1.7 beta

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

DavidM

Post by DavidM »

this is another bug in warehouse, totally not db related, just the map
MeSSiaH{FCU}

Post by MeSSiaH{FCU} »

Well actually, it's the same with cheops now =/ used to work well, what happened?
Feep!

Post by Feep! »

my totally bugged map db-dendrophile is also affected by this totally not db related bug, since 1.7

what to do?
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

Originally poasted by DavidM
Sif it is a bug in the warehouse. It was working fine before 1.7.
Diab

Post by Diab »

;)
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

hey, new radar looks great... nice one!
Astroboy

Post by Astroboy »

http://astroboy.neorift.net/bugs.avi

Ok, there are two bugs in this video.
One is how the ball can sometimes go through someone (which is terribly annoying while keeping.)
I've had shots that are right at me go through me. It makes me yell out "OMG CAUGHT" alot more =P Keeping is tough enough as is with this pitiful chargeup sound, I'd like things that I catch to be caught. Thnx.

The second part of the video displays how it's very easy to get stuck in the net now. It is VERY annoying when you try to make a save to a shot that is high but the crossbar sends you flying downwards (allowing the goal).

Another issue is the loss of frame rate after doing an un-aimed pass (which I am unable to display due to the fact that I would need a video shot at 100fps which would mean a 500 meg video). Sure it can be a 'penalty' for trying to noobcannon or whatever, but imagine it in the case of a keeper. I go to pass but it doesn't target my teammate for one reason or another and uh oh the other team intercepts my unaimed pass. Now I have no chance of saving because I'm jerking all over the place.

My other qualm is the chargeup sound. I know it's been debated to death but really it means you can't keep with anything higher than 80 ping because the ball just shoots out with no warning. I'll play in net while playing real hocker or soccer and sure there's no sound but there is warning (raising stick to shoot/leg goes back before kicking ball). But in 1.7 I just have a fast ass shot come out of nowhere. I'll have guys do shots and it'll say "ball was flying for .3 seconds". That means if you are pinging 100 (a fairlydecent ping) 1/3 of the time to make the save is lost to lag. Really, keepers need the chargeup sound. *I'm* able to score almost every time now, and that's just wrong.

Also, I got the ball stuck into the post once but was unable to do it again so it's not in the movie.

**edit**
Video is DivX in order to keep file size low. So get DivX =P

**edit2**
This is with latest beta

**edit3**
I forgot to mention that when the ball goes through a person, it still makes the catch sound (which is why I'm always going OMG CAUGHT =P )
Last edited by Astroboy on 29-06-2003 07:42, edited 1 time in total.
Diab

Post by Diab »

the catch "bug" has always been there, 1.6, 1.5, 1.4 for what i seen, and yes you see a keeper catch the ball but its a goal.. o_O

proberly where the ball goes behind you before becoming your ball (he catches it but you see the ball trail appear behind or above the keeper for a brief moment)
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

look at this pic

your catch radius goes over the line, so you can catch balls that are already in the goal.....
so dont worry, these ARE regular goals, the game is not cheating on you
jet2lag

Post by jet2lag »

hm i remember there was another db version where the ball went through you very often - and as a defender it was counted as an own goal.

i'm not sure if this bug is in 1.7b.
So Astroboy - is this only as keeper or as normal player too?

in the other two things (charge up sound and get stuck in the net) i agree with Astroboy
Diab

Post by Diab »

the bug is prob where someone pulls of a maxed power shot or good volley and its passing that radius. you know that every now and again the ball shakes while going through the air because of the servers ping.
moonhead

Post by moonhead »

Yes I'm on about keeper lines again. In the new 1.7 official release the white lines around the keeper zone are now: (DB-Cube)

Code: Select all

__>        <__
|                  |
|                  |
-----------------
They have been changed SINCE the beta. They were:

Code: Select all

|                  |
|                  |
|                  |
-----------------

ie. they now point inwards and are shorter.
Ideally it should be back as they were in 1.6. I know the zone is not there - fine. But leave the white lines as they were.

I depend on them to work out what my position is in relation to the goal.
Other keepers - nameless, gim, harold, bedlam, drifter etc. please, what do you think to this change ?

Please make them as they were in 1.6. I did mention this on this very thread, and talking to david about it now he says 'you should have complained during the beta',
which I did, and david even replied.

I still dont understand why they had to be altered at all. Now they have altered again since beta.

All the other keeping changes are great (quad jump, pbox zone etc). If you are a keeper and you are bothered about this please give me your thoughts. If no one else is bothered, I'll shutup. :)
Last edited by moonhead on 29-06-2003 16:18, edited 1 time in total.
1234Bedlam

Post by 1234Bedlam »

I'm with Moonhead :)
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

i complained about the beta goal lines at the time too...

and the current changes seem better than the beta anyway...

I don't understand why the lines don't completely connect.. is there a reason for this?

I'm not a 'proper' keeper as such but I did find the keeper box lines useful for spatial positioning and orientation too.

To be fair, I think I can live with the lines as they are now... but the old lines were better.
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

Originally posted by Armagon

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by DavidM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sif it is a bug in the warehouse. It was working fine before 1.7.