the keep position is why I will continue to play with the pings as they are. I have problems on servers above 220, but who doesn't.
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

lemme remind u all AGAIN my pings are usually around 120 in DBL servers, and i been keeper of AoV for a long time...

PS: i suked but nontheless
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

Only a minority of players from europe have pings higher than 90. Req says he has crappy french dsl, so he would be one in mind who couldn't play in the international cup on an overseas server.
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

Fallen wrote: Req says he has crappy french dsl

u dont know whats crappy dsl til u get a portuguese crappy dsl :)
Stulovesyou

Post by Stulovesyou »

Requiem

Post by Requiem »

Cenotaph wrote: u dont know whats crappy dsl til u get a portuguese crappy dsl :)

LOL, it's nearly the same

all french ping between 100 & 120 on euros servers, sometimes it increase to 130, bah we used to play with it, so, now we don't really care

sometimes, i played on NA servers, got 160-180, even if it's still "playable" , it's a bit useless as we hit the player after the shoot :devil:
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

soz im tired so i didnt read the whole thread.

i play on ozforces with 120 ping and thats fine

i play on NA servers wih 250 ping and with practise and not OV thats fine, tho i can still volley no worries as long as i can be ready for it, cant reflex volley :p

i play on euro servers with 330 ping. can still have a fun game, just no vollies :p

i think that playing intercontinental games is very possible. ive played on non OV US servers (yes, once or twice :p ) with some aussie teammates and we have kicked ass before. then again the other team is usually volley whores and they lose the ball all the time in offence :p

also, some team (NA preferably) challenge CxZ were ready to take you on :p
BurntLeaf
Banned

Post by BurntLeaf »

Maybe Euro's and Aussies should have a game on a american server. I daresay your ping would be worse but it might even it out a bit :']