Level MINUS 12

Hints and questions about specific levels. Be careful not to post spoilers!

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

The_Un4given

Re: Level MINUS 12

Post by The_Un4given »

OMG.....it took me like 10 seconds tonight (not counting time needed to make the right image)...but I was stuck on it for a very long time....Thank God it's over...and I can call it 'a nice level' now I'm trough with it :))
G'Luck to everyone w/ this one....it takes your nerves.....(/me eyes -17....)
Just be patient and you'll do it :) eventually
zaza256

Post by zaza256 »

:Solved:
You guys complained about this level so much it made me think it was going to be hard and stuck on it for days/weeks/months... I hope I didn't just get lucky guessing the answer - in case this level ever gets edited in the future, then I'll be back to the drawing board.
kpatterson

Post by kpatterson »

zaza256 wrote::Solved:
You guys complained about this level so much it made me think it was going to be hard and stuck on it for days/weeks/months... I hope I didn't just get lucky guessing the answer - in case this level ever gets edited in the future, then I'll be back to the drawing board.
how'd you guess the answer? PM me.
Ticosing

Totally lost

Post by Ticosing »

help please! any hint would be good... can anyone lead me to the right path?

anyone I can pm?

edit. got it
Last edited by Ticosing on 23-01-2010 18:10, edited 1 time in total.
Sergej

Post by Sergej »

I found the obvious "hint" in the sourcecode to be quite misleading (it suggested something much more complicated). If you have the right clue what to do, the level can be solved in two or three minutes.
Karonte82

Post by Karonte82 »

Ok , well it's something like 3 month of play and now i'm at this level but GIMP is an Hard friend, and i'm stuck! I Cut , flip, lap, using filter and mask but nothing, it' 5 hour now, i need an hint ...
i hate this level....

i don't understand if i'm on the right way, dot connection?

nevermind 17.00 a workday to solve it -_______-
stavro510

Post by stavro510 »

Like most people in this thread, I've come here after a long break from notpron.. because of this level!

It's been a couple or three years since I've put concentrated effort into minus12, with occasional bursts of effort for an hour here or there.

I just today found something I hadn't seen before and would like to PM someone and see if I'm on the right track. Anyone out there to answer a question or two?
foxyzen

Post by foxyzen »

I'm free pm me, I'll be up all night..
Roie

Post by Roie »

I think i found something but im not sure if its related and i also dont know what to do with it.Can i pm anyone?
reyningsunshine

Post by reyningsunshine »

I'm new to notpron (I'm maybe 6-7 years late for it lol), and after a week I'm on -12... This is irritating me. Somebody told me the answer (a friend of mine who thought it'd be "funny"), but I want to know how/why. I feel like it's cheating if I don't learn the logic behind it/get it for myself.

Does the HTML message in the source code have anything to do with it?
frkyjenn

Post by frkyjenn »

reyningsunshine wrote:I'm new to notpron (I'm maybe 6-7 years late for it lol), and after a week I'm on -12... This is irritating me. Somebody told me the answer (a friend of mine who thought it'd be "funny"), but I want to know how/why. I feel like it's cheating if I don't learn the logic behind it/get it for myself.

best thing to do is to decode it... :)
reyningsunshine

Post by reyningsunshine »

frkyjenn wrote:
reyningsunshine wrote:I'm new to notpron (I'm maybe 6-7 years late for it lol), and after a week I'm on -12... This is irritating me. Somebody told me the answer (a friend of mine who thought it'd be "funny"), but I want to know how/why. I feel like it's cheating if I don't learn the logic behind it/get it for myself.

best thing to do is to decode it... :)
Which I did and struggled with finding any reason behind it besides possibly a red herring, as I see noting to decode of any sort in any other part of the source or the image (which I even opened in notepad, changed file types, etc). I tried flipping the image / using the "the white dots are there for a reason" hint and I'm still stuck.

By the end of this night, I'm going to be bald. And I have quite a bit of hair.
Roie

Post by Roie »

Is it somehow similar to minus 10?
Roie

Post by Roie »

Can I pm anyone with my ideas?
Karnissa

Post by Karnissa »

Roie wrote:Can I pm anyone with my ideas?
You can PM me.