Go Portugal Kick English Ass!!!

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

GazMaN

Post by GazMaN »

Cenotaph wrote: . As i mentined its not really a football rule, but i think its more of a guideline given to referees, which probably doesnt apply in England, as Meier also said and i said it after :p

so now we have different guidelines for different countries, how can we hope to have a fair tournament.

in that case england were given an unfair advantage because we use different rules to the ones you play here.

wat a load of bollocks.

Its like a tennis player entering a tournament andbeing told he has to play squash vs professional squash players.

Wat? you hit a ball witha raquet, just slightly different rules :blabla:
Austin^13

Post by Austin^13 »

Shev.npu wrote: austin, u english fucking judas cunt , trying to be against england to be fuckin different, cant except the fucking truth.

ur calling him fat, u aint looked in the mirror

thats a shit why to get a fucking fish m8...

Oh no pls dont make me cry.
1. just cos im englsih dont mean i HAVE to support England
2. i am not fat
3. i am not judas or trying to copy him in any way
Austin^13

Post by Austin^13 »

[1234]Jr wrote: It's called "trying to get a reaction"

*fishes*

i am not trying to get a reaction i am simply stating my view on the Euro 2004 competition match between england and portugal

if any of you other english people cant face that england just arent good enough to win anything then.......
you dont see any DavidM complaining about germany being knocked out in the group stages do you, so to all you other english people, grab a tissue and stop crying :D
Onge

Post by Onge »

Actually DavidM did comment on how unlucky Germany were vs the Czechs.

Anyway what's done is done. We're never going to agree on everything. Take away controversial moments and football ain't half as exciting! One thing I do know is that in our shoes, a lot of non-English people would feel mightly pissed off as well.
Austin^13

Post by Austin^13 »

david is not using excuses like "the ref was crap" or "the ball wasnt round :'(" :D
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

w00t, just watched on television.

The UEFA referee committee just said today that Urs Meier took the correct decision, after studying the case deeply they reached to the conclusion that the english impeded the action of the goalkeeper and thus commited a fault.

They also stated that behaviour of the english press was unacceptable.
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

yeah read about that earlier.

i wouldn't read too much into it. For the UEFA committee not to back Meier after all the controversy here, would be political suicide.

my point still stands that Meier is extremely inconsistent. virtually identical situations in 2 different matches yet 2 different verdicts.

unacceptable.
Austin^13

Post by Austin^13 »

\o/ hahah shev suck my nuts !! and you speedy owned
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

Relik, to claim the Ibrahimovic's goal is an identical situation is juat naive, in my opinion. Zlatan did not impede the goalkeeper of doing anything, he just reached to ball before he did.

http://www.soccerclips.net/euro2004.html watch it again :)

And @ GazMaN, one of the duties of the UEFA Referees' Committee is to create directions so all the referee use an unique criterion, if the english referees choose not to follow these criteria, its not UEFA's fault.
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

thou i must say its not impossible to have the same game played with slightly different rules, just look at NBA its the most obvious example, not only the matches take longer than in other countries and in WC, the referees also tend not to appoint some faults to make the game more appealing, what happens in England with football is slightly the same thing.
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

rofl, row Q :D

I wonder where Rui Costa's penalty landed :devil:
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

first of all I said virtually identical. not identical.

let me explain how. in both goals the following things were in common.

1. the ball was in open play with no team in possession of the ball

2. the ball and the incidents were in the 6 yard box

3. the attacking player was in position to play the ball before the keeper

4. the attacking players obstructed the keeper from reaching the ball

5. the end result was the ball was in the back of the net

6. the referee was the same in both matches.

I'm not naive. But only a fool would say the situations are not similar.
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

4 did not occur in Zlatan's goal, 3 would not occur in Campbell's goal if Terry wouldnt impede the keeper's movement, might i recall you he can raise his hands to get the ball...
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

i'm watching the Zlatan replay right now.

i disagree. but hey, nothing new there ;) imo zlatan did obstruct the keeper. watch the replay again.